Character Affiliations Updates (8/23/22)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited August 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
In order to support The Hulk (Bruce Banner)'s updated abilities, we added some new Affiliations to some characters in the game. We've got more updates for other characters coming, including more Geniuses and Illuminati but these got accelerated due to the rebalance since they're used more often with Banner, or they're mutually exclusive variants of characters that are.

Affected characters:
5-Star
  • Black Bolt (Inhuman King) - Heroes, Inhumans, Illuminati, Team Cap
  • Black Panther (Civil War) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Wakanda, Enhanced
  • Doctor Doom (God Emperor) - Villains, Godlike, Supernatural, Geniuses, Multiversal
  • Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Surpreme) - Heroes, Avengers, Defenders, Illuminati, Supernatural, Geniuses
  • The Hulk (Bruce Banner) - Heroes, Avengers, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced, Geniuses
  • The Hulk (Immortal) - Heroes, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced
  • Iron Man (Mark XLVI) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Technologists, Geniuses 
4-Star
  • Black Panther (King of Wakanda) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Wakanda, Enhanced
  • The Hulk (The Main Event) - Heroes, Avengers, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced
  • The Hulk (Totally Awesome) - Heroes, Champions, Team Iron Man, Illuminati, Geniuses, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced
  • Iron Man (Hulkbuster) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Technologists, Geniuses 
  • Medusa (Inhuman Queen) - Heroes, Inhumans, Illuminati, A-Force
  • Professor X (Charles Xavier) - Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Illuminati

3-Star
  • Beast (Classic) - Heroes, X-Men, Avengers, Mutants, Illuminati, Geniuses
  • Black Panther (T'Challa) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Wakanda, Illuminati, Defenders, Geniuses
  • Doctor Doom (Classic) - Villains, Geniuses, Supernatural, Technologists
  • Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) - Heroes, Avengers, Supernatural, Geniuses
  • Iron Man (Model 40) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Technologists, Illuminati, Geniuses 
  • The Hulk (Indestructible) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Gamma Mutates, Enhanced
1-Star
  • Iron Man (Model 35) - Heroes, Avengers, Team Iron Man, Technologists, Illuminati, Geniuses 

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been years since I've played but I don't recall there being a 2* Ironman. Model 40 is 3*
  • IceIX
    It's been years since I've played but I don't recall there being a 2* Ironman. Model 40 is 3*
    Whoops. Fixed!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Wondering why Red Hulk and She Hulk didn't get the Gamma Mutates/Enhanced tags.

KGB
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Looking forward to potential Supports.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad to see update in affiliations and looking forward to what the new dev team has planned for affiliations. 
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    KGB said:
    Wondering why Red Hulk and She Hulk didn't get the Gamma Mutates/Enhanced tags.

KGB
    I think they only updated those impacted by Banner's rework.  Only those with the Geniuses or Illuminati tags got updated (but with all the new tags added while they did it)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there a reason Banner/Hulk doesn't get a Defenders affiliation? He was part of the original team with Strange and Namor.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to see that Affiliations are getting updated, as it means there will hopefully be some more bonuses coming from them.  Does this mean that we will be able to filter our roster by Affiliations to determine who's on the same team?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's going to be tough for those players who don't read comics to remember these tags. And I'm surprised non of the 2-star got updates. Again, I don't read comics.

5 affiliations seem a lot. Will there be a cap on the maximum number of affiliations a character will have?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    At some point in the future being able to sort the roster by affiliation would be awesome.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Wondering why Namor and 5* Professor X haven’t got the illuminati affiliation?
  • IceIX
    Ptahhotep said:
    Wondering why Namor and 5* Professor X haven’t got the illuminati affiliation?
    We've got more updates for other characters coming, including more Geniuses and Illuminati but these got accelerated due to the rebalance since they're used more often with Banner, or they're mutually exclusive variants of characters that are.