Dear devs, it might be time for a time out

Options
Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
The amount of bugs and glitches that happened in the last few weeks have become a major annoyance to a huge part of the community.
While these problems most likely are going back to the transition from one dev team to a new one, it still is a source of a lot of frustration.
So it might be time to get a time out from character releases now to fix these problems and get the game to the state it should be in, before the bugs cascade to the point the game really becomes unplayable.
You guys are ambitious and I like that and it wouldn’t be a sign of weakness or defeat to go on a maintenance break, and I’m sure that a good part of the community thinks the same way.
I also know that there are many people here that might see this completely different, to them I say this here is only my humble opinion and I’m open to every other opinion too, so please return this favor and don’t get too upset about this post.

Thnaks

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you need to email Marvel/Disney and ask them to stop forcing the dev to do tie-in releases instead. The reason why this game exists is because of the contract agreement between the dev and Marvel/Disney. Stopping character release is out of the question. Maybe shutdown MPQ for 1 week?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, they're able to release multiple cash offers daily without any problem.
    So you know, priorities.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I'll go a step further than just a pause on character releases.  Shut it all down completely until you get all the bugs worked out.  New studio grace period is over.  
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As I watch my Top 100 standing beginning to fall, I definitely get the frustration! I don’t have a roster that can compete in the bloodbath that is She-Hulk’s PVP at the moment and it’s pretty disappointing to have survived iHulk/Sw5tch (without having either champed) after a month of grinding (time and $) and for it to potentially have been for naught. I love MPQ and respect the vision of the new devs, so I don’t have my pitchfork out quite yet, but, man…

I really hope bug/tech fixes are part of the September updates!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll go a step further than just a pause on character releases.  Shut it all down completely until you get all the bugs worked out.  New studio grace period is over.  
    Seems hyperbolic when about half of the bugs are player friendly.  Broken crash got me a free LL, extra covers handed out for the last few gaffes. I don't mind the mistakes when the results are player friendly.  I feel bad for the folks who are going to lose out on placements especially in those season battles for stones.  That's rough, a lot of time and money goes in to those so I understand the frustration those folks are feeling.  Still that is about .000001% of the player base.  

Daredevil217 said:

So I guess the honeymoon is over? Didn’t take long for you all to turn lol. 
    Pretty much.  
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not sure how anyone didn't see this coming.  Broken is in their name..  

I can't actually say that I've felt materially impacted by many of the bugs, though the Facebook thing is really annoying. Several have actually been in our favor. At least they've owned up to a number of issues and rewarded the community in several instances far better than the previous developers would have.  

I'd certainly like to see better attention to detail on the releases (QA), but I'm not ready to throw a new developer under the bus just yet.  I'm actually kind of excited to see what they have in store for us at the upcoming anniversary.  That hasn't been the case in years.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You know you could just stop playing right? Rather than waiting for the developers to shut the game down for you, you could just walk away. Come back after the kinks are worked out. Something tells me you won’t do that though. I will continue to happily play/support the game while they work out the kinks. None of these bugs have made the game unplayable. Chasm may have been closest? But it was patched before I experienced any bugs. 

So I guess the honeymoon is over? Didn’t take long for you all to turn lol. 
    Is this an option? Should I speak with my doctor first???
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OP needs a reverse uno time-out card.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you need to email Marvel/Disney and ask them to stop forcing the dev to do tie-in releases instead. The reason why this game exists is because of the contract agreement between the dev and Marvel/Disney. Stopping character release is out of the question. Maybe shutdown MPQ for 1 week?
    I now have a vision of Mickey Mouse armed with a handgun holed up in the Devs Studio. "Welcome to the Clubhouse, boys, now crank me some 4*!"
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    man that honeymoon phase didn't last too long at all lol
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bad said:
    - Better characters then ever, hard to skip 5*s
    - Almost daily free tokens for a lot of vaults for playing x character 
    - 2 5* covers and shards on boss events 
    - A bonus character who feeds the most recent 5* yet to reveal
    - New affiliations which of course will serve for new features 
    - Lot of communication and quick fixing to feedback 
    - Puzzle community challenge with lot of free gifts
    - New features and rebalances coming on september 
    - Many bugs probably caused by innovations on this old coded game. Oh? No, that's unacceptable! The game is unplayable and must be closed( I already forgot all the points above, player's memory is just that fragile). Punish them or fire them at once.
    Also, a communicative response team. We used to have days and days of radio silence.
  • amigopdude22
    amigopdude22 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    justsing said:
    It can't be easy to take over a nearly 9-year old game with lots of legacy code... I'm willing to give the new devs plenty of slack, especially given how communicative they are. The communication and willingness to listen to feedback go a long way for me.
    This. Not to mention they regularly participate in the forums and on Reddit
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As mentioned in the other thread a number of the issues suggest a lack if testing. This may well be affected by how quickly characters are being released, which is possibly outside of the devs control but if it is affecting the quality of the game then it is absolutely right for players to flag this up. It hasn't been mentioned much but there are bugs with the new spiderman too. Innovation is great but please allow time to properly test things or eventually all they will be doing is bug fixing.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I now have a vision of Mickey Mouse armed with a handgun holed up in the Devs Studio. "Welcome to the Clubhouse, boys, now crank me some 4*!"

"Get back to work and start pumping out more characters! More I said! I want new releases every other day or so help me! Ha ha.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    Hard disagree. Don't post much, but am a veteran player who, while not a whale, has spent significant money on the game. Any time there's been an issue, they have been quick with compensation. The new things they are trying and implementing to me are worth any inconveniences. Y'all just like to be sad and mad. 
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Full steam ahead BCS. No half measures!!!