The Puzzle Quest - Gamma Justice Community Challenge (8/17/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

If you log into MPQ today, you will see that we have brought back the community challenge and we are highlighting the release of She-Hulk. This time we have some BIG rewards including the Tier 7 prize rewards of 400 Hero Points + 4-Star She-Hulk (Origin Cover) + 200 shards for an upcoming unannounced character.

Just to note as some of you may have questions.

• Additional trivia and/or activities will be added between now and August 27. An in-game message will notify everyone of when new trivia questions appear (be sure to check site if any activities pop up between trivia questions).  There will also be social posts sent out for each trivia question.
  • Rewards will be given out to ALL players after the challenge is done.  Ex: There won’t be a need to let CS know that you are a PC player and were unable to receive a reward given out via a link. 
  • Only 1 rewards tier will be given out.  Whatever rewards tier the community ends on at the conclusion will determine prize.

Hopefully this answers all the questions.  Good luck everyone!

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like these community events. It would be fun to see some in-game somehow, too. Like cumulative point totals for an event? Not as good for marketing as this kind of event, but it would also be fun to let players have more control over the overall event (the one downside to these events is not being able to "push" for extra points at the end of the event, since there's a fixed amount every player can do).

But yeah, back to the important part, awesome event, enjoyed the last one, looking forward to this one, hope to see more in the future! (you probably already realize this, but this would be a good thing to do during/around Anniversary, too)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing for 1 hour on steam was an interesting one. Having a bunch of mobile players do that would definitely create an artificial bump in that platform's DAU.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing on steam is a burden though because you can’t carry over your account. So mobile players will all be creating new accounts.

I just played on steam last year to see the new account experience.

This part of it I’m just going to pass on, I did everything else though.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    So if I do nothing I still get these rewards again?

Edit just read again, yep I get them anyway. Thanks in advance to everyone for creating multiple accounts to get me this stuff for free. You're all awesome.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:
    Playing on steam is a burden though because you can’t carry over your account. So mobile players will all be creating new accounts.

I punted on it too.Years ago early in my questing for puzzles I had a second steam account just because i was tired of having a totally empty do-nothing alliance, so i made myself a buddy. It was way to cumbersome to keep up so I dropped it long ago. I too chose to leave that point on the table.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I started mpq on steam but my laptop sucked, so the game ran so....sloooooooow.  Luckily they were able to move my account to mobile, though they said it was a one-time thing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    I tried to get that point for steam, but even after logging in, it doesn't work.
    I have enough hours on my account but it doesn't recognize it.
    Maybe it's broken on mobile, who knows.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Tony_Foot said:
    So if I do nothing I still get these rewards again?

Edit just read again, yep I get them anyway. Thanks in advance to everyone for creating multiple accounts to get me this stuff for free. You're all awesome.

Thanks! I think I am awesome too!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    dianetics said:

Yeah, they should have done something else. I'm not going to start a new account and suffer through the prologue for an hour just so I can get one freaking point on a survey.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Great feedback everyone (and awesome start with points in the challenge) and thanks for sharing!  Good to know about the Steam element as well...it's a very low total point earner so not meant to make much of a difference in the overall score.

An in-game challenge has come up a few times over here and something we may see in one of these in the future.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    What makes her transform into She Hulk? I assume anger and fear but I haven't watched the series and don't want to miss out on points!
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    You are correct 
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Request: Please stop using spoiler questions to earn entries. I’m a season binger, not a once-a-week-watcher.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Dammit, it looks like we are not going to reach the last tier.

We are 39 hours away from this challenge closing, and are short approximately 85 thousand points.

Hoping for a flood of late-comers for a miraculous finish.
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Does look unlikely…
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - 

We hope you enjoyed the community challenge and the arrival of She-Hulk in MPQ.  The challenge is now complete and even though we fell just short of Tier 7 rewards, we will be crediting ALL players the Tier 7 rewards before September 3.  We understood that some players had trouble with the Steam task and felt it's only fair to credit for the next tier up.

Thank you again for your participation and we hope to do this again in the future!  Have a great rest of your weekend!
    Yassss! Thank you for your generosity! 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed. Since the new team all is about generosity. Thanks.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many thanks!
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Thanks! I’m going to presume that the generosity is akin to a teacher turning an oft missed question into a bonus question instead, allowing many more students to make higher marks.