Making extra covers useful

I was thinking that instead of the piddly ISO we get, it would be more exciting if those extra covers could be used to increase the MAX HP of our heros.

You could tier it based on the star level of the cover.

level 1 = +20 MAX hp
level 2 = +50 MAX hp
level 3 = +100 MAX hp

Of course, you would have to cap the amount of max hp at some point. You don't want people running around with level 1 Iron Man's with 13k hps.

Comments

• Or how about an upgrade system? 3 covers of Black Widow (Modern) gives you a random color of Black Widow (Original) and 3 covers of Black Widow (Original) can give you a cover for Black Widow (Classic). Obviously the Black Widows have the clearest progression. Another way of approaching the spam of recruit tokens, is an option to upgrade say 5 tokens to a heroic token.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or how about an upgrade system? 3 covers of Black Widow (Modern) gives you a random color of Black Widow (Original) and 3 covers of Black Widow (Original) can give you a cover for Black Widow (Classic). Obviously the Black Widows have the clearest progression. Another way of approaching the spam of recruit tokens, is an option to upgrade say 5 tokens to a heroic token.

Hell, even being able to combine a few of them into another roll 1* token would be more useful than 100 iso
  • Spoit wrote:
    Or how about an upgrade system? 3 covers of Black Widow (Modern) gives you a random color of Black Widow (Original) and 3 covers of Black Widow (Original) can give you a cover for Black Widow (Classic). Obviously the Black Widows have the clearest progression. Another way of approaching the spam of recruit tokens, is an option to upgrade say 5 tokens to a heroic token.

Hell, even being able to combine a few of them into another roll 1* token would be more useful than 100 iso

You can. Five 1* characters can be sold for 500 ISO. 500 Iso is equal to 1* token.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    You can. Five 1* characters can be sold for 500 ISO. 500 Iso is equal to 1* token.

Yeah, but we're missing an overly complicated UI to accomplish the same thing!

I do think 2*, 3*, and 4* covers are seriously undervalued for selling. Particularly 2*.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:

Yeah, but we're missing an overly complicated UI to accomplish the same thing!

I do think 2*, 3*, and 4* covers are seriously undervalued for selling. Particularly 2*.

Yes, I would like some HP, even if it is only 10. If 5 1*'s equal a standard token, I think 15 2*'s should at least equal a heroic token.
  • Zathrus wrote:

^ this. I wince everytime i sell off a thor or storm 2* cover for a measly 125 iso. I'd really love for them to be allowed for 1 free level in addition to the option to train abilities but i'd settle for better rates to be a pseudo exchange. i'd say 25HP for a 2* means 5 covers = 1 heroic token or 20 covers = 2* train for HP.

would bump 3* to 60HP then so 5 covers = increased heroic pack, ~18 covers = 1 theme pack at 1100HP, or 21 covers = train for HP

1* for 100iso still works as a 5 covers = 1 standard token which seems ok.
  • Or what about 500 ISO towards that characters progression? Instead of selling the cover at all you can help boost it's overall level.
  • An extra cover should be like a free level up token.
  • An extra cover should be like a free level up token.

That would be nice, but the value would get too high I think. Maybe you can choose to absorb the cover into the current character for more ISO than selling it. At higher levels, it wouldn't level you up, but it would make getting a specific cover better after you have all the abilities.