Flyswatting - Spider-Man (Oscorp) Progression Reward Update

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited August 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey all,

Just wanted to say that we appreciate your reports and the conversation around the rewards in the last couple events surrounding Spider-Man (Oscorp)'s release. While we don't see any particular issues in the long run with the rewards via PVE this time around, the lack of progression reward in the Versus event was touched upon by quite a few users who use this mode of the game to get that Required Character cover to hit up the newest PVE Event. This time around, the rewards didn't really allow for that, instead rewarding Bishop. This had quite a few of you (understandably) annoyed that they couldn't continue to hit full progression through the current PVE Event.

While we can't restart both the Versus and PVE Events to rectify this, we can provide a bit of a balm in the way of a gift. We'll be giving out a Purple cover (what would have been the Versus Progression Reward) of Spider-Man (Oscorp) tomorrow (8/16) to all users, since there's no way for us to tell who would have gone for that cover via progression or not.

So, apologize for the slip up there, and please enjoy the gift!

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome. This is appreciated 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for the communication.
    Have the progression rewards been set for the event after Flyswatter? If not, could SpiderGoblin take that slot instead of two Bishop events in a row? Call it a swaperoo.
  • jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Awesome! That’s one way to “fix” it. 
  • capnthordo
    capnthordo Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes, thanks for listening to feedback and providing a solution that is fair to all. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *sarcasm mode on*
    But I wanted his blue cover instead!  When are you going to fix this problem?!?
    *sarcasm mode off*

Seriously, good job fixing the issue.  Getting a Bishop cover isn't a bad thing, but it was a bit of a surprise seeing him in the rewards.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shame that "placeholder" got fixed, too, that was one of the funniest bugs.
    Pink squiggly thing trying to blind us.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    *sarcasm mode on*
    *sarcasm mode off*

Seriously, good job fixing the issue.  Getting a Bishop cover isn't a bad thing, but it was a bit of a surprise seeing him in the rewards.
    I think we got the blue cover. At least I see a new one on my vine and I don’t know where else it would have come from. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *sarcasm mode on*
    *sarcasm mode off*

I think we got the blue cover. At least I see a new one on my vine and I don’t know where else it would have come from. 
    The progression cover for Webbed Wonder.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not just those who are doing PVP first for the required character who are affected - I definitely would have spent my shards differently if I had known the PVP didn't give the right shards.  C'est la vie, this is pretty good compensation overall.
    When is it coming?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you much!
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for this! 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a great way to fix an error.  Appreciate it!
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks so much for the fix! Really appreciate how communicative you guys have been since the transition. 
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks.

KGB