edited August 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Currently, these are the details of the offer (gotten from reddit):

Shreds and Threads
Chain 1: $15
1 Black Panther Costume, Black BP Cover, 1000 HP, 1 CP

Chain 2: $25
1 5-star yellow BP Cover, 250 BP 5* shards, 1 CT, 2000 HP, 3 CP

Chain 3:
$50, 1000 BP 5 * Shards, 2 LTs, 1 CT, 5000 HP, 3 CP.

Total: $90 USD, BP Costume, two Five-star BP covers, 1250 5-star BP shards, 2 CT, 2 LT, 8000 HP and 7 CP.

Note: Your alliance doesn't gain CP.

Original Offer for Black Panther Costume

Black Panther (Family Legacy) Special Offer
Cost: 74.99
1 Black Panther Costume
10,000 HP
Wakanda Special Store Token x 5
+5 CP for you and your alliance

Are you more likely to spend on Costume now that they lower it down to $15 instead of $75?

Comments

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chain 1 is £11.39 on Steam: not a bad deal, don't need a BP cover at the moment, so won't buy it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's more about the costume, rather than the cover. There are players who are not pleased with awesome-looking 5*costume being locked behind Whale Walls. $15 for 5* costume should tempt some to buy. I think many might be looking forward to similar chain offer featuring 5* Thor. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People have said they'd buy costumes for 5 bucks without having to buy bundles.
    This offer is not that.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I saw that comment before in the past. The good news is the bar to getting those cool costumes is getting lower. Even on the paywall side of things, the new dev is making many things cheaper. It's like they're preparing for something.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought this, but actually did it for the cover rather than the costume as I had 11 covers and already have the 4* feeder at level 360. I wouldn't buy a costume on its own, but I do think they should be available at a low price in a store for those who would spend on them.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    A lot of covers and hp not terrible I guess.

If I was interested in BP I might be swayed, but I could care less for the costume.
    You basically get 4.5 covers out of it which works out to 20 a cover.
    Similar to other 5* deals but a lot more resources.
    So if you were in the 8-9 cover range it may or may not be worth it to you. If you liked the character and wanted to champ him.

A single cover and costume for 15 isn’t too bad, if you like the character.
    Pushing past $10 for a cosmetic is a hard sell for me though, especially for a character I would never use.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People have said that they won’t pay any amount of money for a costume because it’s merely cosmetic and doesn’t affect gameplay. I’m more amazed at the reduced price of some 5* covers.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cosmetics in f2p games usually cost money, just kind of the way it works.

If there was a cool cosmetic for a character I use all the time or one my personal favorites I might buy in.  A Frankencastle for use on 3/4* Punisher might do it for me.

I was always turned off at the price of cosmetics here when they came out.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I plan on buying just the first leg of it.  I think it's a good enough deal monetarily, my 5* bp is 1/1/0 with his feeder at lvl 294.  I also purchased the 5* Superior Octopus costume and the stealth suit/armor for 3* Spider-Man and IM40 which we're also $14.99 each.  Superior came with 500 shards which is nice for flexibility.  The 3*s gave 2 covers for each power which were champ levels for continued farming. 

Point I'm slowly getting to is I'll buy if it's fairly priced and the resources help my progress.  Majority of my 5*s are two covers or less so it usually helps me.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I hate skins, but I ended it buying it anyway lol.