Spider-Man (Oscorp) New Character Blog (8/11/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

The newest Character Blog is now live featuring Spider-Man (Oscorp).  Be sure to check out the added Helpful Hints portion of the blog as you learn how Spidey works best with your roster.

VISIT HERE to read the blog.

We hope you enjoy Spider-Man (Oscorp)!  Thank you!

Comments

• Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I wasn't that interested in another spider man, but the character blog shows how much thought went into trying to make his powers feel unique and thematic with the character, which is something I appreciate. I'm if not excited, interested in trying him out :) 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 517 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now this sounds like a fun character to play. Thanks for the blog!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dunno how you work with someone who killed your first love :'(

And retroactively they had Norman have an affair/kids with Gwen... Eeeeew
  • Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options

Actually they retconned that recently to be a mysterio illusion.  It still was a stupid retcon
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    This character seems fun and helpful at the same time, 2 things which are not always coincidental.
    Thanks for the blog.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Actually they retconned that recently to be a mysterio illusion.  It still was a stupid retcon
    🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your creative process and adding graphics of his animations. Hopefully, there are sounds coming out from those Spider-Bots as well.

I think I'm going to be in love with this version of Spider-Man because it has web and trap tile mechanics, paired with awesome looking animations.

Even though there isn't any team recommendations, I see that he has been paired with Northstar and 3* Iron Fist. I wonder if this team is made to make him tank as much as possible while disabling as many opponents as possible by using Northstar's black to send both him and opponent airborne.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I am disappointed and disturbed by the current narrative direction of the Spidey comics, I will say that this MPQ version has a pretty cool tool kit that looks very fun. I am looking forward to rostering him and seeing what he can do. 

I appreciate the insight into the character design.  :)