5* Shard Decision

Options
primetime21
primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
So after I pull 2 more 5* covers I'll be able to claim 1000 5* shards.  I'm debating what to use them on.  Here's my situation:

I have every 5* champed except for Mr. Sinister (4/4/4 with 422 shards), KK (4/3/4 with 250 shards) and Mighty Thor (4/2/0 with 415 shards).  And of course Chasm, whom I don't have any covers but can't use shards towards him now anyway.  I don't have any 5* close to maxed out, my top 3 are Peter Parker Spidey (level 482), Dr. Strange (level 480), and Thanos (level 478)).

I could use them to champ Sinister, but I'd get an extra level out of him and I'm close to champing him anyway.  I could champ KK but she's in Latest so highly likely I will pull 2 of her while she's in there.  I could add some more to Mighty Thor but again I'm doing pretty well with her considering she just entered Latest.  Or I could use them to boost one of my top 5*s or add some levels to someone like Shang-Chi.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Throw them at Thor and make her 422 or wait and pump them into Chasm.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr Sinister has a feeder: Blob. 

Imagine this worst case scenario:

You accidentally claimed those 5* shards. Who would you want it to go to most?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That’s a tough call. You could also sit on them for awhile; never know when a clutch pair of covers will come in handy. 
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, not saying anyone should follow my example, but I actually the last time I got a big batch of 5* shards I put them into my worst covered 5*, Havok. My current goal is to champ all chars in the game and Havok was looking severely neglected at 5 covers… 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    itsuka7 said:
    Well, not saying anyone should follow my example, but I actually the last time I got a big batch of 5* shards I put them into my worst covered 5*, Havok. My current goal is to champ all chars in the game and Havok was looking severely neglected at 5 covers… 
    I'm also on the Champ-em-all train, but I've been trying to go from best to worst covered. Down to the final 5 "vintage" 5*s with two about to drop off the list in the next 2 months or so. Black Widow would be my lowest at 4/2/2, and since I'll have to start a second N4tasha to finish her, I might be tempted at this point to spend them on her, but since i've got another 384 5* covers to collect to hit that milestone, I think I'll have it sorted out before then.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Save them. You never know when you might get a bad run of luck pulling for a 5 you really want.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    itsuka7 said:
    Yeah I mean that's where I'm at too, but my worst covered 5*s are in Latest Legends (which I don't hoard tokens for) and I'm doing pretty well with them (just pulled one more KK since my original post).

The only older 5* I don't have champed is Sinister, and I feel I'm too close to have the shards to warrant using 1000.  I wish you could divide them up!

I could say, but not going to lie I'm worried about in advertently hitting that claim button since it shows up on my front screen!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    itsuka7 said:
    Yeah I mean that's where I'm at too, but my worst covered 5*s are in Latest Legends (which I don't hoard tokens for) and I'm doing pretty well with them (just pulled one more KK since my original post).

The only older 5* I don't have champed is Sinister, and I feel I'm too close to have the shards to warrant using 1000.  I wish you could divide them up!

I could say, but not going to lie I'm worried about in advertently hitting that claim button since it shows up on my front screen!
    Yeah, it would be a nice quality of life update if you could change the milestone that's featured on the main screen. Change it to something inconsequential like "Make a bajillion matches and get this iso" instead of "Be sure to not accidentally apply these 5* shards to your current favorited 5* lol." I'm still pretty far off from that being a problem for me again but when it was on my screen it was like avoiding a mine field. 

As for your shards I would save them in the off chance that one day you get a lopsided distribution on a character and two covers would help you out.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is EXACTLY why I saved all of my worthless milestones from the re-launch of the Campaign (Prologue) revamp a year or two ago unclaimed. They take precedence on my Main screen and when I accidentally click them (which I've done twice, so far) there are more Campaign milestones to fill in their place.
    It's my fat-finger insurance, and it has definitely paid off (since I'm hoarding over 6 covers' worth of 5* milestone shards at this point).