Did adding Chasm to the game break other characters abilities?

obikenobi12
obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
I'm not even matched up against Chasm and yet Big Wheel isn't earning speed points and it keeps resetting to 0 without doing any damage or rotating the board. I think since Chasm got added, the game broke Big Wheel period and I was wondering if anyone has noticed any other weird bugs going on right now when not matched up against Chasm? I did report this issue in the bugs forum, but I wanted to see if this is a bigger issue with other characters. I was looking forward to using Mighty Thor and Big Wheel together in the pve event this next few days.  

Comments

• primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Shang-Chi doesn't accumulate combo points when Chasm is there but he was in other match-ups
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    This character is still a great new idea once the bugs are fixed . I’m disappointed I’ll miss getting to play him . Hopefully they design passive killers that go beyond opening powers in the future .
    ( Even though some players will obviously want devs fired for doing so). A future power like “ If player has (number) color X, all passives are blocked, at end of turn subtract 1 color X” like Blade4.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    This character is still a great new idea once the bugs are fixed . I’m disappointed I’ll miss getting to play him . Hopefully they design passive killers that go beyond opening powers in the future .
    ( Even though some players will obviously want devs fired for doing so). A future power like “ If player has (number) color X, all passives are blocked, at end of turn subtract 1 color X” like Blade4.
    I read earlier that you are done for school soon. As someone who had retired more times than years the game has been around, I wish you good luck in your future endeavors. Are your done indefinitely or for good? 

Thanks for making some great posts and interesting reads; Cheers
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Glockoma said:
    I read earlier that you are done for school soon. As someone who had retired more times than years the game has been around, I wish you good luck in your future endeavors. Are your done indefinitely or for good? 

Most likely I’ll never have time for video games again . Thankfully I have no children . I just added up what I paid MPQ over almost 4 years, $960 over 1315 days , best fun I’ve had for 75 cents a day . Is it legal to sell my roster ? A beginning player could literally save 3 years worth of playing time to play in the top 2%. What’s that worth ?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Glockoma said:

Most likely I’ll never have time for video games again . Thankfully I have no children . I just added up what I paid MPQ over almost 4 years, $960 over 1315 days , best fun I’ve had for 75 cents a day . Is it legal to sell my roster ? A beginning player could literally save 3 years worth of playing time to play in the top 2%. What’s that worth ?

Nope, not legal to sell the roster. Check the terms and conditions.

Best of luck with your MBA and hopefully you find some time to still dabble in MPQ.

KGB
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Most likely I’ll never have time for video games again . 
    you'll... never go the bathroom again?

Unless you've decided to live on the moon i think you should be able to make some time.

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Omegased said:

Unless you've decided to live on the moon i think you should be able to make some time.

Sorry, I’ve never even taken my phone into our bathroom. Maybe you spend a lot more time in there than I do but the less than 1 hour a day I’m in there I connect it to my charger in the bedroom. ( I do remember old people telling me they used to read newspapers or magazines in the bathroom, I never understood that though) I’m not in there to multi-task.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:

Sorry, I’ve never even taken my phone into our bathroom. Maybe you spend a lot more time in there than I do but the less than 1 hour a day I’m in there I connect it to my charger in the bedroom. ( I do remember old people telling me they used to read newspapers or magazines in the bathroom, I never understood that though) I’m not in there to multi-task.
    Where can I bet you'll still find time to keep spreading your special version of kindness in this forum going forward.

Should be an off shore sports book that takes all kind of crazy bets. Free money is always good!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:

Where can I bet you'll still find time to keep spreading your special version of kindness in this forum going forward.

Should be an off shore sports book that takes all kind of crazy bets. Free money is always good!
    You'll find no one to bet against you, though.
  • obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I tested Big Wheel this morning and it looks like he's been fixed in matchups not against Chasm. Not sure if there is still a bug for when he is facing Chasm, but at least he works now in PVE. Thanks dev for getting this fixed! Big Wheel was literally useless without having speed points. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Omegased said:

Between marriage, school, work , church and the gym/ yoga my next day with any free time is December 2. Look for me then unless I get more to do. 
  • scottishhaig
    scottishhaig Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Omegased said:

Speaking on behalf of old(er) people, it's not a matter of multi-tasking, but having something more to occupy your time as it can take us longer to complete bathroom tasks due to an aging system.  Plus there's less demand for our time and we're sitting down (a lot) so might as well enjoy more than one activity.  ;)
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    That’s a scary future ( which I haven’t observed in an older husband ) but I play more MPQ time in one day now than I spend in the bathroom in an entire week . Granted I’m a slow casual player but I watch other players join and start and they play in a lot less time so I presumed the older you are and have been playing longer, the shorter time you need for play and therefore multi-tasking . I’ll never know since I’m down to two weeks left to play .