Entrance Fee: 320 Mana Crystals

Deck Restrictions: Jumpstart (Legacy)

Rewards: Progression

Number of nodes: 5 nodes, one for each of the allowed Planeswalkers;

It is only allowed to join one node.

Initial Charges: 5 | Max Charges: 10

Recharge Time: 6h

Event Duration: 46h

How many matches can you win with a deck made half by a Planeswalker’s themed cards, half another theme? Choose your packs and enter this challenge!

SPECIAL RULES

Choose a Planeswalker, grab one of the Booster Pack options at your disposal and get ready for this chaotic grand melee!

Each node features a different Planeswalker. Once you choose a node, you'll receive a Booster Pack with 5 cards related to the chosen Planeswalker. Then, you'll be able to choose a Jumpstart Theme Booster Pack between 3 random options. You'll receive those cards, and your Jumpstart deck will be complete. The deck is locked and you can't edit it. After building your deck, you'll battle players from any node. At the end of the event, if you fought at least once, you'll get the Booster Packs you selected. If you already own all the cards of a Booster Pack, you will receive another randomly selected Jumpstart Theme Booster Pack instead. Remember to open your Booster Packs to add the cards to your collection.

NODES

• Basri Ket - (top node)

• Teferi, Master of Time - (Upper right node)

• Liliana, Waker of the Dead - (Lower right node) 

• Chandra, Heart of Fire - (Lower left node)

• Garruk, Unleashed (Upper left node)

PACKS 

White packs:

• Basri;

• Unicorns;

• Angels;

• Dogs;

Blue packs:

• Teferi;

• Milling;

• Pirates;

• Spirits;

Black packs:

• Liliana;

• Phyrexian;

• Rogues;

• Witchcraft;

Red packs:

• Chandra;

• Seismic;

• Dragons;

• Lightning;

Green packs:

• Garruk;

• Walls;

• Cats;

• Elves;

OBJECTIVES

Objectives vary depending on the chosen Node and Pack: The first objective is related to the node and the second objective is related to the Pack. No node has special support.

REWARDS

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are those booster pack rewards non-dupes?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    @Oktagon_Support First of all this event looks really cool. It seems like the PQ version of Draft or cube. I just have one question. Are the Basic Booster (Standard) rewards from 20, 50 and 80 ribbons guaranteed non dupe packs?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys, the packs you will choose at the event will be non-dupe, but the progression reward packs (from 20, 50, and 80 ribbons) will be duplicable.
  • jtwood
    Hello guys, the packs you will choose at the event will be non-dupe, but the progression reward packs (from 20, 50, and 80 ribbons) will be duplicable.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I've never been more excited for an event. I love sealed
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Tezzeret said:

I would be if it wasn't for the 320 crystal entry price. 100 would be acceptable for me to play once in a while,  but 320... there are too many crystal sinks already in this game
  • Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    320 entry is way too steep. I love sealed, but this would have to come way down for me to look at it and only 35 mana crystals back is also rough.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    But we don’t know what cards are in the booster packs, do we?

If you get a masterpiece, then 320 is not expensive (depending upon which of course). 
    If you get a mythic, then it is on par with other event (just as long as it is not full-art).
    if you get a rare or lower, then I’ll pass (maybe)
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Do you have to own these Planewalkers to use them in the event?
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Tremayne said:
    But we don’t know what cards are in the booster packs, do we?

If you get a masterpiece, then 320 is not expensive (depending upon which of course). 
    If you get a mythic, then it is on par with other event (just as long as it is not full-art).
    if you get a rare or lower, then I’ll pass (maybe)

We're talking about a virtual game: they can make as many mythics or masterpieces as they want.
    Healing salve? Mythic!
    Thunderstaff? Masterpiece!
    The only reason mythic + are worth more is because they are harder to get. When we're talking about "exclusive" content, it doesn't matter at all, except that we prefer shiny orange to grey or white because it's supposedly harder to get (see above 😁)

• jtwood
    @Oktagon_Support Questions from this thread:
    1. Do we need to own the PWs to use them on the nodes?
    2. When will we get to see the non-dupe jumpstart/themed pack contents?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    When we're talking about "exclusive" content, it doesn't matter at all, except that we prefer shiny orange to grey or white because it's supposedly harder to get (see above 😁)

I don't think that there will be any exclusive content tied to this event. There is no Facebook gallery or any other hint in the 5.8.0 Pre-Release Notes indicating that new cards will be added with the event. It seems like just an additional event.

The way I see it they will add cards from all the sets we have available (only reason to make it a Legacy event) that meet the theme to each pack. It seems like an opportunity for players that want X card from Y theme to get it.

Lets say you want a specific Pirate from Ixalan, well it probably is included on the blue Jumpstart booster with the Pirate theme and since the booster you chose at the beginning of the event to create your deck is guaranteed non dupe then you have a chance of getting that Pirate from Ixalan you want
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys,
    You don't need to have these planeswalkers to play the event, they will be available at the event, all at level 60. 😊
    And the team will not make Card Gallery available this time, so you will only be able to access the cards after the release. The only information I have about the theme packs is that they will be Standard and non-duplicated.
    Rebeca. 
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Hello guys,
    You don't need to have these planeswalkers to play the event, they will be available at the event, all at level 60. 😊
    And the team will not make Card Gallery available this time, so you will only be able to access the cards after the release. The only information I have about the theme packs is that they will be Standard and non-duplicated.
    Rebeca. 
    Hi Rebeca on the question of Standard - are the cards Standard forever like PMA, or will they rotate eventually? This really matters to how chase worthy the cards are. Thanks!
  • fishiwan
    fishiwan Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2022
    The mythic cards exclusive to Jumpstart are: Sheoldred, Whispering One (Phyrexian), Bruvac the Grandiloquent (Milling), and Emiel the Blessed (Unicorns).

The packs will include non-JumpStart cards as there are only 35 new cards added, and they are not evenly spread. There are 3 White, 4 Blue, 6 Black, 7 Red, 6 Green, and 9 Colourless. The planewalkers halves of each deck will likely include the appropriate Thriving land.

Phyrexian gets three cards that will likely be useful as more Phyrexians arrive in the coming year, and the Mill deck has Bruvac who looks powerful to me. Walls and Pirates get some interesting cards too. Unicorns doesn't seem worth it for the mythic, but hey, there's a mythic.

I think it looks like a fun event to have a go at. Definitely look at the cards in-game now it's updated and see if there are any cards you really want, as I think they're all clearly themed to their booster so it should be easy to pinpoint the packs to prioritise before going in.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    I left a comment on the general forum which elaborate but my recommendation is don’t spend gold on this event.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Tezzeret said:
    This post didn't age well
  • MetaBunny
    MetaBunny Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    The only information I have about the theme packs is that they will be Standard and non-duplicated.
    This seems to have been wrong on one count (Standard) and misleading on the other (non-duplicated). Other than the JMP cards, all the other cards in the theme packs are Legacy, and one pack, Spirits, doesn't even have a JMP card, so it's definitely not Standard. And they are non-duplicated in the sense that you won't get the same card twice, but if you already have that card, it'll be a dupe.
  • Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2022
    The Jumpstart event is almost complete, on the wiki
    https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Jumpstart
    All the cards from all the packs are there, the progression rewards.. everything but the Objectives.
    We need your help to fill in the Objectives
    Just whatever you remember: what Objectives did you get, what Planeswalker you were playing, and what Theme did you pick?

So far, we have: 
    Teferi - Pacifist: Kill 3 or less enemy creatures during a single fight.
    Garruk - Anti-Magic:  Cast 3 or less spells during a single fight

Angels - Healer: Gain 15 or more life during a single fight.
    Seismic - Enraged: Deal 12 or more total damage to creatures during a single fight.

First, the obvious: Pacifist + Enraged looks problematic. <Edit: I ain't seen nothin yet, apparently. Pacifist + Destroyer requires exactly three kills>
    Second, I see a lot of people choosing Garruk, and eight of the fifteen Theme packs have three spells in them. Keep an eye on that.
  • Anarchangel
    Anarchangel Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2022
    Wiki updated : 
    Basri - Commander 4 
    Teferi - Pacifist 3
    Liliana - Necromancer 2 summon Zombies
    Chandra - Hunter 8
    Garruk - Anti-Magic 3

Angels - Healer 15
    Milling - Millstone 30 
    Spirits - Spell Caster 3