Too many 5* PvPs

Options
dianetics
dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
5* pvps are coming too frequently now. We ended last season with 2 5*s in a row. Which is not helpful for people with lower roster levels.

I think 1-2 5* PvP events per month is pushing it.

Possibly more 4*s, but you cannot drop all 3* pvps and jump all the way to regular 5*.

not everyone has a complete roster and I think this will lower engagement long term for the people who do not have the required characters champed.

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dianetics said:
    5* pvps are coming too frequently now. We ended last season with 2 5*s in a row. Which is not helpful for people with lower roster levels.

I think 1-2 5* PvP events per month is pushing it.

Possibly more 4*s, but you cannot drop all 3* pvps and jump all the way to regular 5*.

not everyone has a complete roster and I think this will lower engagement long term for the people who do not have the required characters champed.
    Seems like a great time to try out the 5* loaners while using your own roster.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* loaners help to tank damage for lower tier players. It helps them to save healthpacks.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5* loaners help to tank damage for lower tier players. It helps them to save healthpacks.

Exactly. I loved it when my America Chavez/Gamora team had a meat-shield to hide behind.

Maybe we should lobby for 1* and 2* PvP matches. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe we should lobby for 1* and 2* PvP matches. 

Thanos approves this suggestion :D

KGB
  • Milmanias
    Milmanias Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love the variety. The same 3*s pvp’s was getting old.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like 5* PvP much more than 3* Pvp. We will be getting new 3* PvP from September so things should balance out but until then bring it on!
  • Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have enjoyed the 5* events a lot more than the usual 3*. Even at low covers, they seem to have more impact on the match compared to a maxed 3*. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It does benefit the smarter player since all his fives are champed or well covered but they would have to use a loaner on a three. I imagine it’s harder on newer players but it probably depends on MMR rankings . I’d prefer 5s only but that’s incredibly selfish to the player base , a 345 rotation seems equitable 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think we should have more Balance of Powers: fairness to all.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do like the novelty ruleset PVPs here and there. The ones that aren't super fun to me are the pick-3 ones with odd or no boost lists that are basically just a second round of simulator.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a related note playing the Kraven PvP has meant that bloody song is stuck in my head now and I really need it to stop!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    5* PvP is great for new players.  You just pick a team that can hide behind the 5* and use 0 healthpacks.  The worst PvP events for new players are 3* events since in those you either have to use a completely useless loaner or have to use an extra health pack every fight.  Since MMR matches you with similar rosters until you break that point level you are also just fighting other teams with a 5* loaner and 2 other characters similar to yours.  My alt account loves 5* events for exactly that reason.  Hide 3*Strange/3*IF and whittle down everything without having to use a single healthpack unless there is a massive cascade.  

Now 5* PvPs are a grind for 4* and 5* players because the health of that loaner is much, much bigger than a 3* or 4* but for newer players it is the best possible situation.  
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* loaners also allow a newbie to try out the I power set to see if they like the character and want to work towards them.