Mighty Thor has arrived in LL's

2»

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kept pulling while whaling and got Gargantos to lvl 470. I’m gonna stop now. That’s a bit higher than I wanted him to be. Got FosThor to 2/6/3 and KK to 6/3/4 now. 
  • mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Pulled 51 LL s got three covers each of Thor Garg and kamala good distribution got them all to ten covers from seven previously happy with pull rate 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 230 pulls and champed all 3.  

I am really liking Dr Thor.  She pairs really nicely with Storm and Cyclops or with Adam Warlock or Colossus.  I really thought 3 in blue would be my choice, but now I am in the 5,5 3 camp.  When getting blue really ramped up in can cause a bunch of cascades feeding more blue and red.  There have been a couple of winfinate moments.  If you add in Okoye this could be deadly even when not buffed.  

I also really like her with SC, Onslaught.  This is when her yellow comes in handy to create more board shake when the board is dry of red and purple
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:

I am really liking Dr Thor.  She pairs really nicely with Storm and Cyclops or with Adam Warlock or Colossus.  I really thought 3 in blue would be my choice, but now I am in the 5,5 3 camp.  When getting blue really ramped up in can cause a bunch of cascades feeding more blue and red.  There have been a couple of winfinate moments.  If you add in Okoye this could be deadly even when not buffed.  

I also really like her with SC, Onslaught.  This is when her yellow comes in handy to create more board shake when the board is dry of red and purple
    Do you mean that you are using the blue active to flood the board with more charged tiles (which then leads to more tile destruction)? The passive component doesn't seem like it will produce much extra shake from 3-->5.
    How is the damage from red?  After using her 1/1/1 I was thinking that 3/5/5 might be superior (I had been in favor 5/3/5 on paper) since many of her better partners have an effective red outlet already, but a blue-->yellow nuke might have some novelty.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Red damage starts good/very good and becomes elite as the match goes on
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Should I pull for her?? I have 70 LT tokens and about 3000 CP (2982 to be precise but I can easily make them 3000).
    I really like her but I am barely in 4 star land... Heck, I have only 3 champed 4* - Howard (mainly because his event is so often xD), Polaris (270 lvl) and 4Thor (also at 270).
    And if I get her she will SURELY break PVP for me.
    But.. if I "let" her go and she enters Classics it will be an even longer wait till I can maximize her. xD

And people are always saying to go after Latest, etc.... To quote someone from here (sorry that I didn't see your username) - "you will be always chasing a cover." xD
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    EienRyuu said:
    Should I pull for her?? I have 70 LT tokens and about 3000 CP (2982 to be precise but I can easily make them 3000).
    I really like her but I am barely in 4 star land... Heck, I have only 3 champed 4* - Howard (mainly because his event is so often xD), Polaris (270 lvl) and 4Thor (also at 270).
    But.. if I "let" her go and she enters Classics it will be an even longer wait till I can maximize her. xD

And people are always saying to go after Latest, etc.... To quote someone from here (sorry that I didn't see your username) - "you will be always chasing a cover." xD
    Wait for chasm to enter, then pull.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ditto above. You could even wait for the 5* after Chasm to see if it's better than KK.
  • JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    EienRyuu said:

I'm probably at a similar level to yourself in that I'm barely in to 4 star land but I feel like she's one of the 5*s worth having in your roster. 

I don't intend to be levelling her up too high due to PVP but I'm finding her a lot of fun to play with (only 3 covers atm). 

With KK and Gargantos it feels like a good trio to pull. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I have her at 9 covers only and her damage is insane . I’ll miss getting to use this character in the future . KK is also a new meta in my opinion. All 3 of the current play very well with others . I’m beginning to think we’ve entered a new era where instead of 2 metas a year we get players’ wishes where every new release is better and worth getting to remain competitive. No more Wasps
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:

Do you mean that you are using the blue active to flood the board with more charged tiles (which then leads to more tile destruction)? The passive component doesn't seem like it will produce much extra shake from 3-->5.
    How is the damage from red?  After using her 1/1/1 I was thinking that 3/5/5 might be superior (I had been in favor 5/3/5 on paper) since many of her better partners have an effective red outlet already, but a blue-->yellow nuke might have some novelty.
    Yea I find flossing my he board with charge tiles is a much better approach than waiting on the yellow nuke.  Her red does really good damage.  I have learned of you are using her it is almost always worth using her red power.  The extra charge tiles on the board and board shake is worth it.

in PVE Mighty Thor KK, Polaris is awesome.  She also goes well with SC and Onslaught.  She is a character that just fits with everyone.  Mostly she is just fun to use
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Bowgentle said:
    Wait for chasm to enter, then pull.
    Oh yeahhhh...... You are quite right Bow, thank you.
    FosTor, KK AND Chasm - now that's a trio I can get behind. Plus everyone is talking now how Chasm "breaks" everything... xD

dianetics said:
    Yes pull for her. You don’t have to level her up. So you won’t kill your mmr if you don’t pump iso into her.
    She is the best PvE and PvP 5* in quite some time. Added bonus both Kamala Khan and Gargantos are there now and they are both very good.
    You could wait for Gargantos to drop out and go for Chasm. Depending on what you want it may be better to wait a month.
    Folks here enlighted me for another idea I didn't thought about - to wait for Chasm. xD That would be a better trio to pull for. At the same time I will have more LT tokens in future so it will be more of a chance to get a cover. And thank you, I keep forgetting that you don't have to put the Iso in. Since I am so used when I get an option for level, I just level. xD
    Ditto above. You could even wait for the 5* after Chasm to see if it's better than KK.
    Thank you Hound. I think I will do EXACTLY that. To wait for Chasm.
    I'm probably at a similar level to yourself in that I'm barely in to 4 star land but I feel like she's one of the 5*s worth having in your roster. 

I don't intend to be levelling her up too high due to PVP but I'm finding her a lot of fun to play with (only 3 covers atm). 

With KK and Gargantos it feels like a good trio to pull. 
    Thank you fellow 4* lander... xD Though do know that you can get the powers and level them up, just DON'T put Iso in the character. And I intend to wait for Chasm. At least I will have more LT tokens by then to pull for. xD
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Do we know when Chasm will enter LL?
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know when Chasm will enter LL?
    Start of the upcoming season.  So Thursday for sure, sometimes Wednesday though from past data pushes.