Tier 1 ($24.99)
3000 HP / 1 CP / 3 LT

Tier 2 ($34.99)
5500 HP / 3 CP / 6 LT

Tier 3 ($54.99)
9000 HP / 7 CP / 12 LT

Total cost: $115
Total contents: 17, 500 HP / 11 CP / 21 LT
If you are in a buy club, you get 220 CP instead.

Current Offer: Commanding Presence
Tier 1 ($19.99)
3 CT / 10 CP / 2 LT / 25k ISO-8

Tier 2 ($49.99)
4 CT / 15 CP / 6 LT / 50k ISO-8 / 500 5* favourite shards

Tier 3 ($74.99)
5 CT / 15 CP / 8 LT / 100k ISO-8 / 1000 5* favourite shards

Total cost: $145
Total contents: 12 CT / 40 CP / 16 LT / 175k ISO-8 / 1500 5* shards
800 CP if you are in a buy club.

Total CP and its equivalents = 800 + (12*20) + (16*25) = 1440 cps in a buy club.

It looks like a great deal for those want to boost their resources. My earn rates for LT and its equivalent is about 3.2 per day or 80 CP per day. That's approximately 18 play days. For those with ~50 CP and its equivalent earn rate, it's almost a month of play.

On top of that, you get 1500 5* favourite shards which is equivalent to 500 pulls of LT or CT. For players with 50 cp earn rate, it will take you 250 days to earn 1500 5* favourite shards via pulling 25 CP tokens or 200 days for those pulling only classic tokens. It takes me about 156 days to pull 1500 5* shards. (Calculation doesn't include bonus 50/500 5* shards).

Source: reddit

Your thoughts?

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My alliance jumped on this, we became a one day buy club . Each bought at least one , I got over 250 extra CP today as did the rest . (Plus the initial purchase)
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    It's great to help champ older 5*s.  If I buy them all I'll only be short on Killmonger who is in the upcoming vault.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Bad pricing outside a buy club. $145 to get 3x 5* covers or choice and ~500cp worth of pulls is a bad deal:  it only looks palatable because this game has heavy resource gating. That is less than 1/3 of a single 5*, ~3 more random covers,  and barely enough iso to champ 1x 3*.
    800 cp from a buy club is a little more palatable,  but it's still less than 5x rng 5* covers.
    I love this game and have played pretty consistently for 8 years. I also support game dev unionization and want to see the people who make this game rewarded for their skill and labour. these prices seem high to me. I hope they are actuality going to the workers and not just padding out bandai-namco's quarterly profits. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just curious, what's the bare minimum amount of resources you think is worth it for $145 worth of MPQ purchase?

Out of these $145, Apple and Google take a 15-30% cut, followed by Marvel/Disney taking another cut.  And I don't think Bandai Namco is with them anymore. It's more like 505.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Just curious, what's the bare minimum amount of resources you think is worth it for $145 worth of MPQ purchase?

Out of these $145, Apple and Google take a 15-30% cut, followed by Marvel/Disney taking another cut.  And I don't think Bandai Namco is with them anymore. It's more like 505.
    It’s a better deal than $75 for a costume 
  • Vhailorx
    Options

I dunno, but I would like to think that for more than 2x the cost of a retail AAA game you could get enough resources to actually accomplish at least 1 single, end-game thing. This game has about 6-dozen 5*s (and more each month). It would be an extremely favorable outcome for the resources from this pack to turn in to about 67% of a single, very strong 5* character (and not even enough iso to soft cap level that 5* to level 400, let alone champ them) + a couple dozen random 4* covers.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In my opinion if they had a 5 star choose your own adventure pack, that actually did some good at like $100 (which might be too expensive) , I think you might see some traction. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    In my opinion if they had a 5 star choose your own adventure pack, that actually did some good at like $100 (which might be too expensive) , I think you might see some traction. 
    Or a concurrent Premium PvE where you paid to join and play but the rewards were better ( such as $25 for a 500 5* shards via progression ). 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

I dunno, but I would like to think that for more than 2x the cost of a retail AAA game you could get enough resources to actually accomplish at least 1 single, end-game thing. This game has about 6-dozen 5*s (and more each month). It would be an extremely favorable outcome for the resources from this pack to turn in to about 67% of a single, very strong 5* character (and not even enough iso to soft cap level that 5* to level 400, let alone champ them) + a couple dozen random 4* covers.
    Not disagreeing with what you wrote, but there is another way to look at this offer in game resource terms.

If you are a newer player who is short say 3 covers from covering a meta character like Okoye/SC, it may well be worth spending $145 to shortcut months of time it will take to shard her/him via opening LT's (you'd need to open 300ish LTs baring bonus luck). Having them champed may indeed open up some end game stuff immediately.

As for the $145 price tag, how you view that depends entirely on each individuals circumstances. If your a student or someone making minimum wage struggling to support yourself it's a ton of money. But if your single and making a good living (80K+) it's probably the equivalent of a good night out at the bar, the cost of a dinner date or attending a live sporting event (when I was younger and single I've definitely spent that and more on a night out/date/sporting event) and thus not really that expensive a purchase.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    @Vhailorx 67% is about 10 covers. They actually have similar offers for 5*:

The content has:
    12k iso-8
    5 cp
    1050 specific 5* shards
    It costs about $32. 
    If they offer it 5 times, that's 5250 specific 5* shards and 25 cps for $160. 

AAA games have about 30-50 hours of playable contents. Tht's about 15-50 days of MPQ. But surely you won't play them for the next 1 year or more just maximise your dollars? Once I finish playing one, I move on to the next game and my $60 is spent just like that. I'll probably take them out and play them again once per year or so.

@SuperCarrot could you quantify or give examples of choose your own 5* adventure pack? I can't visualise how it would look like.

@TheEyeDoctorsWife there are players who don't mind paying for extra rewards in pves but $25 for one pve might be too much for them. $25 for one month would make all other offers useless. That's like 1750 shards of 7 different 5* for progressions, with half of them being the latest 5* shards.

• SuperCarrot
    Options
    @HoundofShadow I am thinking like the choose your own adventure offers that now exist with 4 and 3 stars. So maybe 3 covers, some HP, maybe some 4 star covers. Same thing that exists with the Choose Your Own Adventure offers now, but just ramped up.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My alliance became a buy club too. 10 alliance cps is really tasty and after 3 members bought it everyone was like "wohoo! Cp rain! Keep it going!". I earned exactly 145 cps.
    It was like a party. It's another generous offer on new devs and I hope they got a lot of support to continue flying high.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I get it now. It's the one with :

6000 HP
    5 CP
    1200 4* favourite shards
    900 3* favourite shards 
    15 Mighty Token

This costs around $36.

I think 1500 5* with 1200 4* shards will easily cost you more than $100, which won't be much different from this Commanding Presence bundle. I would say this Commanding Presence bundle would be better than choose your own adventure pack if you are in a buy club:

800 CPs + 16 LT + 12 Classic is a lot. 800 CPs is 32 LT pulls or 40 Classic Pulls. Total number of pulls in this bundle is 60 or 68 pulls. 68* 15 = 1020 4* favourite shards, which is about 2.5 covers or 900 4* shards which is about 2.25 4* covers. It's just come without HP. These extra 60 or 68 pulls will net you another 6 to 10 5* covers, or an extra 1 cover if your luck is terrible.
  • SuperCarrot
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yes, if you are in a buy club I agree. I was just pondering the ability to buy the shards in a singular situation. The full cost I think for the offer which created the thread is around 145. So it isn’t exactly the same thing as this offer. I am postulating 100 dollars should give you latitude in the offer. It is just fun thoughts on how they can monetize. 
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I personally prefer a shard bank to save my earned shards , instead of being forced to use it on one character.  If this could have been individualized,  I could have champed 3 different 5* , stuck at 4/4/4.  Instead I was forced into one only.   We need to be able to save it aside and use it as we choose.  A solid replacement for bonus hero's and bonus shards (which never shows up for me) 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought into it. Not sure if the value is there but the 1500 shards was the tipping point for me.

Champed out okoye finally and I’m sure my alliance appreciated all the extra cp.

I really wish that this had HP and not iso though.

It’s unlikely I would buy into this again.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Vhailorx 67% is about 10 covers. They actually have similar offers for 5*:

The content has:
    12k iso-8
    5 cp
    1050 specific 5* shards
    It costs about $32. 
    If they offer it 5 times, that's 5250 specific 5* shards and 25 cps for $160. 

AAA games have about 30-50 hours of playable contents. Tht's about 15-50 days of MPQ. But surely you won't play them for the next 1 year or more just maximise your dollars? Once I finish playing one, I move on to the next game and my $60 is spent just like that. I'll probably take them out and play them again once per year or so.

<snip>

Some AAA games have substantially more than 50 hours of gameplay (before even considering DLCs). And even live games like Destiny 2 offer one year of content for $80-100 before cosmetic microtransactions.  That's hundreds or thousands of hours of gametime. 
    (also, I know that 67% of a 5* is ~10 covers.  What I meant was that an extremely favorable outcome for the chain of command purchase would be 9 or 10 covers for your target 5*, 3x covers from shards, and then 6 or 7 more from lucky LT pulls. that is a plausible but very unlikely "best case scenario" for this purchase, and it doesn't feel like enough to me.  ymmv of course.)

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It can't be compared. 
    Many AAA games are released for expensive consoles or really advanced PCs. The player needs to buy those expensive hardwares first, then the expensive softwares.
    Gacha games (always remember that) are for mobile phones, initially, they are APPs which don't weight too many gigas, usually it's more focused on the mental sport rather than visuals, and continuosly developing new content or competing against other players. 
    But of course, it's free to play to hook up the player, and of course, devs need to eat and gacha or looting boxes monetise the game. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They are both video games and they both charge money for goods and services so yes, mobile games can be compared to other games. If $60 is going to go towards a video game, we can absolutely compare the time and enjoyment that it will buy from a mobile vs a AAA game.

This comparison is especially apt since the free to play market is the most profitable section of the gaming market. This is because of the predatory systems that try to convince you that the micro transactions are worth it. With the rise in micro transactions across all gaming due to profitability, now is the most important time for players to evaluate whether their money is well spent or whether they are being exploited. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a legit stupid argument.
    most AAA stuff is trying to bleed money so bad, look at fifa or madden.
    they release for every console and recently pc’s.
    Basically all annual release sports games run a shady gambling operation. Even counter strike bought into the gambling operation.

I stopped buying into pc gaming in 2019 because they were forward facing to mobile monitzation.