If PvE events had one “day off”, which day of rest would you choose?

Options
CharlieLima
CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler

If PvE events had one “day off”, which day of rest would you choose? 28 votes

Sunday
25%
Kolencejustsingfurbear00000helix72skittledaddyTimemachinegoTheEyeDoctorsWife 7 votes
Monday
21%
HobbitLoreChipster22statnutKGBCarnifexDok12 6 votes
Tuesday
7%
jsmjsmjsm00itsuka7 2 votes
Wednesday
3%
Alfje17 1 vote
Thursday
7%
kk3thessWeirdnerd2009 2 votes
Friday
3%
Iridious 1 vote
Saturday
32%
PhumadeWarbringaikulAres76MegaBeeRickyc9884SuperCarrotStanleyBurrellBradUF 9 votes

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Noday.

I'd be off from PvE on Noday of the week.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Sunday
    This set up was awesome. I loved a day off without missing any progress or reward . I won’t be around by the next alliance event but it was a great idea and I hope the devs realize it. All my alliance enjoyed it.
      You could run all 3 day PvEs, two per week, one day off. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But they did miss a day of rewards.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Noday.

I'd be off from PvE on Noday of the week.
    I second this.  I actually wouldn't mind if they ran PVE during a Boss Event.  I would prefer no day off.
  • toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I think what this day-off highlighted was how little actual content there is in the game without the scheduled events that need to be pushed out to the players. Having reached full progression in the boss event, PVP slice had ended, simulator was done, puzzle gauntlet was done, there was just nothing much to do...  I'd be surprised if any mobile game would want to be in the position where the majority of their player-base did not log in because there was nothing to offer them.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taking a break once in a while is good in the long term because it allows your mind and body to recharge so that it can keep moving ahead. I've taken about 7 days of break from MPQ in the last three months and I've probably taken a total of 3 months or more of breaks since I started playing MPQ. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think what this day-off highlighted was how little actual content there is in the game without the scheduled events that need to be pushed out to the players. Having reached full progression in the boss event, PVP slice had ended, simulator was done, puzzle gauntlet was done, there was just nothing much to do...  I'd be surprised if any mobile game would want to be in the position where the majority of their player-base did not log in because there was nothing to offer them.
    Exactly. It's why I'd like to see them add more modes/content to the game to give people more things to do. If someone doesn't want to play pvp or maybe they're shielded and they won't start their grind on the current pve sub for a few hours then they could screw around in a training mode or they could go play the latest chapter in the Campaign. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Sunday
    Taking a break once in a while is good in the long term because it allows your mind and body to recharge so that it can keep moving ahead. I've taken about 7 days of break from MPQ in the last three months and I've probably taken a total of 3 months or more of breaks since I started playing MPQ. 
    A lot of these responses remind me of the people who are furious that one of our stores here closes on Christmas and is only open 364 days a year . Even if they only did it end of season like this event that’s one day off of PvE every 28 days . PvP was available, gauntlet was running , the DDQ didn’t stop. The irony is that people who want to play for speed and ignore PvE for 23 hours of the day every day are whining there was nothing to do. Every 48 hour node practically gives me a full day off anyway, I get more time off in Deadpool vs MPQ than I did 2 days ago.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m with the no day off crew.
    Give us something extra during boss events. As it is now my alliance gets 1-2 days off after the boss events.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    A lot of these responses remind me of the people who are furious that one of our stores here closes on Christmas and is only open 364 days a year . Even if they only did it end of season like this event that’s one day off of PvE every 28 days . PvP was available, gauntlet was running , the DDQ didn’t stop. The irony is that people who want to play for speed and ignore PvE for 23 hours of the day every day are whining there was nothing to do. Every 48 hour node practically gives me a full day off anyway, I get more time off in Deadpool vs MPQ than I did 2 days ago.
    Instead of a store, a closer analogy might be when I was an hourly employee and missed out on 16 hours of pay during Thanksgiving week (the offices were closed Thursday and Friday, and only salaried employees received paid time off). Both of our analogies break down when you consider that MPQ is a virtual game (as in its existence is purely non-physical), and there aren't strong reasons for why content would have days off. I dislike 2-day subs because I'm earning less rewards.

If I choose to have a day off, then that's fine. Go me. But why should everyone else be forced to likewise have a day off just because I needed a break or real life stopped me from playing? By the way, congrats on going to MBA school! Just know that I'll still be playing while you're enriching and investing in your life instead of matching reds and purples for Shang-Chi insta-win.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Monday
    As someone who isn't obsessive about PvE, I already get 1 day off every time they run a PvE event where the opening sub is 48 hrs (I don't play day 1).

Deadpool vs MPQ
    Webbed Wonder (4 day version)
    Honor Among Thieves (4 day version)

KGB
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Sunday
    Instead of a store, a closer analogy might be when I was an hourly employee and missed out on 16 hours of pay during Thanksgiving week (the offices were closed Thursday and Friday, and only salaried employees received paid time off). Both of our analogies break down when you consider that MPQ is a virtual game (as in its existence is purely non-physical), and there aren't strong reasons for why content would have days off. I dislike 2-day subs because I'm earning less rewards.

If I choose to have a day off, then that's fine. Go me. But why should everyone else be forced to likewise have a day off just because I needed a break or real life stopped me from playing? By the way, congrats on going to MBA school! Just know that I'll still be playing while you're enriching and investing in your life instead of matching reds and purples for Shang-Chi insta-win.
    I’ll miss that since I champ him in 2 days and even at 12 covers today he took out the level 605 5E on the first move doing over 500K damage. I wonder if these new potential metas can stop that.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,656 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wednesday
    Prefer no days off, but if I have to choose, I'd pick Wednesday as there are plenty of Lightning Rounds to keep me busy on that day.