General Forums Contest Chatter (7/20/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited July 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Please keep all chatter about the contest to this thread.  No submissions from the July Forums Contest will be accepted via this thread.

Thank you!

Find July Forums Contest HERE to submit your answer.
Tagged:

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we ask a clarification question here?

When you say the event has the highest score do you mean the total score across all alliances summed up for a single run of that event (so if it's Ultron and there were 1000 active alliances for 1 of the UItron runs and the total summed score for 1000 alliances was 100 million then 100 million is the highest score for Ultron)?

KGB
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    KGB said:

When you say the event has the highest score do you mean the total score across all alliances summed up for a single run of that event (so if it's Ultron and there were 1000 active alliances for 1 of the UItron runs and the total summed score for 1000 alliances was 100 million then 100 million is the highest score for Ultron)?

KGB
    And then mulitply that by the X number of times Ultron has been run because it says overall damage by Boss?
  • KGB
    KGB said:

KGB
    And then mulitply that by the X number of times Ultron has been run because it says overall damage by Boss?
    I don't think you do that because then it's just about which boss events have been run the most and new ones like Gargantos would obviously not be in the running.

I *think* it's just the highest score for a single run of the boss event where highest score is the damage done by every player in every alliance for that run. But I wanted qualification to be sure that's what I'm answering and because obviously it matters to the tie breaker too.

KGB
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    On my own reading, I interpreted that it is the total number of points earned in every run of that boss event.

ie Newer boss events are inherently at a disadvantage. 

My interpretation could be wrong, but when I read the post I did not perceive any ambiguity. 
  • KGB
    > On my own reading, I interpreted that it is the total number of points earned in every run of that boss event.

If that's the case hardly anyone else is reading it that way. The tie break numbers are in the 1-3 million range and if it's a total across all runs it will be in the hundreds of millions given Garg run 2x and many others have been run 10+.

KGB

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    "What we'd like to know is: Since Boss Events have been around, which 5 events have the highest score, and thus that Boss (or bosses) have taken the most beating?

To Enter:
    List which Boss Event, in order, have the highest overall scores."

Again, sounds incredibly clear to me. If people want to read it differently, I have no problem with them having drastically different tie-breaker guesses than me. 
  • KGB
    I guess we read things entirely differently. As someone who writes code for a living, I'd send that spec back in a heartbeat for more clarification.

You could read the initial statement as:
    1) A Cumulative score from all runs of an event. So if an event (say Galactus) was run 5x and total damage from all alliances was 1 billion per run then total score for Galactus is 1x5=5 billion.
    2) An Average from all runs of an event. So if an event (say Galactus) was run 3x and total damage from all alliances was 500 million, 1 billion and 1 billion then total score for Galactus is 2.5 billion/3 = 830 million.
    3) The highest score from a single run of an event. So if an event (say Galactus) was run 4x and total damage from all alliances was 1 billion, 900 million, 1.2 billion, 1.3 billion then the total score for Galactus is 1.3 billion (highest value ever recorded).

You can make a reasonable case for any of those 3 methods (highest cumulative, highest average, highest single run) as satisfying the 1st statement. Hence I asked for clarification so I can make my 5 guess and the tie breaker.

KGB

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    It's highest average overall scores. So you'd be correct in thinking that Ultron having been run the most doesn't just make it win. That's also why we broke out the Civil War halves otherwise it just kinda wins by default.
  • KGB

Lakestone posted the answer (ordering) but not the numbers. Any chance we could get an update to the post that shows the numbers for the 9 boss events. Prior contests used normally show the numbers too.

KGB