Kitty

Options
Speed283
Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
I just got some covers for Kitty. They put me to 10 covers. I am at 330. Should I level her up to 440? Will that raise my MMR? Or should I wait until she is fully covered?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What are the levels of your other highest characters? Going to anything above 400 will possibly put you into one 5* champ territory so it depends if you have the support characters to use with Kitty at that level or not.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rule of thumb a couple years back when I was transitioning to 5* play was keeping your 5s at 375 to hide below 5* MMR was safe. What is her cover distribution like? If you don’t have the right color high enough you’ll definitely lose out by dumping levels in her.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The rule I used with MMR, and that seemed to work for other 4* players as well, before entering 5* land is to keep your 5* at the average lvl of your top 3 non 5* characters. If your highest 4* are 280 or so, keeping Kitty around that lvl is safe, meaning it should not change your MMR. If you put her on 375 or 360, while your 4* are lower, your MMR might go up, and put stronger 4* or 4*/5*  teams in your way. But you still won’t be swamped with complete 5* opponents most of the time.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Agree with the advice above. Kitty is (or at least was) viable as a first 5* champ, but she is not ideal (a top tier true healer like okoye or SC would be ideal, and the Tier 1b true healers like heimdall, crystal, and maybe yellowjacket would also be good). 
    In terms of MMR, it seems to be calculated from the average level of your two several characters, so raising her up past your current 4* champs might affect your pvp experience.
    Finally, in terms of cover distribution for her, yellow and purple are the most important.  Yellow just improves linearly with each cover being a modest improvement, but purple is more exponential, being wildly more valuable at 4 (1-turn repeater) and 5 (overwrites CDs) than it is at 3.
  • AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I found level 360 to be a good "soft cap" level for 5 stars so that you still faced mostly 4 stars in pvp. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don’t waste the iso until you are ready to jump
  • Speed283
    Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 5 4* characters ranging from 300-314. I will keep Kitty where she is for now. Thanks for all the advice.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really wish they would rework Lockheed to be a more effective support.  The Flerkin is by far her support choice.  Hopefully, we see a 5*+ Kitty.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You made the right choice.

As someone who recently passed through the L330 barrier, I can tell you that's an MMR point. When my 4* roster was all L330 and below I saw entirely different teams than once my top 4-5 characters hit L340.  For instance at 330, I could still queue 3* teams during my early climb and I never queued any teams with boosted 5* higher than about 420 (or even unboosted for that matter). Once I hit 340ish, I could no longer queue 3* teams and I regularly saw champed 5*.

KGB
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KGB said:
    You made the right choice.

As someone who recently passed through the L330 barrier, I can tell you that's an MMR point. When my 4* roster was all L330 and below I saw entirely different teams than once my top 4-5 characters hit L340.  For instance at 330, I could still queue 3* teams during my early climb and I never queued any teams with boosted 5* higher than about 420 (or even unboosted for that matter). Once I hit 340ish, I could no longer queue 3* teams and I regularly saw champed 5*.

KGB
    Good to know. I've been keeping my 5s at L330, but have been considering spending a bit of ISO on them soon. I guess it may be a better idea to keep focusing the ISO on champing 4s for the time being.