Special store spreadsheet?

Options
Carnifex
Carnifex Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
Hi everyone. 

Apologies if this already exists somewhere and I'm clearly overlooking it, but I was wondering if there was a spreadsheet available which has been keeping track of when five star characters were available in a special store. I am patiently waiting for a store to pop up featuring Gladiator Thor and was curious to know when he last appeared. I understand there isn't a pattern (I believe?) of when classics are offered, but I'd still find it an interesting read.
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    Hi everyone. 

Apologies if this already exists somewhere and I'm clearly overlooking it, but I was wondering if there was a spreadsheet available which has been keeping track of when five star characters were available in a special store. I am patiently waiting for a store to pop up featuring Gladiator Thor and was curious to know when he last appeared. I understand there isn't a pattern (I believe?) of when classics are offered, but I'd still find it an interesting read.
    Thanks in advance! :smile:
    No pattern from my pov.  Except for the new 5*,  a high demand (meta class), and a low demand 5*.  During special times they might offer 3 high demand chars, but that depends on what the current meta/usage pattern.

I.E.  If you see a Wanda, Colossus, Shang Chi character store.  Its because they are the most actively used chars, not because it was their turn to be featured.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The non-release special stores (like fan favorites or lunar new year etc) are typically the best offers (eg the crazy good stores like thor/okoye/kitty back in the day etc).
    Release stores tend to be new character + very old classic + newer classic, but that is definitely not a hard rule.
    I think there has only ever been one or two special stores  that contained a character who was simultaneously in the LT pool,  so I would not expect that to happen again anytime soon.
    But the most important thing to remember right now is that any historical patterns were likely established by demi,  and they are gone. all bets seem to be off as BCS has proven much more willing to shake things up with MPQ.  So if you want to see a new pattern,  pitch it to BCS here or in suicidal [edit: social; damn autocorrect!] media and maybe they will like the idea.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Release stores more often than not only feature b-tier meta characters, so that's got to be purposeful. Ghost rider, Storm and a few others have had multiple runs while characters like Havok and Adam Warlock have had none. I'd prefer it change to an "even" character distribution over "thematic" offerings.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most the “thematic” stores are barely thematic anyway (present store excluded). It really feels like a random collection of characters that they strap a theme to. And they are rarely characters associated with new release. So no Thor, Hela or Loki with Odin or BRB. No Wanda/Strange with Garg. It’ll be like “Sharp Dresser” (OML, Gamora, Hela), “Take Flight” (Wasp, BRB, Captain Marvel), or “Heavy Metal” (Iron Man, Magneto, Big Wheel)**

** Not actual stores, but ideas of the types of “themes” I could see them using. 
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    But the most important thing to remember right now is that any historical patterns were likely established by demi,  and they are gone. all bets seem to be off as BCS has proven much more willing to shake things up with MPQ.  So if you want to see a new pattern,  pitch it to BCS here or in suicidal media and maybe they will like the idea.
    That's a really good point, tbh! I never even considered a change to release pattern. Will definitely be interesting to see what comes in the future regarding this. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    But the most important thing to remember right now is that any historical patterns were likely established by demi,  and they are gone. all bets seem to be off as BCS has proven much more willing to shake things up with MPQ.  So if you want to see a new pattern,  pitch it to BCS here or in suicidal media and maybe they will like the idea.
    That's a really good point, tbh! I never even considered a change to release pattern. Will definitely be interesting to see what comes in the future regarding this. 
    I like the suicidal media autocorrect.