how about shorter PVE events?

darkman84
darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
On the contrary to the 7 day events post, what would you say if we had a shorter PVE events that even the three day ones? For example two days only, or even 24 hour one? Of course it would be best if the rewards could be the same as they are in current events (meaning not scaled down, only the overall points for progression would be scaled) but I suppose devs wouldn't be so generous. But anyway, even if the rewards would be scaled, we could have a faster rotation between character rewards. Also shorter events could force a bit different strategy of play.
What do you guys think about it?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    How much 5* shards do you expect in scl 10 progression rewards for one day and two day events? 

Are you fine if they reduced 5* shards from 250 to 50 and 100 respectively?
  • darkman84
    darkman84 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Well, as I've said, it would be best if the rewards were the same, at least for two day events. But of course, it probably wouldn't happen. So if they scaled it evenly, by lets say taking a three day PVE as a base, then two day would give something like 160-170 shards, and the shortest would give around 80.
    With the numbers you mentioned, I suppose that nobody would be fine as it would siginficantly reduce the current overall weekly 5* shards income.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    I'm sure you know it's impossible they will do that (give 250 5* shards per 1 or 2 days pve ) permanently.

Currently, 5* shards rewards in scl 10 are broken up into: 50, 75 and 125.

At best, 1 day gives 50, and 2 days give 125.

Anything can be possible. The main problem is always this: can those players live with getting less rewards? The answer is always no. It's either lesser or same amount of time for more or same amount of rewards. If new events can't pass the "are the rewards good enough for me?" test, chances are, those players won't agree with it.

Anyway, we already have 1 day pve and it's DDQ. The dev is going to add 2 more nodes and give more rewards this September. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    This is just another constant example of the huge demographic complaining “ I want more for doing less “. Is it sloth or greed that drives these posts ? 
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    If these one day events occurred independently and concurrently with 3/4 day events, I wouldn’t mind. I would play them if I had the extra time.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to double dip in pve.  For me the real issue is if it has alliance scoring lb or not.

But I definitely think it would be great to have a concurrent pve event.  Even better if scoring strategy has no point regeneration.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    I'd welcome 2 day events with comparable rewards (2.5/7th of a 5* cover or whatever), or whatever other odd range of days the new devs think would improve things. Keep the rewards fair and I'll try any of your stuff!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Shard rewards should be set to give the same amount as the event being replaced. A four day event would be replaced by two two day events and a three day event by a one day event and a two day event. In both cases 250 shards would be rewarded, so both the two day and the one day event would give 125 shards. Three and four day events give the same rewards so I don’t see why one and two day events wouldn’t be the same. The real difficulty would be working out when 4* and lower covers are awarded.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just another constant example of the huge demographic complaining “ I want more for doing less “. Is it sloth or greed that drives these posts ? 

Stereotype much? One random post & you extrapolate that to a 'huge demographic'.

If anyone can point out the constant examples of what eyedoctor is alluding to I'd appreciate it. I've missed it, which could be on me.

btw, cool reference to the great Seven movie!
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 891 Critical Contributor

Stereotype much? One random post & you extrapolate that to a 'huge demographic'.

If anyone can point out the constant examples of what eyedoctor is alluding to I'd appreciate it. I've missed it, which could be on me.

The post about the pity system is a good place to start.  
  • Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Honestly I don't see them keeping same rewards if event would get shorter. It would probably be decreased appropriately.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I like the idea of a 1-day or 2-day event. It might be an opportunity to give alliance members a day or two off if they needed it, as I imagine alliances would be less concerned about a short event where they didn't place as well.

Personally though I prefer longer events as I normally sit around 20th position in placement. I find the longer events give me a better chance to get a top 20 finish. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor

Is it though? At its heart, that thread is really about changing the award structure so that it doesn't feel like a hamster wheel. (Obviously, this issue only affects certain players. For instance, hoarders don't notice the 5* drought as they immediately see the law of large numbers dance before their eyes.) There could be constructive ways to address some players' needs without forcing them to play a certain way that doesn't also lead to giving more for doing less/the same.

I'll note that if you're overworked and underpaid, then wanting more for doing less actually seems rather reasonable.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel this is why we have Puzzle gauntlet, boss events, and even some introducing events.  

Puzzle gauntlet and introducing events are finish as you please, Boss events start Thursday at 11;00 my time and my alliance and are are done by Sat morning. 

If you were to Create a 2 day event it would mess up a lot of synergy with other events. The closest we have is DP vs MPQ which is 2 2 day subs.  The competition for these events are brutal since there is only 2 subs I would pass on more events like these
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 891 Critical Contributor

Is it though? At its heart, that thread is really about changing the award structure so that it doesn't feel like a hamster wheel. (Obviously, this issue only affects certain players. For instance, hoarders don't notice the 5* drought as they immediately see the law of large numbers dance before their eyes.) There could be constructive ways to address some players' needs without forcing them to play a certain way that doesn't also lead to giving more for doing less/the same.

I'll note that if you're overworked and underpaid, then wanting more for doing less actually seems rather reasonable.
    Imo, yes.  You say change the reward structure but it only goes the way of the player(wanting more for less).  You yourself even said in a post in that thread "A true pity plier that increases our odds from 1:7 would be awesome (please don't lessen my rewards elsewhere as a punishment for giving me something good)."  More for less, straight from your mouth.

It seems that the boss events giving 5* covers is here to stay and we still have the majority of the player base(at least on here) still not satisfied and I get it, it's human nature to want more.  But the line has to be drawn somewhere.  
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor

Imo, yes.  You say change the reward structure but it only goes the way of the player(wanting more for less).  You yourself even said in a post in that thread "A true pity plier that increases our odds from 1:7 would be awesome (please don't lessen my rewards elsewhere as a punishment for giving me something good)."  More for less, straight from your mouth.

It seems that the boss events giving 5* covers is here to stay and we still have the majority of the player base(at least on here) still not satisfied and I get it, it's human nature to want more.  But the line has to be drawn somewhere.  
    Absolutely I want more! Did I complain that we are apparently now getting two complete 5* covers for boss events? No. Did I complain that they lessened PvP wins to 50? No. Are there forumites who would have said snarky things to me had I suggested these changes? I believe so.

Did you see my other post in that thread where I proposed a method where we could shrink the 5* desert without adjusting the 1:7 ratio output?

I'm all about the continued health and longevity of this game, and that includes not giving out too many rewards/covers. However, I quit once before when I got tired of putting in a lot of time with little earned. When I came back, I found that I was getting a lot more than before and started my monthly VIP subscription because I was/am having fun.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife

Actually just about every criticism on here , and there are a plethora of them , is a complaint about wanting more or making the game easier or less play time . I have yet to see ONE POST in over a year here that says “I’m progressing too fast because your rewards are too high, could you lower the rewards for placement and progression “. The QOL post was ridiculous.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think some people here are having problems grasping the concept of being a player of MPQ instead of an employee getting paid to play this.
    And no "just walk away if you don't like what the omnipotent developers deem appropriate as rewards " is not a proper response to valid player feedback.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited July 2022
    It’s 100% the perfect response and the effeminate euphemism for nagging, whining and complaining is getting tiresome . And I’m not here to argue semantics with those who believe otherwise , 
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    What I like about this forum is that there is a whole range of viewpoints and ideas for improvement across the game. If someone I worked with came up with an idea for a new way of working then I would consider it on its merits and then if it wasn't quite on the mark I'd work with them to see if it could be refined and developed. What I wouldn't do is go up to them and shout in their face 'Why are you so greedy and entitled? What's wrong with the way we already do things! Just go and get another job if you don't like it."