Multiverse Battle

Options
BradUF
BradUF Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
I’d like to see something where the community at large battles itself. Random assortment Of alliances get tagged with a universe number. Universes battle together until one universe wins out. Combos of pve and pvp scores to determine the winner

Comments

• BradUF
    BradUF Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Or do it alliance style where each universe has a number of points(health), first universe with no points is the loser
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    550 alliances would crush everyone else.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be cool if you could incorporate alliance families as well.  
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    My casual solo alliance would get the tinykitty stomped out of us.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 801 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What about players who aren't in an alliance?  Also, Go Gators!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Phumade said:
    Theoretically you'd mix them up, and have a much larger player group. So, say, 500-1000 players on a "team", with a bit of balancing for competitive/casual, your alliance would ideally be on the same team as a family alliance, rather than competing against them. And you'd be competing against another group with both families and solos and competitive and casual alliances and everything in between.

The easy thing to do would be to figure out how to make the Slices compete. Average score for each slice, ranked 1-5, give out a tiny tiny bit of extra rewards (the goal being that it adds up over time, and isn't such a high amount of rewards that it drives competitive alliances crazy trying to cram into the same slice to get first place every event). Downside is that you might not be playing with your entire alliance, but the upside is that it does let the entire community battle against itself like the OP suggested. Do it less frequently (like for a Boss event?), and you could boost the rewards, and make it feel more like a special occasion.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    MegaBee said:
    Phumade said:
    Theoretically you'd mix them up, and have a much larger player group. So, say, 500-1000 players on a "team", with a bit of balancing for competitive/casual, your alliance would ideally be on the same team as a family alliance, rather than competing against them. And you'd be competing against another group with both families and solos and competitive and casual alliances and everything in between.

The easy thing to do would be to figure out how to make the Slices compete. Average score for each slice, ranked 1-5, give out a tiny tiny bit of extra rewards (the goal being that it adds up over time, and isn't such a high amount of rewards that it drives competitive alliances crazy trying to cram into the same slice to get first place every event). Downside is that you might not be playing with your entire alliance, but the upside is that it does let the entire community battle against itself like the OP suggested. Do it less frequently (like for a Boss event?), and you could boost the rewards, and make it feel more like a special occasion.
    It would probably end up being the competitive alliances carrying most of the workload.
  • Phumade
    Options
    shard vs shard battles wold be fun.  Especially if it resulted in more rewards going the winning shard.  I wonder how scoring could take place?  maybe it means they send snipers to one slice.  Keep their Bell cows in another and have some enforcers to occupy invading snipers.

Take alot of coordination from alliances.  and would encourage the smaller alliances to work with the bigger alliances or join in line.

this intesting part of Shard Wars, would be the need for the smaller alliances to participate or inadvertently risk reducing their awards.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What happens to those players without alliances?
  • Phumade
    Options
    If its shard vs shard,  then everyone in the shard benefits or loses together.

For a lore perspective, its just like when the regular players go about their daily business and incursions from out of slice players happens.

So its true.  A player who volunteers to S2 to supress scores is losing out on rewards to ensure that the bulk of his alliance in S1 will get the Shard Wars!  benefit.

The eldar tier of MPQ palyers is pretty established.  People who volunteer to go snipe aren't worried about rewards.  They would be happy to go snipe for the benefit of their alliance members.

I see this reward system as seperate from the current personal and alliance rewards.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    If its shard vs shard,  then everyone in the shard benefits or loses together.

For a lore perspective, its just like when the regular players go about their daily business and incursions from out of slice players happens.

So its true.  A player who volunteers to S2 to supress scores is losing out on rewards to ensure that the bulk of his alliance in S1 will get the Shard Wars!  benefit.

The eldar tier of MPQ palyers is pretty established.  People who volunteer to go snipe aren't worried about rewards.  They would be happy to go snipe for the benefit of their alliance members.

I see this reward system as seperate from the current personal and alliance rewards.  

They'd be happy to go snipe without rewards, too 🤣
    There's a very... Dedicated subset of players 😁
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I play another mobile game that has weekly alliance vs alliance events.  They match alliances together based on the alliance members combined roster strength and how well they have scored in previous alliance battles.  So big alliances get matched with big alliances and casuals get matched against casuals.

If you don't have an alliance you just don't get to participate in this game mode.
  • Phumade
    Options
    I play another mobile game that has weekly alliance vs alliance events.  They match alliances together based on the alliance members combined roster strength and how well they have scored in previous alliance battles.  So big alliances get matched with big alliances and casuals get matched against casuals.

If you don't have an alliance you just don't get to participate in this game mode.
    We should keep the modes inclusive so everyone gets to participate.  They could give out a lvl 2 support to the winning shard.

This would have the benefit of reintroducing supports to the general public,  while not costing the devs a lot of resources.

So I could envision. giving a level 1 support to all players for that month.  but the winning shard could get a lvl 2 or lvl 3 support.  If they need to be cheap they could just give a support tokens hehehe