Jessica jones reboot looks likely! Excited for 5*+ version of JJ

Options
Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
If you haven’t been tracking mcu releases, it’s looks like their will be a new Jessica Jones.  Aside from what everyone already knows from Netflix/Disney +. I can tell you that KR has been posting a lot of gym videos lately.  This is not typical for her feed, so I’m guessing the viral marketing is getting started.

I hope we good a good rework that’s competive with Wanda and Jane’s character!

Comments

• LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm hoping for purple man. Dude was the best villain in all those series, up there with Fisk
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imo she’s plenty strong and doesn’t need a rework. I h8 facing her because the AI will find your traps and match them on the turn they pop up with an almost uncanny precision. 

And boosted? She’s a lion. All she ever needed to be viable was a character that speeds her up (a +2 AP boost works fine). 

Other than a (slight) match damage boost, I say don’t touch her. She’s hella solid. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imo she’s plenty strong and doesn’t need a rework. I h8 facing her because the AI will find your traps and match them on the turn they pop up with an almost uncanny precision. 

And boosted? She’s a lion. All she ever needed to be viable was a character that speeds her up (a +2 AP boost works fine). 

Other than a (slight) match damage boost, I say don’t touch her. She’s hella solid. 
    Definitely a great character and  very powerful boosted.  But the devs rely/need new character intros with new and unique power sets to pay the bills.  To that end 5*+ JJ doesn’t need to compete against 5* jj.  She needs a power set that feels fresh and viable measured against the recent 5*+ releases.

purple man could be a cool release.  And maybe they release the jewel version of JJ?  That would be a great choice.  Since we already have patsy hellcat

5* purple man villain with 4* jewel JJ variant would be great
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Phumade said:

5* purple man villain with 4* jewel JJ variant would be great
    Something like this is likely what we’ll get (assuming Killgrave is in the new series). No way we get two 5* Jessicas. 

I just want a balance pass for Matt, while we’re talking MCU Defenders. Up the match damage significantly so he tanks (like Jean). Small boost to health and fix his green. Call it good. He’s such a fun character but needs to have his fangs sharpened. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A great Killgrave power would be “ Killgrave controls 1 enemy character for as many turns as purple AP . At end of turn subtract 1 purple AP” All damage from controlled character directed toward other team members at random . 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think Jessica Jones is popular enough to warrant two 5* version. Those that have two 5* (or its variation) are popular and famous among your casual MCU fans. For example,

Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Wolverine.

All these are "household" names. Ask them about Jessica Jones and I bet majority will give you a confused look.

Black Panther, Dr Strange and Captain Marvel have higher chances of having two 5* versions than JJ. At best, I see a 4* version. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A great Killgrave power would be “ Killgrave controls 1 enemy character for as many turns as purple AP . At end of turn subtract 1 purple AP” All damage from controlled character directed toward other team members at random . 

I've been hoping for a controlling character for a long time and Purple Man would indeed be perfect for this. Alternatively, he could have a mix of Mystique and Banner type power: change his look to the enemy character, but also gets their HP/powers while the AI character is out of play (airborne?) until the end of Kilgrave's control.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,060 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping for purple man. Dude was the best villain in all those series, up there with Fisk
    It's funny but I always thought he was the goofiest villain in any of those series. I had never heard of JJ or Kilgrave before I started watching and yet by episode 2 or 3 I wondered what happened if someone just plugged their ears to avoid his power of suggestion voice.

Turns out all you need to do is wear some headphones and listen to music and he can do nothing.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,266 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jessica Jonesis supposed to be appearing in the Werewolf By Night D+ halloween special later this year, I'm sure that's the impetus for Kristen Ritter's gymstagramming. I imagine that's a soft-pilot for something moving forward based on how it goes.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There have been some misses with some of the Disney+ shows.  I thought we would get a Kate 5* and we didn’t, just Echo 4*…..who is getting their own show.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All these vaults are also designed with 1* to 3* players in mind, and that probably explains the 1* Supports. They probably have to create a 80 or more item vaults to include 3* supports.