Matrimonium next weekend. Is the matchmaking bug fixed?

Scrounger
Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
edited July 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Dear Oktagon,

I saw that Matrimonium is the coalition event next weekend. Has the matchmaking bug for this event been fixed yet. The bug causes bronze players to be matched up against platinum players fielding level 60 planeswalkers, even when the bronze player's planeswalker is of a far lesser level. For example, my level 30 Ral was matched up against level 60 PW of platinum players. The bug also caused platinum players to face players from the bronze and silver tier, who had planeswalkers that were of a far lower level than the platinum players.

I would very much like to play Matrimonium again, but not if it's bugged. Can you let the players know whether this matchmaking bug has been fixed?

Thank you very much for making a great game.

Scrounger

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Hello @Scrounger,
    Apologies for the delay.
    The team informed me that the issue with the matchmaking of the Matrimonium event has already been fixed!
    Rebeca
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Not fixed. Someone in my coalition today faced a lvl 40 opponent with their lvl60 PW.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    My opponent right now was a level one (1)!!!!!! Garruk, unleashed.
    It is not easy to finish with all objectives done.
  • Scrounger
    Dear Rebeca and Oktagon,

While I appreciate that the team believed that the problem was fixed -- which necessarily implies that they put some effort into fixing it -- I can unfortunately confirm that the problem is not fixed at all.

I am in the bronze tier. I just selected a deck for the top node (my Level 40 Kasmina PW), and got matched up against the Platinum Player AdiNako's Lvl 60 Nicol Bolas 1 PW. So not only am I being matched up against opponents who are not in my tier, the game is also not giving me an opponent who is within 10 levels of my PW. So matchmaking is obviously still bugged because there are at least 80 people who have joined the event in bronze. So there are absolutely bronze opponents that the game could have matched me up against, and it strains credulity to believe that none of the bronze players have a PW within 10 levels of Level 40.

Please fix this bug. It is very frustrating for newer players to go against decks created by players who have a much more extensive card collection, not to mention whose PW is so many levels above their own.

• Scrounger
    And here's a representative match on the bottom node showing that it's still bugged. My Lvl 48 bronze NB2 PW is matched up against a Lvl 60 Karn from a platinum player. Something is wrong with the matchmaking in this event. No other coalition event has these levels of problems with matchmaking. Please fix this.

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    This is so frustrating. Im a Plat player vs a lower tier opponent who had a starting health of 44HP. I dont know how us players are supposed to hold back our decks anymore than we have to, just to compensate for something entirely out of our control. Wheres the accountability? Why say this events matchmaking is fixed, and give the ok to run it. Just to find out someone obviously was lied to.
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited July 2022
    On top of the above posts I would like to share something else, too. 
    Not only did I get matched up vs low tier low level players with like 48 life or worse, which makes it really damn hard to fulfill the objectives.
    I also fought top node players while playing the top node myself. 

So I dare to say, this event is not fixed at all. 

And in addition to the obviously not fixed matchmaking the gem conversion leading to supports destruction bug is also still active.

Please hire someone who knows something about how to code and how to fix bugs like that. 

Its been months now since I last dared to play with more than one gem conversion land. 
    This is getting ridiculous. 

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Hello everyone,
    I'm sorry this issue keeps happening  :'( , I've already sent your feedback to the team, and they will look into it again. Thanks for letting me know!
    Rebeca.