How about a mulligan

Options
corvosaurus
corvosaurus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
I think a mulligan for this game would be a good idea.  Specifically so you have one chance to change your opposing planeswalker.  Specifically so I don't have to play against Ajani all the time.  This would greatly reduce my frustration with a planeswalker that pretty much ruins whatever match I'm playing.  Not just by being drastically overpowered (especially when you add something like a paladin) but his turns take to long and it takes forever to beat him even if you sideboard your deck to death...  Great choice for winning, lousy for gameplay.  Worst since Old Gnawbone in my view.

Anyway, if you don't choose to mulligan your opponent, then you can mulligan your first draw.  I think this would save a lot of matches from being throw-aways and drudgery.

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get a mulliga for your first draw (and board state too for that matter) but no, planes walker is something you see before starting the match and can change tactics for.

I truly get the annoyance of playing the flavour of the month time after time, but it does help to find the challenge in that and build a deck to wreck it.

There is a lot that hurts pajami in the current meta. especially in blue/white. You can lock his board with Sleep with the fishes and sigarda's inprisonment while making use of the spamming of creatures with healer of the pride or smack down your own tokens ( thopters maybe) and use rumor gatherer to fill your hand.

And always remember, in two months time there will be a new flavour of the month.
  • corvosaurus
    corvosaurus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree that it's fun to modify your deck based on your opponents planeswalker.  But it happens way too much with PMA and it's a chore every time.  A mulligan to use against whatever the "flavour of the month" is would take a lot of the grind out of my game and make me generally happier.  That way I could challenge myself to beat the flavour or move on if I've already accomplished that mission.  

Plus, with the cyclical obsessions this game has, I'd probably have to face it on the second try sometimes too.
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At least PMA Ajani doesn't crash the game, unlike PMA Teferi, who has been crashing the game for some of my fellow coalition members in the latest event and costing them points.

If I had a mulligan I'd use it to avoid fighting either of them.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Janosik said:
    At least PMA Ajani doesn't crash the game, unlike PMA Teferi, who has been crashing the game for some of my fellow coalition members in the latest event and costing them points.

If I had a mulligan I'd use it to avoid fighting either of them.
    running a pw that functions around supports is a ticking time bomb till they fix the conversion/support issue.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I've been advocating mulligan for runes for years. It would solve 2 problems. Bad draws and something to do with the billions of runes every player has