How come w/ no store aviliable ?

meteor0905
meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
edited July 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
six char

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Screenshots showing in game names are against forum rules.
    But to answer your question, there IS a Thor store - the one for hero points.
    Yes, you can cover her this way, if you feel like burning the HP for it.
    Some people do.
  • meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    thx and screenshot removed
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Screenshots showing in game names are against forum rules.
    But to answer your question, there IS a Thor store - the one for hero points.
    Yes, you can cover her this way, if you feel like burning the HP for it.
    Some people do.
    Holy tinykitty, that's a lot of HP to burn.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I saw something like this a while back.  Someone somehow managed to have a level 550 5* the same way as was mentioned.  Not only is it a lot of HP/money but the time spent opening covers must take a long time too if it's legit.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    There's a known player we've speculated drops like 40k USD per 5* release, if it's legit they might single-handedly be keeping this game going lol. Let's not ask too many questions!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    There's a known player we've speculated drops like 40k USD per 5* release, if it's legit they might single-handedly be keeping this game going lol. Let's not ask too many questions!

Well, let's see, a boosted 543 character is probably what, 420 at base?  That's 11 covers. 

with cover odds of 1:166 or ~.006%, it would take approximately 1833 heroic pulls to get that many covers.  Let's call that 46x 40 packs.  At 12,000HP each, that's about 552k HP or 27.6 stark purchases (less any hoarded HP the player had on hand). 

~$2,500 a month to nearly champ a new 5* on day 1seems wildly expensive to me, but not so wildly expensive that I can't imagine some extremely wealthy person doing it sometimes (especially for a hyped new release).  Getting 550s from the heroic store, however, would take ~10x as much, and I have a much, much harder time seeing anyone spending tens of thousands of dollars per month on a mobile game.

Is my math wrong?
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Quite a few have champed a new five from packs, since the packs arrived. It takes a fair amount of hp and some good pulls but it's possible if you spend. And the person above definitely buys. It's entirely legit in this case.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx said:

Well, let's see, a boosted 543 character is probably what, 420 at base?  That's 11 covers. 

with cover odds of 1:166 or ~.006%, it would take approximately 1833 heroic pulls to get that many covers.  Let's call that 46x 40 packs.  At 12,000HP each, that's about 552k HP or 27.6 stark purchases (less any hoarded HP the player had on hand). 

~$2,500 a month to nearly champ a new 5* on day 1seems wildly expensive to me, but not so wildly expensive that I can't imagine some extremely wealthy person doing it sometimes (especially for a hyped new release).  Getting 550s from the heroic store, however, would take ~10x as much, and I have a much, much harder time seeing anyone spending tens of thousands of dollars per month on a mobile game.

Is my math wrong?

Not at all wrong, there is someone that regularly has 500+ unboosteds right out of the gate though. I may have fudged the monthly math (and this does happen with every new 5 afaik) but it was more each month than I'd need to live quite decently for a whole year. A player or two like this kept in hand should fund this game for as long as people want to publish it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,075 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to recall many years back there was a player (he who must not be named but whose initials were K D) who spent so much in the game that the Devs gave him a free Thanos cover on release as a thank you. Mad, mad stuff.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    2500 USD is a lot of money, but nothing compared to the 110,000 USD you need to max level 1 character in Diablo Immortal.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    I heard of great things about one whale in MPQ: how this guy plays nicely and has no ego. Players will check his roster whenever new 5* are released. I can't remember the name but he's well-known among top players and probably the dev team and players in LINE. I mean spending consistently in HP store to (almost) champ latest 5* got to be memorable for CS and dev team.  Whales exist and in other games I've played, there are players dropping more than 6k usd consistently to be at the top. Even in Marvel Contest of Champion, there's one youtuber who will whale for the latest 6* but I'm not sure if he's still doing it.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I seem to recall many years back there was a player (he who must not be named but whose initials were K D) who spent so much in the game that the Devs gave him a free Thanos cover on release as a thank you. Mad, mad stuff.
    Was it Kevin Durant ?! He’d have the money to do it for sure .
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I heard of great things about one whale in MPQ: how this guy plays nicely and has no ego. Players will check his roster whenever new 5* are released. I can't remember the name but he's well-known among top players and probably the dev team and players in LINE. I mean spending consistently in HP store to (almost) champ latest 5* got to be memorable for CS and dev team.  Whales exist and in other games I've played, there are players dropping more than 6k usd consistently to be at the top. Even in Marvel Contest of Champion, there's one youtuber who will whale for the latest 6* but I'm not sure if he's still doing it.
    Sorry we aren’t allowed to talk about “He who shall not be named”. He’s sorta the reason why that rule exists.  

Before him people sorta skirted that rule about complaints on various cheaters, big money whales, etc…. Through screenshots etc.  but once he arrived on scene.  It’s was made very clear by many people to never discuss those players on the forum.  Feel free to join line if you want to gossip about his profession, what he retired to do etc.

If coordinating is 40% of line chats,  then gossip is the other 40%, and discussing chars is the last 20%.

lol
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    No, K D are the initials for his Forum name, not his real life name (as far as I know). He used to post on occasion but I haven't seen him post in a long time (years?) and I wondered if he was still playing until Phumade just alluded to the idea that he still is.

KGB
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    No, K D are the initials for his Forum name, not his real life name (as far as I know). He used to post on occasion but I haven't seen him post in a long time (years?) and I wondered if he was still playing until Phumade just alluded to the idea that he still is.

KGB
    I thought he had retired years ago. I haven't seen him in game in many years.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:

Is my math wrong?
    Those 27.6 stark purchases done in a buyers club would also give 3864 CP, which equates to 5.4 covers, so they could combine opening packs with levelling with CP. 33 * 40 pack would give you 8 covers, which would be 19.8 starks that gain you CP for slightly less than 4 covers. So it is more like $2000. Still a hefty sum.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:

KGB
    Oh no that guy retired from the game years go.  Of course he was well known in LINE.  And many people wish him well on his new endeavors or at least what he told people he was focusing on next.  Or maybe they were talking about the whale who left to COC.  Quite a few still have connections to him through COC alliances.  Or maybe they were talking about the one of many overseas whales.  All of them still have connections to various commanders.

sad to see so many colleagues and friends move on in the game.  All of them were super nice people who help people out trying new tactics or helping refine new play techniques.  

Let’s be honest,  None of the advance tactics and strategies would have been developed with out their help and play testing.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,075 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yes. Yes it was.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yes. Yes it was.
    My cousin is on the Lakers if I could get him to play he could drop $1000/ day here 🤣