Patch Notes (6/30/2022)

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,
We had a Data Push and here is what you need to know:
  • Fixes

• Fixed the soft-lock caused by Mythic Support Card Basalt Monolith (PMA).

• Added the missing artwork for the Brokers Charm Full Art Card Bundle in the Planechasing Fblthp event. 

• Fixed some text issues.

• Changes 

• Changed the Mythic Creature Angel of Suffering (SNC) to avoid loop issues. Originally this card didn't have a trigger limit. Now, it can trigger up to 5 times per turn.

The original text was:
    [Flying, Berserker] Mill 16: This creature gains Lifelink
    When you take damage or lose life: Gain X life. Then: Destroy the top X cards of your library. X is the life lost or damage taken.

Now the text is:
    [Flying, Berserker] Mill 16: This creature gains Lifelink
    When you take damage or lose life: Gain X life. Then: Destroy the top X cards of your library. X is the life lost or damage taken. This effect can trigger up to 5 time(s) per turn.

Comments

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    @Oktagon_Support When are you planning on nerfing PMA Ajani, the most unbalanced thing ever created in Magic Puzzle Quest? I see all this changes and balances but none of them include PMA Ajani yet. Am I missing something here?
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support When are you planning on nerfing PMA Ajani, the most unbalanced thing ever created in Magic Puzzle Quest? I see all this changes and balances but none of them include PMA Ajani yet. Am I missing something here?
    and we are going to face this one alllll weekend long Smh people are going to rage quit
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
     What to nerf there?  >:) They just came up with another event where PMA Ajani is perfect to run in both top and bottom nodes, since white is included both, plus the objectives kinda ask for him  :smiley: So let's prepare for another kitty fest this weekend.
  • Uiriam
    Uiriam Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    Since his release, PMA Ajani has become soo good that no white PW released can even compete with him. And now this weekend event presents a scenario where the safest choice is him??? Let despair and disappointment reign over this weekend!

@Oktagon_Support please do something to avoid frustration and exodus of specially rookie players
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    I agree with @BongoTheGrey. This PMA Ajani does need to be balanced. This is not the first time this problem has been brought up but the issue seems to fall on deaf ears. It is frustrating. 
    @Oktagon_Support please help your players with this. It would be appreciated.  
  • arct
    arct Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    As a new player (1 year and some months) my legacy collection is not strong enough to achive some of the nastiest combos out there. I play ToTP everyday, being ToTP Black the hardest for me, until Angel of Suffering (SNC) arrived, this card saved me for example from an Omni/Hulk combo where the only thing i needed is wait to the IA going off cards, but then you decide to nerf it to avoid loop issues, i really would like to know why is it so difficult to make the IA to choose "No" when the loop timer comes?
  • gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    NO! not this one too, MAN ! I didn't even get a chance to play with it :(

DANGIT THat's 2 cards that were nerfed before I got em.

Please stop till I have all of these cards.

Please. 

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Dust off those quakebringers for 12 rounds of ajani
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    The nerf to AoS is completely unnecessary, revert it back please. If someone was silly enough to play it against Angrath then the loop to death was totally justified
  • BongoTheGrey
    If Greg uses the Curse of Vitality / Highborn Vampire Loop and you have Angel of Suffering in play you wont receive any damage and Greg's loop will do nothing.

So it seems like Oktagon is prioritizing killing the loop that prevents you from dying if Greg plays an infinite loop to win than killing the actual infinite loop that is used to win games in 1 turn. Even if that loop is created by a common card
  • MrHolland420
    MrHolland420 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I have a deck that counters him np, it's a flower master deck too, not even a counter Ajani  deck.  He is not  unbeatable, just annoying as hell.   
  • MrHolland420
    MrHolland420 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    LoboX01 said:
     What to nerf there?  >:) They just came up with another event where PMA Ajani is perfect to run in both top and bottom nodes, since white is included both, plus the objectives kinda ask for him  :smiley: So let's prepare for another kitty fest this weekend.
    I didn't lose to a single Ajani deck last weekend but  you'll notice most of the top players don't really use him often.   They also know how to counter him.   If he is so good, why don't you get him?  Blue control decks are a idea just off the top of my head.  Like I said, I have a good flower power Master deck that has never once lost to Ajani. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Tezzeret said:
    Dust off those quakebringers for 12 rounds of ajani
    But with what deck? I can’t come up with a viable build for Quakebringer that meets objectives. I can make builds that work with him for sure, but not for this event. At least, not yet. 
    And that’s the basic problem for anti-Ajani builds I always make. 😖
  • BongoTheGrey
    edited July 2022
    I have a deck that counters him np, it's a flower master deck too, not even a counter Ajani  deck.  He is not  unbeatable, just annoying as hell.   
    Nothing in the game is unbeatable. PMA Ajani is unbalanced and annoying. Beating him is not the problem. Is mostly how long it takes to beat it since it has auto 3 life gain guaranteed plus all the additional life gain it gets from the enlisted gems it creates itself plus any more additional life gain it can get with white life gain cards. Controlling the board against it is not a problem but you can spend a dumb amount of turns bringing him to 0 life.

I'm copying this that JTWood mentioned on a discord server: "The dude has gem conversion, evasion, targeted berserker that ignores flying/non-flying (****, right?), lifelink, double strike, prevent damage, and the ability to trigger constellation and alliance nearly for free every turn."

And on top of that it has the 4th most total health from all the 100+ Planeswalkers available in the game.

You get all that regardless of which cards you decide to pair him with. There have been several broken cards that deserved to be nerfed and others that never got nerfed. Bu the good thing with cards is that those eventually rotate to Legacy and you can stop worrying about them. Planeswalkers are always standard.

Again, not unbeatable. But if that is not unbalanced and nerf worthy then I don't know what is.