The king who defied a god

Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
Possibly one of my hardest challenges. It took me more than 10 attempts (and a few which almost I did it).
No supports, no help (possibly it took me that much because of that).
Hulking is 2/5/1.
https://youtu.be/G8JsNV2xGTU

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    I was wondering why you didn't target Doctor Doom first. Was it to stick to the theme of King vs God?

And after I watched this video, I thought of Kitty Pryde, Valkyrie and Hulkling. He's going to make good use of those yellow aps.
  • Bad
    Doctor doom has to be the final one because he will destroy all strikes.
    Thanos will kill any team. 
    And magneto destroying all the TUs is another big danger.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I meant target as in stun him first because his match damage would be higher than the rest and he steals yellow/black ap.
  • Bad
    Thanos is the priority. 
    After him magneto's red.
    Doom match damage or stealing is a nuisance but possibly won't kill all the team like the others 2.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Wait a second... Did you just challenge yourself to use a different team on the challenge node... without the devs forcing you to through roster restrictions?!?!

Just joking with you, given our recent conversations on the topic.

Fortunate timing on some of the match 5s so that Sersi could regenerate.  Not a combo you would typically think was capable of getting 50k in strike tiles on the board...  Why did you choose this specific team?
  • Bad
    I would had enjoyed more a good reward for this and I got nothing. So yes, I'd rather like devs proposing me a limitation for a challenge like this. Although it's too hard and all people would complain. 
    I chose this team because I see a lot of potential on hulking's yellow and sersi's green does something similar. Sersi is a character who has a lot of potential too, as it can be seen. And I needed someone for to stun thanos for not killing all the team on multiple resurrection, also for to help getting a match 5, and may it's the perfect candidate.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I think this is one of the easier teams in CN to beat . Tinykittys have to kill Doom last because they rely on massive tile spam but there are a dozen other team options I’ve used in the past. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    I think this is one of the easier teams in CN to beat . Tinykittys have to kill Doom last because they rely on massive tile spam but there are a dozen other team options I’ve used in the past. 
    I would probably rate this as more or less average in difficulty.  GED requires some careful play since he constantly leeches and heals. Imprudent play can lead to a swift black nuke. 3* Mags is also pesky in that his powers hit reasonably hard, and can become a positive feedback loop if you get very unlucky. 3* thanos doesn't do much, but will punish if someone unexpectedly gets downed.

This isn't a dead easy challenge node, but it's definitely not one of the truly challenging ones for my roster. (since I don't have bssm and have a baby champ roster, the hardest ones for me are generally the ones with kitty + grocket or kraken or 5* carnage putting out 60k+ damage in the first few turns. But to be clear, nothing is anywhere near impossible these days. We just have too many good options, even before considering boosted 5*s.)