Designing a regular big gauntlet

Options
Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I will try to inspire here any idea for to design a new regular gauntlet. It should be interesting and exciting for the player. More than a gauntlet: an iron glove.

How many nodes are in a pve sub? Usually there are 10, 11 on scl10. Usually the pve runs for 3 days, what means 30/33 nodes.
For to clearing it optimally it's needed to do them 5 times on which every first 3 times the foes increase their level: that means in 3 days we play 150/165 nodes.

That means for a new regular gauntlet not focused on speed, running for a week, not refreshing each day and clearing it all nodes only once it should have at least 180 nodes.

Now look at WTS screen. It has the shield emblem, the new character and 15 nodes, although in that space there could be 20. If you scroll up and down,left and right you can notice those nodes fill like a 25% of the screen. 
Then without too many problems there could be 80 nodes on that screen. There could be another parts of the gauntlet on history screen only playable after clearing previous ones.
Each node showing the reward but only playable after clearing the previous one, too, but being possibly playable from the start to the end.
Or it could use the usual system of gaining points per match and giving the rewards in progression, but I think it's more interesting the first one.
Really advising that pve should be interrupted for 2 days (like when boss event is active). That would allow good rewards for that content, also will give us a break that could be really wellcome.
And the battles: there are 260+ characters and I don't know how many goons. Plenty of battles for to mix them on quite a bit. If this gauntlet runs regularly there should be at least 4 different versions rotating.
There could be buffed characters (but not godboosted) rotating for this mode, but never should be meta characters. 
And finally scl. Scl should increase the level on foes on the same amount they do on pve, or a bit more because enemies don't increase their level 3 times. Also it should increase the rewards according to how it's done like on pve progression on all scl levels. 

There should be easier nodes if a character is required, and loaning it at low level (loaning it could allow to require a 5* and that would be a new experience for all players rosters).
There should be easier nodes mixed here and there for not making it too rigid. There could be a few heroic nodes here and there, loaning characters but looking that it could be possible to beat the node in all scl with those loaned characters (although it could be really hard).
No equipping boost enabled for this mode lol.

And I think that's all. Imo that would be an interesting experience not focused on speed, another way to play the game for once, and then lessening the content not focused on speed by another 10%. (and opening the door for this content to being more frequent).
Having more content not focused on speed but still interesting and exciting would reduce the burnout that the current competitive highly real time demanding pve actually creates.

Comments

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Assuming there will be 3 tiers again for the Gauntlet.

270 characters, divided by 3 (3 characters in each match). This gives you 90 matches. So 30 matches for each tier. 
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Interesting idea. I used to love the gauntlet. Used to be a slog but one that made you think. 

I'd love to see an event that totally levelled the playing field between vets and new players. 

Just pure loaners.

Something like a survival mode. At the start your presented with two affiliations, and then you have to build a team from capped a list of resources. 

Better to have a fully covered team or selectively level with your limited event iso.

What boost are you taking. What supports do want and at what level.

Event health packs or health stations after so many nodes. Maybe refresh the health or drop in reinforces the next day.

All rewards solely based on the amount of nodes you clear before dying.

MPQ meets Darkest Dungeon. 

Most probably unfeasible though. It would take a lot of work to build though. As the game doesn't really have them systems. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've suggested in the past something similar, wave nodes when you select 4 characters yours and another one from your alliance, and fight huge waves of foes, or something like that (if any dev is interested, just accesing my profile it can be seen ;) ).
    About levelling devs and new players, I'm a bit tired of that (being half a vet myself) and I strongly desire scl for all events.
    This boss event kind of levels new players with the loaners, but as it can be seen there are tons of complaints. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would like to see something like the old gauntlet but without the side branches and with restrictions on each node. 
    Several nodes beyond the furthest completed would be open so that you could skip any that you couldn’t satisfy the requirements for, say three or four. Requirements would start restrictive, say only 1* characters on the first node, like DDQ. Later nodes could use character level, affiliations, all characters at first just one later, or even odd requirements such as only characters with a red power or with the letter “A” in their name.
    All nodes would only be completed once. Rewards could be by node, progression or a mixture of the two.