Sanity Check: Are you experiencing more cascades than usual?

Options
HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
For the past couple weeks, I noticed an increase in the frequency of cascades. Does anyone share the same sentiment as me? 

On a smaller matter, I think there's a split second lag when you fire certain powers. Shang Chi's purple is one of them. As a frequent Shang Chi user who play for speed, this split second lag is noticeable. I think there's another scenario where this happens but I can't remember now.

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the past couple weeks, I noticed an increase in the frequency of cascades. Does anyone share the same sentiment as me? 
    No.

//////////
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As I'm too lazy to type out a response, let me quote: 
    No.

//////////

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not that I've noticed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only in a battle against Onlsaught recently but that goes without saying.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not that I've seen.  And I use SC constantly in PVE and don't notice any lag in firing powers.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    There was a month ago and there were 3 critical balls and I went to pick up popcorns but in the last couple weeks, no.
    If they changed the code just for AI having more critical balls on AI's turn that would mean a lot of work for a stupid result, meaning players pissing off and not playing anymore. 
    Sorry if I mess a good conspiracy theory. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Absolutely. There was a second tile dropper on the cascade-y knoll. This goes all the way to the top!
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Its because ProfX is boosted
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,526 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have seen a lot more cascades, but I chalk it up to random chance.
    It has not really affected me since I am running a team that benefits from it.
    Maybe the last week it happens more often than usual but I don't think there is anything untoward.
    I have noticed runs like this previously so I guess it's just part of the game.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Looking at the replies, it looks like I'm imagining things. I'm not saying that they deliberately change the code. But with all the errors that have been going on in the game, I thought they might have accidentally touched the cascade rng. 

I used SC frequently, so the higher frequency of cascades happened to both my team and AI's team. 

Oh well, thanks everyone for the sanity check.  :s
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From a logical pov it should be really difficult to design as the number of tiles waiting to fail down are rng created, except for puzzle gauntlet. 
    Still as all of you may have noticed, the game knows if the battle will end on the exact second you finish your turn and the simbol of paused highlights between the bars. Sometimes there is a whole minute of AI's moves happening until the unavoidable end of the battle reveals itself.
    Still if there were an issue on the tiles order sequency many players would instantly notice it.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was feeling this way too but I've been assuming it's based on consequences of who's been boosted. I do feel like the tile RNG has always been a little busted, but I know that's tinfoil hat territory around here. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Only when playing against Prof X but it’s always been greater against him. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Only in a battle against Onlsaught recently but that goes without saying.
    i seem to lose about 80% of battles vs him n prof. funny, i never seem to get the unending, multiple match 4+ cascades when i use both. but, more than usual, not really.