New meta

Options
Speed283
Speed283 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
Anyone know when the next meta is coming out?
I had heard February and then June.
I have over 400 LL tokens itching to be spent! 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    If you are talking about pick-2 pvps, most of the boosted 5* are eating non-boosted meta characters as snacks. For shield sim, I'm expecting more Gargantos/Hawkeye (anti-meta) and Polaris/BRB/Kamala Khan in the future.

If you're talking about pves, Hulkoye and Apocalypse gangs are still the fastest. Shang Chi also deserves mention. If you are depending on BRB/Polaris + Juggernaut/Th4nos to clear scl 10 pick-3 CN/hard nodes, then Kamala Khan would be your new meta.

As you can see, it depends on where you are in the game, and which mode of the game you place importance on.

Most importantly, we just got a new dev team taking over MPQ. I would say it is "unknown" whether there will be more powerful characters than Gargantos/Kamala Khan this year because we need to wait till the end of the year to guave how often they plan to shake up meta, and how much they deviate from the ex-dev design philosphy for 5* characters.

As of now Gargantos + Kamala Khan is your best choice.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In all likelihood the next few releases are probably going to be from Demiurge design as characters are prepared for release way in advance on the schedule. We don't really know what the new Dev's approach to new "meta" characters is going to be yet and we have rebalances which might or might not be significant. So I don't think any Crystal ball users out there are any more the wiser.