Icebreaker wrong rewards?

Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
I mean Scrapper already has Venom for placement, that would be a lot of Eddies…

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 898 Critical Contributor
    Yea I just noticed that as well.  Need it to be Vulture like the schedule says so I can get some Peter Parker shards.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Apparently they’ve sent us back to the future in the alphabetical progression. If so, that’s 4 covers I lose that I would have shard progressed to by end of month . Now I’m 2 months away 
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    More importantly, max rewards can be obtained with 50 wins instead of 75. 1200 points also still gets max rewards. I hope this is a permanent change going forward and not a mistake. 
  • WilliamK1983
    More importantly, max rewards can be obtained with 50 wins instead of 75. 1200 points also still gets max rewards. I hope this is a permanent change going forward and not a mistake. 
    Great catch!  That's huge if it's permanent.  I've essentially forfeited the 75 win or 1200 point CP prize every single event because I screwed up early in my pq days leveling my 4s and 5s before it was time so my mmr was always out to lunch.  Points was impossible and it cost me more resources to hit 75 wins than I would recoup in that event.  I'm stoked.  
  • WilliamK1983
    Apparently they’ve sent us back to the future in the alphabetical progression. If so, that’s 4 covers I lose that I would have shard progressed to by end of month . Now I’m 2 months away 
    That stinks.  Takes long enough as it is.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They restructured the rewards for Iceman PvP and max win is 50. I did a side by side comparison for SCL 10.

Win/Rewards
    1: HT
    2: 1900 iso-8
    3: stock pile
    4: 1750 riso
    6: MT (--> 5 wins)
    8: PvP token (--> 7 wins)
    10: 125 4* shards (--> 8 wins)
    11: 3000 iso (--> 10 wins)
    13: 10 cp (--> 12 wins)
    16: 150 4* shards (--> 13 wins)
    19: MT  (--> 14 wins)
    22: 2150 riso (--> 15 wins) 
    25: 160 HP (--> 16 wins) 
    28: 3* cover (--> 18 wins) 
    32: 7650 riso (--> 20 wins) 
    36: PvP token (--> 21 wins) 
    40: 4* cover (--> 23 wins) 
    50: 350 4* shards (--> 25 wins) 
    75: 18 cps (--> 50 wins) 

It seems like they are pushing all the right buttons (except for 3*+5* release). Now, you got to wonder, what they are up to.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    23 wins for the 4* cover is miles better than the previous requirement. I generally hit around 23 wins and stop. Never push for full progression but with this change (if it’s permanent) is very welcome.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 586 Critical Contributor
    I always go to 40 wins, usually push to 50, and occasionally dredge up the gumption to hit 75. This change is amazeballs, awesome sauce, and totally radical. A+ quality of life change!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    They restructured the rewards for Iceman PvP and max win is 50. I did a side by side comparison for SCL 10.

Win/Rewards
    1: HT
    2: 1900 iso-8
    3: stock pile
    4: 1750 riso
    6: MT (--> 5 wins)
    8: PvP token (--> 7 wins)
    10: 125 4* shards (--> 8 wins)
    11: 3000 iso (--> 10 wins)
    13: 10 cp (--> 12 wins)
    16: 150 4* shards (--> 13 wins)
    19: MT  (--> 14 wins)
    22: 2150 riso (--> 15 wins) 
    25: 160 HP (--> 16 wins) 
    28: 3* cover (--> 18 wins) 
    32: 7650 riso (--> 20 wins) 
    36: PvP token (--> 21 wins) 
    40: 4* cover (--> 23 wins) 
    50: 350 4* shards (--> 25 wins) 
    75: 18 cps (--> 50 wins) 

It seems like they are pushing all the right buttons (except for 3*+5* release). Now, you got to wonder, what they are up to.

Well, presumably loosening the spigot on rewards is something they are doing in tandem with increasing the resource threshold necessary to "tread water" in the game.  Still, I have thought for years that demi was a little too tight with resources, so it would be a a bit hypocritical of me to complain now.  I still would prefer to see BCS make a comprehensive statement of changes they are planning to make, rather than us having to piece it together on our own (announcing changes in advance also makes it much harder for them to disclaim any individual change as a bug or mistake).
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Feel like this would be announced if it were the new way for pvp. Suspect it is linked to the repeat Brock.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Based on what the dev has done so far, it seems like they are making changes for new/non-competitive players.

1) 3*/5* --> new players and this is one request new players want
    2) Reducing number of wins --> casual/full progression players

The veterans probably get their rebalances. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed they could mess up about eddie as a reward.
    But not the reward system. That was deliberate.
    The former studio did that too during a short time. Then they changed to the usual pvp reward system. 
    My guesses: because the number of players on pvp didn't increase significatively, or because they attracted the number of people they wanted, or because actually it was an experiment and they never thought on keeping it.
    The former studio never explained it, or at least they never explained the why about the end.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I haven't joined this PvP yet. But I'll probably need to play several events to see if it's good or bad for me. I reach full progression in about 30 wins and then play a lot more for placement. If this encourages more players to play PvP right from beginning my climb to first shield could get me more valuable targets (=points). But if there are also more people out grinding for 50 wins till the end I could get hit more during my shield hops. 
    I guess only time will tell. 
    For those that only go for full progression through wins I'm happy for them that they are now needing only 50 instead if 75 wins. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feel like this would be announced if it were the new way for pvp. Suspect it is linked to the repeat Brock.
    5 star weekly boosts also seemed like something that would have been announced if intentional and not a bug,  but all these months later it's still around and was never officially announced.