Where’s S1 PvP?

Options
DjinnBabba
DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
It’s been some time for me to post….but what gives?  Where’s the pvp? How’s the pvp? Why’s the pvp. What’s the pvp?  I think that covers it. 

Comments

• MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    SUBSCRIBED
  • DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    2 hour delay start?  And the reason?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Memorial Day? The dev was probably excited about the barbeques and other activities and they forgot to press the right button. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    about 2 mistakes ago, after about 4-5 mistakes, folks were urging patience with the way this game has been run lately. patience is starting to wear thin.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Bug fixing is not as fast as expected, depending on bug type. Even big companies like EA or Sony takes weeks to resolves bugs completely.

It seems like all these delayed events for the past weeks are all related.  So, it could be a major bug they are looking to fix or something to do with AWS since MPQ is runned on it.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think it's their latest backup plan. If x event doesn't run at the usual time, plus y hours to the end time where y = late start time minus original start time.

But then, is a 2-hour delay for an off-season pvp that life-threatening? I find it unbelievable a 2 hour delay in MPQ pvp event will have an adverse impact on your real life for the next 3 days or so. I'm not sure what kind of accountability some wants when the dev shared what caused the problems and are working to fix them. It sounds like a side effect of pendup frustration that is creating a storm in a teacup.

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    You want accountability from them, so it's pretty significant for you. I mean, it seems like minor errors from the game accumulated from the last few weeks is enough to rile you up rcently. So, I think, maybe you want to step back and relax. Breathe in and out slowly in a controlled manner.

I understand that we have experienced quite a lot of events bug (DDQ, boosted list, delayed events, delayed LT rotation etc) for the past few weeks but majority of them are minor inconvenience. There's only one major event delay bug that caused the entire pve to reset. However, it's not like the dev kept quiet for the past few weeks. They replied in the forum and explained what happened. Maybe you want to join MPQ discord? I think you get more up to date info over there, compared to here.