Wolverine puzzle

ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
OK so I'm guessing I have to use loki on the strikes but loki is made of tissue paper
What am I missing here guys?

Comments

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Usually, these cannot be stunned. But not this case (not in description), so use Gamora and keep him stunned, while making strike tiles.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    Yeah tried this her purple keeps proccing and she takes them all out without causing any damage, one of the more frustrating ones they've come up with.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The Wolverine puzzle can be done with Prowler. The annoying thing is, he heals, so do some stunning yourself.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a lousy support. Don't worry about it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, Quantum Realm is awesome because it gives 5 Purple AP at the start.  

I used Patch with 3 Polaris team ups.  It’s perfect because it both stuns him from healing and produces more friendly strikes.  Since Patch can heal, just collect red, green and TU until you have enough to fire everything.  
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    The Wolverine puzzle can be done with Prowler. The annoying thing is, he heals, so do some stunning yourself.
    I used Prowler.  His powers are expensive, but his blue is a stun to stop the healing, and he makes strike tiles with his black.
    Polaris's team-up is great with him, too, it will stun and provide enemy strike tiles you can then steal.
    If you have his support, he'll fortify friendly strike tiles after you steal some, so you can double dip on using them to do damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quantum Realm is an awesome Support. +6 purple at the start for R5 and +5 for non-R5. Sadly, I didn't get R5. 

Anyway, save up 20 blue aps and 11 black aps for a slam dunk. Let Wolverine fire his green once and then stun him, fire your black and stun him.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    I used Gamora (altho Prowler would probably work too). waited until he used his green, then stunned him - followed by matching what i could. then used a polaris support to create more strike tiles and stun
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I used Patch and a Yondu Team up.
    Easy Peasy.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamora did it for me. Not the easiest but keep at it and it is doable.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    One of the most annoying/infuriating puzzle fights I've seen.  He can only be damaged by a very specific match, and he freaking heals every turn.  They need to rename these to more of a "Throw something across the room gauntlet"
  • ThisisClemFandango
    Just completed it with gamora but dear god what a friggin nightmare. Whoever came up with that battle is sadly going to burn in hell.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    I got lucky and did it 1st time with Prowler.

By lucky, I mean that at the end of the match, I was down to ~700 health and I matched a strike that I was sure was going to kill him but he was left with 2 health (yes, 2). He then returned from being stunned. As he healed I was cursing because I was sure I was going to lose but when he made his move it created a cascade that somehow matched the last strike I had and so he downed himself.

KGB
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Ended up finishing it with Gamora and was able to get Polaris and MBW sting supports. She worked well because her blue stun is so cheap and I was able to use that several times. Patch used his green once, by that time I had enough blue AP for Gamora to use her blue a few times. Had to use 2 Polaris supports to restun and get friendly strike tiles on board. It Ended up being easier using Gamora for me than Prowler.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Just hit him with a Whales! Nice and easy round. Start with a +2 TU boost if needed.