For those who want Crystal but haven't pulled for her yet..

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
Anyone else want Crystal but hesitated to drop a bunch of pulls ?

I've been wanting to pull for her but at first hesitated because I had no interest in Brand. Now I'm also having a hard time getting myself to pull enough to cover her because I detest Moon Knight. Crystal isn't meta but she's definitely unique and fun, she's a very nice addition to the 5 tier with the jack of trades tool kit she has. She seems to be able to fit in well with lots of other characters. As far as the others in LLs I don't mind Elektra. She's not meta/uber either but her yellow/purple are at least interesting enough and could be handy in different scenarios. Moon Knight I just don't see myself ever using. Gargantos looks somewhat decent once his final numbers were released but I have little interest in him either.

There's obviously no avoiding the garbage Moon Knight unfortunately, but I'm torn to pull for Crystal while Elektra is still in LLs, wait until Gargantos enters, or skip them all together. I was curious how many others are/were in the same boat as me. At this point waiting for LLs to ever have 2 or 3 good 5's at one time seems like a pipe dream. However the thought of blowing through a huge chunk of my stash just to cover Crystal kind of put me on the fence to bother at all. 

Currently I'm closing in on 400 pulls. Part of me wants to pull a bunch now and try to finish my 1/1/1 Crystal while Elektra is in LLs and part of me wants to wait until Gargantos enters in. However good Gargantos may or may not be, he's just not my cup of tea. I also debated skipping all of them and when the next LL store has at least a couple 5s I really like, I'll have a mega stash waiting by then. I only really pull when there is a character I like quite a bit, usually I wait until there is at least 2 that interest me. The ones in LLs I don't care for I get covered to be functional via shards typically and or whatever covers I get pulling for the 5d I am chasing. I was curious what some of you have done or plan to do who feel the same as I do about the current and upcoming LL trios. 

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Elektra has good synergy with Crystal.

Shuma Gorath is a direct counter to Crystal and healing teams. His best partners are Hawkeye (Big nukes, but weak on defense) or Abigail (defensive and turtle team). 

Moon Knight...still remains to be seen. 

In my opinion the best option is to pull for Elektra and Crystal but if you like Shuma Gorath you can wait for them to announce the next 5* and see if that one pairs better. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Elektra has good synergy with Crystal.

Shuma Gorath is a direct counter to Crystal and healing teams. His best partners are Hawkeye (Big nukes, but weak on defense) or Abigail (defensive and turtle team). 

Moon Knight...still remains to be seen. 

In my opinion the best option is to pull for Elektra and Crystal but if you like Shuma Gorath you can wait for them to announce the next 5* and see if that one pairs better. 
    Yeah I also feel Crystal and Elektra have decent synergy, I felt that way for a while. That's one of the reasons I thought I would end up pulling for Crystal as I didn't mind getting Elektra. I really had no interest in Brand and MK I just don't like his design or attack power costs. And I certainly don't want to bother trying to set him up with the perfect partners just to make him viable at all. As far as Gargs at least he's unique, I'm a few covers away from finishing Hawkeye so I could get in on that team at some point. I just don't feel like I'd end up using him all that much, I can't see myself using him over my other go to PVE or PVP teams but he seems quite a bit better than MK. But he sounds kind of cool reading about some of the teams others have mentioned for him. Looks like he'll be a beast when boosted which would make him pretty fun. 

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A boosted Elektra, Crystal or Shuma will be meta for that week.  So, champ them all if you can.  But waiting for a “perfect” set of 5*s may  never happen.  Steady progress is better than intermittent jumps in progress.