Hiveheart Shaman [Investigating]

Fliggl
Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
First of all, I don't know of this is a general bug or just a translation bug (german player).

In german, Hiveheart Shaman says, besides his land-fatching ability, that he puts a Golgari Insect token into play and it gets +X/+X, where X equals the loyality gems on board.

So, if you attack two turns in a row with him, and 1st turn there are 3 and 2nd turn there are 8 loyality gems on board for example, the Golgari Insect Token should have +1/+1 + +1/+1 + +3/+3 + +8/+8 for +13/+13. But it only has +10/+10 (+1/+1 + +1/+1 + +8/+8) it doesn't sum up. It replaces the bonus.

Hope you understand, what I am typing here :)

Maybe one of you could post a pic of the english version, so I know, if it is well translated.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Fliggl - in English HS says “when you attack… Create a Golgari insect token. It gets +x/+x. X is the number of loyalty gems.”

Frankly, for a non-native English speaker, it can be interpreted both ways (when I read your examples above). So I can’t determine which interpretation is correct. Perhaps Oktagon can.
  • Fliggl
    Thanks @Tremayne!

It says the same in german... so maybe I just misunderstood this card?

Since it doesn't say "it gets +X/+X until EOT" I thought the bonus stacks.

Like the tokens Quartzwood Crasher puts into play
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fliggl said:
     it doesn't sum up. It replaces the bonus.
    I love the bugs that keep coming back over and over

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Fliggl
    So... is there a difference between 
    Hiveheart Shaman and Quartzwood Crasher?

In german, both cards say the same but they have a different behavior, according to the buffing of the created tokens
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Fliggl said:
    So... is there a difference between 
    Hiveheart Shaman and Quartzwood Crasher?

In german, both cards say the same but they have a different behavior, according to the buffing of the created tokens
    Quartwood works properly. Hiveheart is broken according to how the text is written.
    The "buff that overrides previous buffs" bug is a Forever Bug™ in this game. With regular occurrence, cards that should add buffs will be built in a way that overwrites the previous buff instead. The best we can do is submit the ticket and hope it's one of the lucky few that get fixed (because a lot of bugs linger forever in this game).
  • Fliggl
    With the 5.8 update this should have been fixed, but... nope!