LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Featuring spiderman( Peter Parker), star lord and gargantos 

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Got blue Garg on 7th pull
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    1 pull, 1 Starlord . I suppose it’s a compensation for going 0 for 35 in my last LL token pulls. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Spiderman is good and has a lot of unrealised potential. Unfortunately, I don't have excess cp to pull for this store.  :'(
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I didn't have any CP because I spent it all champing Elektra.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    I want Gargantos and I don't have Parker or Star Lord fully covered so I decided to open 35 tokens.

I started off well with a Blue Gargantos on pull 3 and then back-2-back Star Lords on pull 13 and 14 (taking him to 9 covers). Then I finished off with an 0-21 streak leaving me an awful 3/35 pull rate :(

What's worse is that the 4* I did get were hot garbage (3 Namors, 2 North Stars etc) other than 1 America Chavez.

KGB
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Gargantos already and both SL and Spidey are champed, so I'm happy to skip this store and save up for the next one.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I want Gargantos and I don't have Parker or Star Lord fully covered so I decided to open 35 tokens.

I started off well with a Blue Gargantos on pull 3 and then back-2-back Star Lords on pull 13 and 14 (taking him to 9 covers). Then I finished off with an 0-21 streak leaving me an awful 3/35 pull rate :(

What's worse is that the 4* I did get were hot garbage (3 Namors, 2 North Stars etc) other than 1 America Chavez.

KGB

Sorry for the bad luck, but putting Namor in the same class as Northstar unfair IMO.  Namor isn't bad such as he just came out too late.  Had he launched a year or two earlier, he would have been part of the meta as a 9ap 5+k aoe  (with easy conditions to meet) would have been competitive.  Alas he came out far far too late for that and had to settle for being merely meh.
    Northstar has never been and would never have been any good at all no matter when he released (though come to think of it, he would have fit right right in with original IW and pre-buff xfw as a part of the meta-irrelevant **** 4* trophy tier in early 2014!)
  • dp05
    dp05 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Dropped around 600 CP, no gargantos pulls but went on an absolute heater in my last 8 pulls, getting 4 starlords and 2 spideys, on top of another starlord earlier in the run. Puts me at 7/24 5* for that run, better than I’d been doing lately but looking forward to not pulling any 5* for the next 100 pulls lol. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    first pull gargantos !!! That will do nicely !!!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    12 Pulls.  2 Spidey (already champed) and 1 Garg.  Stopped after that 1 Garg and am quite happy with the pulls.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably my best pull rate in a long time, out of 36 pulls....

https://youtu.be/knh9cELuTPU
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

Sorry for the bad luck, but putting Namor in the same class as Northstar unfair IMO.  Namor isn't bad such as he just came out too late.  Had he launched a year or two earlier, he would have been part of the meta as a 9ap 5+k aoe  (with easy conditions to meet) would have been competitive.  Alas he came out far far too late for that and had to settle for being merely meh.
    Northstar has never been and would never have been any good at all no matter when he released (though come to think of it, he would have fit right right in with original IW and pre-buff xfw as a part of the meta-irrelevant **** 4* trophy tier in early 2014!)
    Your right, he's not Northstar bad (a bottom 20) but he's not in the top 50 4* either. There are probably 50 or so 4* characters who I can occasionally use even if it's just Puzzle Ops stuff for Support Tokens, Kacelius/Apoc boss events or all web tile teams etc. Namor has just no team he belongs on where someone else can't fill that role better. He isn't even a useful farm character because he doesn't feed a 5*. So getting 3 of his tokens out of 31 4* is just an extra slap after the low 5* rate.

KGB
  • MiNiMooMoo
    MiNiMooMoo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    2/8 for 1 Spidey and 1 Gargantos

Very relieved I can save my cp for later
  • HoundofShadow
    Northstar works with Polaris/BRB if that's your thing. On top of that, he can send enemy airborne for 1 turn if the enemy can't be stunned,or you could chain him with Elsa to stun the enemy for another three turns. Northstar is one of the rare few in the game who can send enemy airborne.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

KGB
    That stinks. I would be up in arms if that would happen to me!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 pulls and I got a tentacle trash.
    I think it's better to close the dimensional portal, severing the tentacle for eating it and gaining forbidden power.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Northstar works with Polaris/BRB if that's your thing. On top of that, he can send enemy airborne for 1 turn if the enemy can't be stunned,or you could chain him with Elsa to stun the enemy for another three turns. Northstar is one of the rare few in the game who can send enemy airborne.

but nova. . .
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for mentioning Nova because it just reminded me that I used him with 5Hawkeye in Shuma's pvp. The problem with Nova's sending enemy airborne is that you need 12 red aps in the beginning, and then maintain at least 1 friendly black strike tile in order to send enemy airborne for 2 turn. With Hawkeye/Shuma, it was easier to do that. Without them, I'm not sure what teammates you have in mind when you mentioned him.

Riri William has the best enemy airborne (3 turns), and I used her with Polaris/BRB in the past to deal with Apocalypse. I feel like someone else can do that too but the number of characters who can send enemy airborne are rare.

Back to Northstar, I remember teaming him with Domino and Agent Coulson with good synergies. I think Northstar gets the bad ratings because he has virtually no ability that can deal decent damage. Still, to me, every character has the potential to be good. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor

Back to Northstar, I remember teaming him with Domino and Agent Coulson with good synergies. I think Northstar gets the bad ratings because he has virtually no ability that can deal decent damage. Still, to me, every character has the potential to be good. 
    What's your take on 5-star Wasp?
  • HoundofShadow
    Note: my Wasp is not champed and I understand that she is clocked under the "bottom tier" category by many.

I find the concept of her powers fun and cool because the activation of her swarm tiles seem to be imitating wasp swarming around something and then attacking them. Back then, match damage multiplier wasn't a thing and increasing match damage by up to 120% was pretty big for 5*. Also, her locking of tiles via swarm bring back some sort of puzzle to the game.

However, the mechanic to create 12 swarm tiles was a difficult task because it requires  collecting a lot of aps, and her passive was working against her to maximise her match damage unless you can spam her powers in a single turn. Only a handful of characters could help her spam powers to hit 12 swarm tiles easily. The potential to destroy up to 48 tiles on the board was probably a sight to see and was the final blow to end the match.

2021 and beyond
    It's even more easier to help her spam swarm tiles but it means hitting 4-6 swarm tiles and getting stucked with +40-60% match damage unless you fire her blue multiple times before it kicks off. I understand that with many characters getting match damage increment passively, mostly permanently and effortlessly, with some up to 10000%, her one-time up to 120% match damage is less useful.

In short, she can be part of a fun explosive team with some of the modern 5*, if tiles destruction/manipulation and puzzle is your sort of thing.