The support targeting era has begun: Crystalize

Options
FregTheGnome
FregTheGnome Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
edited May 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I got Pristine Talisman, the new colorless PMA support. Here's how the dialog looks when you trigger its ability:

Crystalize is powerful, but I'm not sure whether this particular card is worth the hassle for regular support removal. A spell like Fracture is much faster. However if you had a special use for it--like killing your own Hostile Hostel, World Tree, or Book of Exalted Deeds, for example--then it would be much more useful.

I noticed a couple bugs. Once you tap a support you can't change your mind and tap on another one (have to deselect then you can reselect). And when I used the crystalized gem to make a 5-match, the game froze.

Comments

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    You have to de-select your initial selection before picking a different support, and you can long press and release to see what the support is
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Also everyone can try Crystalize in the new PMA training levels in story mode 👍
  • FregTheGnome
    Options
    KrizzB said:
    You have to de-select your initial selection before picking a different support, and you can long press and release to see what the support is

KrizzB said:
    Also everyone can try Crystalize in the new PMA training levels in story mode 👍

Thank you. I didn't notice that there were training levels.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find Crystalize pretty awesome. Being able to surgically pick apart my opponent's supports in a field full of tokens is extremely strong.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dude we have been asking for this for AGES. I'll give them a pass in wanging  black lotus harder  thank any card in the history of the game AND for the mana cost discrepancy.. Finally  having targeted removal is great and this hopefully means more cards in the future have this capability.

(I want darksteel citadel more than black lotus......lol...)
  • FregTheGnome
    Options
    Tezzeret said:
    I think the new Karn's 1st ability for crystalize is great. Maybe even too strong. I'm just not sure about the cards.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As if we needed anymore help in picking Greg apart
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tezzeret said:
    I think the new Karn's 1st ability for crystalize is great. Maybe even too strong. I'm just not sure about the cards.

I will almost certainly get the new Karn when he comes around for crystals, and the one-and-only reason will be that first ability. He seems like a solid walker, sure, but I have a lot of solid walkers. What I don't have is that first ability. Closest I have to that is V1's 1st, but we all know her mana gains and other abilities are... ugh.
  • FregTheGnome
    Options
    jtwood said:
    I will almost certainly get the new Karn when he comes around for crystals, and the one-and-only reason will be that first ability. He seems like a solid walker, sure, but I have a lot of solid walkers. What I don't have is that first ability. Closest I have to that is V1's 1st, but we all know her mana gains and other abilities are... ugh.

He is the best way to kill your own supports, which I think is his most interesting trait. In addition to the supports I mentioned above, you could kill your Foretold tokens, gold\treasure, pests, any of those smaller "when this support is destroyed" lands, and Tibalt's Impostor's Trickery vanguard when it's cast on you.