Players not playing the event... (Emrakuls Coruption)

Options
Fliggl
Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
At the recent event (Emrakuls Coruption) I had a perfekt score. Just until now... After the last refresh, I faced two opponents without a single werewolf or vampire in it's deck. But these decks were built up strait to destroy me and not to get the nodes-specific points. My enemy in the "vampire-node" had more than one support at the battlefield, and no vampire (but three creatures, no token).

What is this about? Is this a coaltition thing where "lower" players are making decks, just to hinder others to win? For a better standing of their coalition? Or why? I don't get it...

I really really would appreciate an answer for this!

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It's an old legacy event, some players will just use a fast deck to get the personal rewards and not care for the ranking.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In addition to what ArielSira said, because of the bracket structure people dont need perfect scores to rank relatively high, so there is even less reason to play towards all objectives.

If you arent in platinum tier I could also see it as people dont have the card pool to meet objectives, so they are playing what they can.

It's almost never the case of people purposely making bad decks just to screw others who might face them. I never take into account how the AI would play my decks, it's always purely on objectives and my own enjoyment of the event.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In any event, it is frustrating to experience what you described. Been there, screamed at the wall and nearly destroyed something valuable.

As Ariel and ambrosio explains above, there are some possibilities as to why non-event decks are used. However, they are just guessing, since no one knows why players designs their deck as they do. Another possibility, is the mastering system, old events are also a good method to level up cards. Just make a deck that relies on 2 cards to win and add 8 duds that needs mastering.

Or the shining new toy that needs a test drive, which gets tested just for fun and sadly kills you by accident. Or… or… or…
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That is what happens when events have really bad individual ranking rewards. I don't  know how many recharges you need to play if you enter the event from the beginning. It has 3 nodes with 5 max recharges per node so that's at least 15 matches. If you get a perfect score you get 1 old rare card, 1 old booster and 15 jewels. You get 20 jewels and one booster from the latest set for just 8 matches in TotP every day without having to worry about secondary objectives.
  • Fliggl
    Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for your answers. Haven't thought about the possibilities you offered me here. Makes more sense know, but it's still meeh to face such a deck