Auto bot for farming? why not?????

TonyD
TonyD Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
why don't we make the system move automatically, the mode can be turned on and off at will during the game, just like any other games. It will save players time while driving or working,

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Yes I often find it annoying too having to deal with that while driving 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh yeah, my farming was interrupted by a funeral I had to attend……while driving……the hearse.  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    Oh yeah, my farming was interrupted by a funeral I had to attend……while driving……the hearse.  
    You’re lucky , most of the time I’m playing I’m driving a school bus 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    We'll all be in auto-driving cars soon anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to hit nodes manually while feeling safe right up until Will Smith drives by in his manual retro-future motorcycle and screws up the nav-mesh.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are issues with autonomous cars and the police worldwide. 
    You can ask the police... they don't like those weird rascals.
    https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/10/23019303/heres-what-happens-cops-pull-over-a-driverless-cruise-vehicle-general-motors
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    There are issues with the game that make this an idea worth considering. For those of us who've moved beyond being willing to put 3 hours per day into the game, the game is basically just a grind of Thanos'ing everything. I'm not saying they should hand out heavy rewards for said idle play, but I'd like to see something that reduces the grind in a meaningful way, even if just for some ISO.
  • bbigler
    IceIX said:
    We'll all be in auto-driving cars soon anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to hit nodes manually while feeling safe right up until Will Smith drives by in his manual retro-future motorcycle and screws up the nav-mesh.
    Well, eventually the robots will turn on us; afterall, their logic is undeniable!
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Seems like a tricky fit for the gameplay style. Other games I've played tend to be more if you've beat a node or whatever with one team you can repeat it using that same team. Here though you beat a node in PVE then that node gets harder so at what point does it count as completed to be repeatable by the ingame AI?

It also does effect how you engage with the game. One reason my interest waned with Arknights was having to repeat a specific node 1-7 over and over again as that was the most efficient way to get a specific resource.
  • bbigler
    A good game will have multiple winning strategies.  If the best strategies involve mind-numbing grinding, then you should fix the reward structure of the game.