MPQ JOINS THE WOMEN OF MARVEL PODCAST THIS WEEK (4/28/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

This week, we are joining the Women of Marvel Podcast, hosted by Angélique Roché, Judy Stephens, and Ellie Pyle, to talk about the origins of the fan-favorite Peggy Carter (Captain America).

Listen to the Women of Marvel podcast on Sirius XM, Marvel Podcasts Unlimited on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your podcasts.

LISTEN HERE

Comments

• Nomad400
    Nomad400 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The link they mentioned to get a free Peggy Carter cover doesn't seem to work. It just goes to a blank page. I've tried from mobile and desktop. Anyone else having problems?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nomad400 said:
    The link they mentioned to get a free Peggy Carter cover doesn't seem to work. It just goes to a blank page. I've tried from mobile and desktop. Anyone else having problems?
    Have the app open and then go to a browser and open the link.  It should ask if you want to open the link in another app (ie mpq).  It took me twice on Android, but it worked.  
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It is possible that this is a re-use of an older offer that many of us on here already claimed.

Thru trying lots of different methods (I got the same blank web page on my Android as well), I sent myself the link that from my desktop browser.  When I clicked on it, it sent me to the game, but I got a popup that said "Thanks for participating on a special offer, but the offer has expired."

I do seem to recall an older 'free Peggy cover" offer from a while ago, so wonder if claiming that one prevent this one from working?

Side note: The podcast itself was good as well.  They interviewed an actual dev on the team.  Got to hear character design insights and such similar to the "piecing together" articles.  Hearing someone audibly saying it instead has a different vibe and more dynamic due to the interviewer/interviewee back & forth.
  • Nomad400
    Nomad400 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Following up, I did get it to work, but I had to use a slightly different work-around.  I had the app open, but Chrome on my phone still would not do anything.  So I tried using the built-in (Android? Samsung?) "Internet" app.  Again, just a blank page, but up in the menu bar, next to the url, that browser showed a small MPQ icon.  I tried taping that, and viola!, it took me straight to the MPQ app and gave me my cover.

I agree with the Viceroy, the interview with the Dev was very insightful.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It looks like they're still consistent with how they design characters. What she said was also written in their old blog before (not word to word, but the idea or process is similar).

For example:

1) How things are balanced requires a lot of spreadsheets.
    2) They will pick 3 abilities that they think represent the character the best in whatever media they use and translate them into the game
    3) themes of colours:
    - red is aggressive and direction
    - yellow is altruism and helping other allies
    - blue is strategy and careful approach
    4) they have particular goals on what each character will bring into the game - to counter meta, to "complete" characters of certain affiliations like Sinister Six, to synergise with other particular group of characters etc.

Designing a character (including artworks and narratives etc) take a few months, up to 6 months.

The part where the dev starts talking is around 4 minute 35 secs and last till 20 minutes 10 secs.