Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
I used to dread the day two Mockingbird node. Not so much today, to my surprise Shang-Chi killed them all in just a couple of moves.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Same. Black Knight was worse than useless since he made Green the strongest color (and at 2K team damage from his Green you'd need to use it 50 times to win which is impossible).

So I put a support on SC so Purple would be the highest color and added Valk as my 3rd to generate tons of Purple. It took a bit longer then you match but then my SC is only a L300 (4/5/3).

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Bishop as a third to provide a stun and I think he and Black Knight is a good pair. 4* Beast works but you're going to face lack of yellow to keep the loop going. I tried different combinations with Bishop/Black Knight and I think 4* Beast is still better. This team is focusing on protect tiles, rather than charged tiles.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who would you use as a third in the level 575 Thing node?
  • HoundofShadow
    If you want to have a no-frill attempt, America Chavez + ap boosts.

Https://streamable.com/2ro7t4

If you like to watch cascades + match 5, you can use Bishop + 2 yellow/red aps. Here are two videos showcasing how each one differs. Both took ~1 minute, thanks to SC.

Https://streamable.com/7gu6yr
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    The link to your roster doesn't work for me.

I used Valk with a support on my L300 Shang so that Purple was the color her bounty generated. Won it handily.

KGB
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    With Shang-Chi as the 2nd, there are plenty of good options. I think I used Karnak. I imagine Doc Ock would also be a good choice. Not only does he help you keep making matches, he can easily remove Star Lord's yellow countdowns.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Any good options for someone who only has one red cover for Shang-chi?  No matter who I use i can't seem to keep the team alive for more than 4-5 turns.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Ugh said:
    Any good options for someone who only has one red cover for Shang-chi?  No matter who I use i can't seem to keep the team alive for more than 4-5 turns.
    3* Deadpool Whales.  Boost +2 Pink and +2 All so you start with 4 Pink.  Chase it and then cast whales.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    Or if you don’t want to use 3Pool himself, you can just bring his Whales team-up, and use a 5* with a lot of health to make sure you’ll have enough turns. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Polaris (4/5/4) + 4 blue aps should work.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Oddly enough, I won the last two 4 and 5 star challenge nodes thanks to Uber Knight’s yellow and black being constantly available as needed. Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we're dead
  • fractalvisions
    Ugh said:
    A character that you can get to remain invisible is very useful for this. Yellowjacket was my go to for Welcome to SHIELD until I got Shang Chi. Still use  him sometimes. Legion is another option that many use. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Starlord has AoE. So, you need to be careful if you are using invisibility.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps Ikaris or Vulture or Karolina?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    I've not tried them for a long time. I assume it'll take a really long time with them, and it's not sustainable if they are the last one standing.

I think 4* Prof X is better if you really want to go invisible because he can boost up to 4 friendly special tiles by a few hundred strengths. 

I noticed that players who use invisibility to win that node never talk about getting hit with Starlord's AoE. This makes me wonder if Starlord is not programmed to fire his purple AoE if Mordo is still alive.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Star-Lord's purple costs more, so if the AI team can afford it, it will always use his ability.  However, the AoE comes after the countdowns resolve, so you have time to match them away.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've not tried them for a long time. I assume it'll take a really long time with them, and it's not sustainable if they are the last one standing.

I think 4* Prof X is better if you really want to go invisible because he can boost up to 4 friendly special tiles by a few hundred strengths. 

I noticed that players who use invisibility to win that node never talk about getting hit with Starlord's AoE. This makes me wonder if Starlord is not programmed to fire his purple AoE if Mordo is still alive.

That's why I use Legion for a third. He can keep the enemy's purple AP in check until you take out Thing and Star Lord.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for the insight. I might need to explore invisibility power more to see if it can create new synergies, new experiences or team combinations. I'm too absorbed in board manipulation power.  :D
  • fractalvisions
    True. I remember once coming close to failing because of that, but fortunately my 330 Yellowjacket had enough health to survive and then could easily heal back with his black.