Selection of Weekly Coalition Events

Options
khurram
khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
A Timeless Voyage is scheduled for 22nd of April. It rewards M21 boosters and frankly nothing else in terms of individual leaderboard rewards.

I'd be very interested to know how the weekly coalition events are scheduled. Is a dice rolled and we get whatever event comes up as a result?

Here's my point; the weekly PvP coalition events have strayed away from giving out any substantial individual leaderboard rewards in terms of crystals and jewels, so if you're not in a top coalition all you get is a few boosters, essentially a bunch of runes. Pretty unexciting. Whats even more unexciting is if those boosters are not even standard, especially when we could be playing an event that would have rewarded us with standard boosters instead. 

The Solution should be that whenever a set rotates out into legacy, the PvP coalition event related to the set should become an individual midweek event, the leaderboard rewards should be readjusted to match other events like Skoti Bloodline or Seize the Day or Colossal Tussel.

I think that would be more enjoyable. 

Comments

• Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    8gon updated the rewards for A Timeless Voyage back when M21 rotated out of standard. The event gives booster packs from A Forgotten Realms as a reward. So the packs are standard. I actually thought this was a rather elegant way to offer more AFR packs as a reward because otherwise the only way to win them would be through Fblthp when Fblthp gave AFR packs as a reward and the PvE event You've Found an Entrance. I wish they had done the same with either Hunter x Bonder or Titanomachy and converted the reward packs into Strixhaven packs because there is almost no good way to get those packs as a f2p player.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scrounger said:
    8gon updated the rewards for A Timeless Voyage back when M21 rotated out of standard. The event gives booster packs from A Forgotten Realms as a reward. So the packs are standard. I actually thought this was a rather elegant way to offer more AFR packs as a reward because otherwise the only way to win them would be through Fblthp when Fblthp gave AFR packs as a reward and the PvE event You've Found an Entrance. I wish they had done the same with either Hunter x Bonder or Titanomachy and converted the reward packs into Strixhaven packs because there is almost no good way to get those packs as a f2p player.
    Oh it doesnt offer M21 boosters anymore? Don't i feel stupid now :smile:

They should still change older coalition events to individual ones with updated rewards.