Ghost Rider: 50 Years of Vengeance In-Game Events

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

2022-03-03-Ghost-Rider-MIT-Shards-Login-Gift1200x628png

Ghost Rider has been around the block a while, dealing out vengeance to his enemies and redemption to sinners who are deserving. And MPQ fans are certainly deserving of something. That something being a new Solo PVE Event featuring the Johnny Blaze and Robbie Reyes who are out to hunt Deadpool. See how the story develops over 5 days of new mission nodes. While you're at it, celebrate 50 years of vengeance with Versus and other Ghost Rider themed events as well as free Shards and Vault tokens just for playing.

LOGIN GIFTS

• Login Gift of 400 Shards of Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) (3/16-3/24)

• Playing with Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) once per day will earn a 50 Years of Vengeance Vault Token (3/17-3/24)

VERSUS EVENTS

• Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) (3/17-3/21)

• Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) (3/20-3/23)

PVE EVENTS

• Hearts of Darkness (3/20-3/24)

• New Solo Event: Ghost Hunters (3/16-3/23)

• New missions unlock sequentially daily

BUFFLIST

• 3/17-3/24

• Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)

• Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

• Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the solo event going to be the only story mode available from the 17th through the 20th?  With the length of time I was originally hoping for a boss level solo event or possibly a puzzle gauntlet type event.  This feels more like an extra node for DPDQ though.  Are we getting another Story event running at the same time?

thanks
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    wymtime said:
    Is the solo event going to be the only story mode available from the 17th through the 20th?  With the length of time I was originally hoping for a boss level solo event or possibly a puzzle gauntlet type event.  This feels more like an extra node for DPDQ though.  Are we getting another Story event running at the same time?

thanks
    There will be, yes. We'll be running Unstable Iso-8 during that time. I'll be updating the What's New a little later today!
  • wymtime
    IceIX said:
    wymtime said:

thanks
    There will be, yes. We'll be running Unstable Iso-8 during that time. I'll be updating the What's New a little later today!
    Thanks for the extra update
  • emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    It is now the 17th March. I have just used the correct Ghost Rider on Deadpool Daily. I did not get a 50 years of vengeance token. Is there a specific time after which this WILL work ?
  • Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    emswad said:
    It is now the 17th March. I have just used the correct Ghost Rider on Deadpool Daily. I did not get a 50 years of vengeance token. Is there a specific time after which this WILL work ?
    I think previous similar tokens rotated on same time as daily resupply I think. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but in my case it'll rotate in 20 min.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Just won a DDQ fight with Johnny Blaze (because there's not much to play right now) and I got zero tokens for this vault. 

Another MPQ disappointment today. 

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    Just won a DDQ fight with Johnny Blaze (because there's not much to play right now) and I got zero tokens for this vault. 

Guessing this will not happen until 9 AM EST (6 PST). That's typically when the 'new day' starts for MPQ because that's when the daily resupply happens.

KGB
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Ares76 said:

Guessing this will not happen until 9 AM EST (6 PST). That's typically when the 'new day' starts for MPQ because that's when the daily resupply happens.

KGB
    Daily Resupply times are different for everyone.
    Mine resets at 1pm EDT.
    My alt resets at 1am EDT.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    I suspect that a free ghost rider token will be handed out today, usually after pve slice 2 ends. The daily tokens ´should´be activated then. 
  • wymtime
    IceIX said:
    wymtime said:

thanks
    The Hunt is ending today and there is no unstable ISO-8 event showing.  Can you clarify what is going on?
  • KGB
    KGB said:
    Ares76 said:

KGB
    Daily Resupply times are different for everyone.
    Mine resets at 1pm EDT.
    My alt resets at 1am EDT.

Interesting. I had no idea about that. I wonder what the trigger is for that as it would be a pain to keep unique times for millions of players so I'm shocked they coded it like that. Everything for me seems to reset at 9 am EST.

Anyway, I played at lunch and got my free token for using 4* Ghostrider. So for me at least it's working as of 12 EST. Maybe 12 EST is the data push (it's usually when new stores arrive for me like the Crystal store)

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worked Ok for me
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice battle today and interesting team with 2 LLs.
    Even I'm thinking on not passing on AB now.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Ares76 said:

Now I got my first tokens and I can't complain. 
    Shards for 5* Ghostpool and 5* Ghosr Rider plus the LT. 
    Still don't know when the next day begins but it doesn't matter if I keep on playing with Blaze the same time every day (DDQ). 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are 7 nodes in this event. They give 1 Elite, 1 special vault token and 80 x 5 4* GR shards. Loaners are provided for all nodes.

The progression rewards are:
    Spicy token x 1
    Iso-8 x 500
    Elite x 1
    Heroic x 1
    Iso-8 x 1000
    Iso-8 x 1500
    Special vault token x 1 

The total rewards for this are:
    4* GR shards x 400
    Elite x 2
    Heroic x 1
    Spicy x 1
    Special vault x 2
    Iso-8 x 3000

All players, regardless of whether they are 1* or 5* players,  get the same rewards.

With Introducing.... events gone, they seem to have more time for rebalances/tweaks and new event.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2022
    Has the token been discontinued for today? The post says through 3/24. I played twice with Johnny since 12pm eastern and got nothing. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has the token been discontinued for today? The post says through 3/24. I played twice with Johnny since 12pm eastern and got nothing. 
    I didn't get one either and I waited until after my shield resupply came in before I did it. It sucks because I really wanted one more crack at that vault.
  • SuperCarrot
    edited March 2022
    shardwick said:
    I didn't get one either and I waited until after my shield resupply came in before I did it. It sucks because I really wanted one more crack at that vault.
    Same. Wanted one more shot at it!
  • KGB
    shardwick said:

So buy a token or two.

KGB
  • SuperCarrot
    KGB said:
    shardwick said:

So buy a token or two.

KGB
    I did! All I had left was 200 Ghost Rider tokens to nab. The 300hp for 200 shards seemed good compared to 20 for 560.