Week 42 Boost - Black Panther, Colossus, Gambit, Odin

Options
atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
5* Black Panther, Colossus, Gambit, Odin

4* Hellcat, Ikaris, Kingpin, Maria, Spider-Gwen. 

No one posted this… so here goes! 

Comments

• atomzed
    Options
    Odin never seems to amaze me. I feel that he is utterly useless during his release, but everytime he is boosted, he will be part of the weekly meta. He is just a PITA on defence and with that, the float point becomes higher. 

I seen a few Okoye-Ihulk… maybe because Odin-Colossus is too slow.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Odin gets meta status when boosted. I think he has the most improvement when going from unboosted to boosted.

Pain in the butt to fight against, when boosted.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Odin’s best partner is an opponent Odin. Just keep theirs in front and blast him with powers, then keep yours in the back to benefit from all the fortifications you made.
  • atomzed
    Options
    Odin’s best partner is an opponent Odin. Just keep theirs in front and blast him with powers, then keep yours in the back to benefit from all the fortifications you made.
    I have to say that playing Odin makes me much more aware of his mechanics and the shenanigans that can happen. He needs to be play differently when there are opponent odin or not. Because of that, he plays very slowly. Normally, that would be a death sentence for pvp, but he is just such a PITA, that people are willing to sacrifice speed for defensiveness. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mirrored colossus odin. Thanks to all the healing the battle was of 10 minutes more or less. Never again!
    Having those two well leveled means really low hits.
    And colossus godboosted means QoL on pve.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m not passing up a 210K+ character . Odie is making this week easy. Even with no other 5* partners. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m not passing up a 210K+ character . Odie is making this week easy. Even with no other 5* partners. 
    Would you take a pass at a 672 Colossus with 453k health?  I have been skipping those for easier matches.

Curious what a 672 Odin is healthwise.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    atomzed said:
    I have to say that playing Odin makes me much more aware of his mechanics and the shenanigans that can happen. He needs to be play differently when there are opponent odin or not. Because of that, he plays very slowly. Normally, that would be a death sentence for pvp, but he is just such a PITA, that people are willing to sacrifice speed for defensiveness. 
    He only reduces damage when he jumps in the front and there are fortifications in play, so you have to either bring someone who can spam them immediately but also tanks for him, or only bring him out when you are mirror matching in my experience. He also only reduces that first hit, so he is useless against a cascade team. I think the reason he elevates boosted is because you are otherwise completely unlikely to come across him to use as a fort-generating punching bag, and because his red actually starts doing meaningful damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Colossus matching yellow triggers it easily unless their Odin levels are much higher. One key note about Odin's ability is it triggers before Colossus's damage reduction happen.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Always, or is that order-based? Because I haven’t noticed him jumping in front off of match damage much when paired with Colossus. Boosted, my Odin requires 14,605 damage to jump in front, and my boosted colossus is only doing about half that on a yellow match in base damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Since his release. I even made a bug report regarding his powers last year. If you remember the bug where his power doesn't take Apocalypse's repeaters into account, it's similar in this situation.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Is Colossus doing enough basic match damage to call him up though? Mine are both 450 ish base level, and my Colossus won’t trigger it.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yes, Colossus's yellow is ~6407 and Odin's trigger is 5792.

It's not a bad thing sometimes when Odin's trigger happen before damage modifier is applied. It's bad against Apocalypse when his repeaters are out and he fires his red because he won't jump in or put fortified tiles. Apocalypse's red base damage is about 4k per hit.

Mr Sinister and Iceman have similar bug. You might remember Iceman reducing damage without enough TU.  All three have weird order of operation regarding this.
  • atomzed
    Options
    @entrailbucket, curious about your experience during this week of boost list… did you see a lot of boosted Odin? Were you using Odin?

i asked because I remember there were prior discussions about how useless Odin is (which I totally agree). But with the god boosts, someone like Odin can actually become meta. At least for my MMR. Not sure how it is like for your MMR, so I am curious to know. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hate that 5 star Colossus is boosted Everyone and there mother is using him in PVP with 100K and up Health
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hate that 5 star Colossus is boosted Everyone and there mother is using him in PVP with 100K and up Health

He's one of the characters who really change up 4* PvP land too.
    For the first time in *forever* I didn't reach 900 points in the Storm PvP last night. Instead I ended up with 40 wins at 870 points and probably a dozen health packs used. Normally I get to 900 with around 28-30 wins using Grocket/Polaris over a couple of sessions and 2-3 health packs tops. After 600 points I switched to Colossus (fully covered, L414 boosted)/America to try and finish to 900. Shocked at how many losses I still took 'live' to enemy Colossus teams including 1 3* player who was running max champed 3*Strange&Storm + Colossus (4 covers total). He must have been really working hard to beat my team with that but he must have needed the wins too because of how many times we traded results.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I ended the last pvp using Colossus with Polaris/Gamora to climb. Loaded + 4ap boost and climbing became a breeze. I got hit a few times, but it was definitely easier than climbing with Colossus/Odin.