Legerdemain Store is here

WilliamK1983
WilliamK1983 Posts: 898 Critical Contributor
Featuring Doctor Strange(Sorcerer Supreme), Shang-Chi(Origin), and Kitty Pryde(Uncanny X-Men).

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Why does strange and kitty have to be in every other store...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Huh, I guess they really like the spending from the last SC store.
    This is not a bad store at all. Strange is quite useful against certain goons, even if he isn't great, and kitty remains strong if somewhat surpassed by power creep. But they both have their uses and can be valuable benchplayers in today's meta. Better than the last SC store IMO.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bagged 2  Kitty and 2 Strange champ levels and left it at that.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hard pass.
    I have Kitty and Strange fully covered (with some saved covers for when I finally champ them). I have SC at 11 covers but I only want 2 more Reds and I am 400 shards into 1 of those Reds so there is virtually nothing for me to gain in this store.
    KGB
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    16 pull, 2 kitty 2 SC and 1 strange. Not bad.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    What does dr strange or shang chi have to do with legerdemain?  I can see kitty being CAPABLE of it at least, but don't even really think of her in that way.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I have 1 Kitty, 2 Strange and 4 Shang covers so I’ll definitely be pulling this store . As frequent as they are I never seem to get a cover in a special store when they are in .
  • Vhailorx
    KGB said:
    Hard pass.
    I have Kitty and Strange fully covered (with some saved covers for when I finally champ them). I have SC at 11 covers but I only want 2 more Reds and I am 400 shards into 1 of those Reds so there is virtually nothing for me to gain in this store.
    KGB

Seems like the pass is a lot more about your roster than it is about the quality of the store.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    What does dr strange or shang chi have to do with legerdemain?  I can see kitty being CAPABLE of it at least, but don't even really think of her in that way.
    ... Dr Strange would be the one most closely related to the term, in both meaning and origin. Literally uses his hands to intricately conjure...

SC has fast hands which he uses in conjunction with magic rings.

Kitty could do so sorts of prestidigitation with her powers.

They all make sense.

If you're looking for card tricks, that's not needed for legerdemain, it's just a good example of skillfully doing something, generally using ones hands.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Vhailorx said:
    KGB said:
    Hard pass.
    KGB

Seems like the pass is a lot more about your roster than it is about the quality of the store.
    Of course! Though in truth, only SC is really that useful.
    Strange might be useful if they give him a make over (esp his low health + match damage and his purple) when his movie comes out (or they might do what they did with Cap and release a 2nd 5* version of him) but so many teams now simply do high match damage or passive damage that you can bypass him rather easily.
    Kittys glory days are long gone (I rarely see her in 4* land when she used to be everywhere because there are so many teams to deal with special tile makers) so unless you want her for a specialized team or to simply finish champing her I can't her being a big reason to pull.
    KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really only needed covers for Strange so I decided to try my luck and hope that I would get a Strange cover in eight pulls or less since I prefer to only use my cp on Latests unless it's a really good store. I got a Strange cover on the sixth pull and stopped there. Now I just need two Strange covers from Mordo and another from Shield resupply to finish off Strange. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:
    KGB said:
    Hard pass.
    KGB

Of course! Though in truth, only SC is really that useful.
    Strange might be useful if they give him a make over (esp his low health + match damage and his purple) when his movie comes out (or they might do what they did with Cap and release a 2nd 5* version of him) but so many teams now simply do high match damage or passive damage that you can bypass him rather easily.
    Kittys glory days are long gone (I rarely see her in 4* land when she used to be everywhere because there are so many teams to deal with special tile makers) so unless you want her for a specialized team or to simply finish champing her I can't her being a big reason to pull.
    KGB
    Kitty is still super valuable in pve.  Against goons, she’s still one of the best options.  SC onslaught can really struggle against non tile moving goons.  God forbid if you get a bad board and the goons don’t help shake the board.  You might as well retreat and re roll the board at that point
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that Kitty is still valuable, especially against Mindless Ones. If SC can't get rid of those attack tiles quickly, he'll be a goner.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still see a ton of kitty brolaris team in all pvp sim, and when she is boosted and she has a good partner(daken).
    However enhancing special tiles is kind of a old trick when there is polaris multiplying them without caring for their strenght.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pass for me but still a good set if you don't have them. No need to make Shang bigger, it's extremely rare I don't pass a node with him in CL10 at full health. Of course a 550 Shang would be awesome but not something I would chase. Now if you swapped out strange from that store for Apoc or Okoye, I'd have been all over it.

I still use Kitty a fair bit, I use her in the Apocalypse boss battle as my 3rd with hulk Okoye and she's just there for countdown insurance. I use her with BRB and Polaris on some nodes. She's still popular in SIM thankfully, so I can smash those teams up with Morbious and not have to think.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Kitty is still super valuable in pve.  Against goons, she’s still one of the best options.  SC onslaught can really struggle against non tile moving goons.  God forbid if you get a bad board and the goons don’t help shake the board.  You might as well retreat and re roll the board at that point
    And that's where half/GThor and SC come in.  I actually prefer those two over Onslaught/SC in PVE anyways and it works well against both non-Tile Movers and Tile Movers.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I think this Shang guy might be good, I'm seeing someone in T10 in SCL 10 with a big Shang and small Okoye and Apoc, right in between the 550 Okoyes and Apocs. So I figured...why not?

123 pulls
    6 Strange
    7 Shang
    14 Kitty

27/123 = 22.0%, just wow. I wish it was 14 Shang and 7 Kitty, but overall I will not complain. Now I'm officially in the CP hospital again after having rebuilt a little post the CNY vault...
  • Vhailorx
    Phumade said:
    And that's where half/GThor and SC come in.  I actually prefer those two over Onslaught/SC in PVE anyways and it works well against both non-Tile Movers and Tile Movers.

Halfthor remains the best support character in the game as no one can produce the same level of constant, passive battery and boardshake.
    But kitty is still useful, even if she is no longer essential the way sheet used to be.  Her cd overwrite remains very capable against any team that relies on fewer, more important specials, and boosting sap tiles is plenty strong too.
  • Vhailorx
    I'm still trying to finish SC (though mine is already a usable 10 covers), and I likely won't be pulling LTs until after Abigail leaves. So I dropped a few hundred cp on this one even though I don't need kitty or strange.
    21 pulls
    2x shang chi (both usable) + 50 bonus shards
    2x strange
    Would have preferred kitty over strange, but 19% over 20+ pulls is much to good to complain.