lps (broken)

Options
Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
edited March 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion
so while scanning through some new posts I noticed alot of players complaining about the lps.  fun fact devs cant reproduce this issue.  although we have all seen greg abuse the snot out of it. can he hit no,  I have no idea.   so how can we as a whole help the devs fix this issue.   Make video's and submit them,   have as much detail as possible?
https://forums.d3go.com/search?search=lps

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Always include media with bug reports. If you're submitting a bug report without a video, screenshot, and/or battle log, it's not really a bug report.
  • Julie71
    Options
    video taken and submitted to devs.  
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Always include media with bug reports. If you're submitting a bug report without a video, screenshot, and/or battle log, it's not really a bug report.
    Interesting perspective. Not sure I agree. 

Out of curiosity - Do you record everything you do on every mobile device you use 24/7/365? I sure don’t do that, mainly because I’d run out of storage quite quickly.

secondly, some bugs are not needed for CS to correct.

Thirdly, if this was such a necessity, why do the support section not contain a how-to submit bug reports with a video exists? Or can you direct me to that article?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How I interpret this, and I think that it makes a ton of sense, is that if you don't submit a media file with the bug report it opens the door to it being marked as a [[Can't Reproduce]] report that ends in nothing. And then several comments just saying "oh no, but it happened to me again in X event". If you provide media evidence then there is no doubt that said bug is happening.

I don't record everything I do on my mobile device, but when I encounter a bug I then try to replicate it recording my matches. Then I will report it adding the media evidence. 

If it is an incorrect text or something that is not a specific game interaction then I won't add the media evidence because it is easier for the devs to recognize it.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    How I interpret this, and I think that it makes a ton of sense, is that if you don't submit a media file with the bug report it opens the door to it being marked as a [[Can't Reproduce]] report that ends in nothing. And then several comments just saying "oh no, but it happened to me again in X event". If you provide media evidence then there is no doubt that said bug is happening.

I don't record everything I do on my mobile device, but when I encounter a bug I then try to replicate it recording my matches. Then I will report it adding the media evidence. 

If it is an incorrect text or something that is not a specific game interaction then I won't add the media evidence because it is easier for the devs to recognize it.

Yep. This.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not helping this argument against the LPS...

I just want to be educated? Are people complaining that Greg never leaves a loop (like NO Is being selected)
    I ask because I have been playing forever and I have NEVER been on the receiving end of a loop where no ground is being gained. EVER. 

I've had games where the LPS timing wise would have prompted for Greg but his combo was in the middle of killing me (curse loops, leafkin, omni ect ect) and I accept my loss. But I have never had it where something loops to no avail. 

Is that what's happening?
  • Julie71
    Options
    would love to see a fix on this.  make greg chose yes every time the lps goes off.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If anything, the loop timer should kick in for your opponent faster. It's no fun to watch your opponent do stuff while you sit there and wait. Even 2 minutes of watching the screen without the ability to interact is too long for any mobile game.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    honestly what would help is a way to animate reinforcements faster. Waiting for 233 zombies to appear from the black adversary is painful, even when i know i'm winning.

at the same time: if you know you are losing and you don't have a chance, why wait out the game...just concede.