I dislike having to play at very specific times…

2»

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had this dislike the basic common sense option to me would be “ I’ll just go play one of the million other online games available “. Possibly I just think abnormal though if this sounds ridiculous , but I wouldn’t play any game that interferes with my real life. Again , it’s just my opinion and not a blanket statement. 
    That’s the problem, I like this game more than other mobile games but it interferes with my real life.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you belong to the unlucky group of players who wants to go for T1/5/10 pve placements but can't due to number of choices of slices. Or if you wanted to, you need to make changes to your lifestyles.

If you want them to expand the number of timeslices, the number of players needs to multiply by at least 200% or 300%. This is the only realistic option. If not, you need to gather a significant number of players and get them to infiltriate different T500 to T1000 alliances and rally them to play competitively. A significant change would probably take 6-12 months of rallying and persuasion.

Otherwise, I don't see them making permanent changes to pves just to satisfy a small group of players. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I was aiming for t25 I'd lose my job so surely I will always be t50.
    Other than that any game making me play more than 3 hours definitely interferes in my real life.
    And despite that I want more new content.
    And I use to grind in another strategical mobile game.
    It's like a light- seeking moth who ends burned.
  • HoundofShadow
    Are you playing MPQ 3 hours per day?
  • Bad
    I've played it in the past, thanks to kingking 5*.
    And without the godboost some days gets close to 3 hours.
  • HoundofShadow
    What about now?
  • Bad
    35 m in first pve clears, 15 finishing,  1 h on pvp each 2 days, 15 m dd. 
    1 h and half without special events like wts or puzzle gauntlet.
  • HoundofShadow
    That sounds right, except for finishing. I suppose it's only 1 clear for finish. So it's 3+1?
  • Bad
    2 clears for finishing it next day.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    35 m in first pve clears, 15 finishing,  1 h on pvp each 2 days, 15 m dd. 
    1 h and half without special events like wts or puzzle gauntlet.

Does this include time spent posting and reading in this forum?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t think I’m alone here….

Daily PVE = avg 80 minutes 
    Daily PVP = avg 80 minutes 
    Daily DDQ = 15 minutes 
    opening tokens & applying covers = 20 min
    chatting with alliance = 20 minutes 
    checking forum posts & posting = 30 min 
    +
    Weekly Lightning rounds = 4 hrs total
    Weekly Shield Sim = 1 hr

So, this is like a part-time job, I mean hobby.  
    Perhaps I can start hitting 1200 pts in PVP instead of reaching 75 wins.  That should save time, but it all adds up!
  • Bad
    Oops! That is looking too much the clock. Actually I only look at the clook at the first clears on pve, I don't want to notice all the things I do.
    It's like some data that says that teenage people unlock their mobile 150 times per day.
    And no, I wouldn't like to count the times I do myself. It could be disheartening.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Every time I select that answer in the surveys I wish we would see more of the alliance raid events..
    Places of Power
    Sinister 600

My alliance loves the boss events as a break from the usual fixed-time grind of pve. Why can’t we get these sprinkled in too?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:
    Every time I select that answer in the surveys I wish we would see more of the alliance raid events..
    Places of Power
    Sinister 600

My alliance loves the boss events as a break from the usual fixed-time grind of pve. Why can’t we get these sprinkled in too?

I would like to try these again too now that my roster has progressed so much. It would be interesting to see how my Alliance got on.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    The timing works more or less perfect for me, but I may be in the minority. First slice PvE opens for me at 7pm (during winter) so I’m able to clear while I’m eating dinner and or drinking at a local bar.
    PvP is a little more troublesome since I play slice 4 or 5.  But spending 30 minutes at work to PvP doesn’t bother me too much since I’m my own boss.

I really don’t know how they would attempt to give the bonus placement rewards to other players…. Maybe a lower set of rewards based on total points above full placement?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The simplest solution is to make more of the rewards progression based instead of placement based.  I would take PVE and make an alliance based progression system instead of a placement based system.  

I would still have placement rewards for each time slice and individual but no placement based rewards for Alliances.  I feel from a competitive standpoint there should be a reward system.  I feel having everything being a placement system is bad.  With a alliance based progression similar to Boss events there would still be plenty of rewards go one out and much less alliance hoping.

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2022
    it seems like people are totally forgetting about the Places of Power pve event..also known as PoP,  this event was perfect for pve. no start time, no end time. play anytime during the 24hr sub. same points and really good rewards when they ran it. PoP was only used twice and then like all the good ones....poofed.  i would prefer more events like this one. no rush to finish or start. i think the only thing it lagged was, communication from the Devs on how properly play this event. as many were scrambling to cover the different tiers of difficulty. in the end, it was not needed, but many lost time to do it the right way.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2022
    The reason why it was good because players in top alliances could earn 2 or 3 LTs. When Sinister 600 was ran, many crapped on that event.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2022
    Here's my attempt at a non time-based points system:

Use back the same nodes in PVE event. Each node rewards base points depending on difficulty. You can earn more by meeting certain conditions. For example:

Win with all <team affliation> +ABC pts
    Win without using powers more than X times +XYZ pts
    Win without letting enemy countdown reach zero +QQQ pts etc.

You only get 6 attempts each node, if you wipe the attempt is considered spent. You have 24 hrs to complete each sub as usual.

So if you're too busy or lazy to play you can just plow through the nodes with your strongest team. But that means you lose out on potential bonus points and won't rank well. If you're just after progression you can make the extra effort to achieve the special conditions for extra points and get your rewards earlier. And if you're a min-maxer aiming for top placement you can try to hit all the special conditions for maximum points available. The challenge comes from having to use less optimal teams on tougher fights where there's a risk of losing. 

Also to go on a tangent, I quite like the Sakaar lightning rounds they did for Thor: Ragnarok. I wish they could bring that back in some form or another.