New Survey 2/28/2022

Options
A new survey is posted in the game today and along with it is a question that reads, "Which of the following do you like least? (Select up to 3)." Which three options did you choose and why? Personally, I think there is a good list of issues with the game here and I am hopeful the devs are aware of these issues and are working on them in some way. I don't know how to make a poll in a post, so here is a list of the options in the survey:
  • In Versus, I don't like being attacked by teams much higher than me
  • I am tired of playing the same events
  • There is not enough Iso-8
  • There are too many 4-star characters in cover packs for me to get the character I want
  • There is not enough Red Iso-8
  • The drop rate for 5-star heroes is too low
  • There are not enough 3-star characters
  • I dislike having to play at very specific times
  • I am tired of fighting the same teams in Versus
  • I do not feel my rate of progress matches my time investment
  • It is too difficult to participate in events that interest me
  • It is too hard to get the supports I want
  • I have nothing to do with all my Iso-8

Tagged:

Comments

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i personally want to pick more than 3.  there is way too many things wrong at the moment - that either the devs seem to not care or not willing to address.  dilution, mmr, bad drop rates due to dilution. wasted iso, supports not being updated and bad drop rates. not enough tokens for supports...REPETITIVE events -  (i want my places of power back) ----so forth...
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would not recommend this dead game to anyone. Not sure what the point of surveys are anyways, it's not like there's anyone left on the dev team to work on the game anymore.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't believe there wasnt any mention of the roster slot problem.

I know a lot of their income is from that but 2k HP per slot is expensive, and the pace of releases is not helping.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    I can't believe there wasnt any mention of the roster slot problem.

I know a lot of their income is from that but 2k HP per slot is expensive, and the pace of releases is not helping.
    I believe the roster slot squeeze is by design.  
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find this survey to be enlightening because it shows that the devs ARE aware of the issues in the game, which is why they are listed in the survey! 

They first asked about what you liked in the game; I voted for creating new teams, because that’s fun.  As for the issues, here’s my take if anyone cares to read it:  

- I don’t like being attacked by bigger teams: meaning, should MMR not break after climbing high?  I don’t have a problem with big teams hitting me, but it would be nice if they couldn’t.  Which means I can give up hitting teams smaller than me too.  
    - I’m tired of playing the same events: which is asking if they should make more events.  That would be nice, but it’s not killing me.
    - There is not enough ISO-8: meaning, should they increase iso rewards?  I voted YES on this issue because it takes years to become ISO positive if you roster everyone.  If you don’t roster everyone, then I bet ISO is not an issue, which was another option.
    - There are too many 4*s: there are a variety of solutions to this problem.  I want to point out that after 270 Pulls and 4.5 months of play, I haven’t gotten a single cover for 4*Grocket.  Nevertheless, I don’t think it’s an issue because of shards.  But the 4* tier has to end eventually, right?
    - There is not enough Red ISO: meaning should they increase these rewards? Well, because good supports come in so slowly, it’s not an issue.  
    - The drop rate for 5*s is too low.  I want to say Yes because it takes very dedicated play to continuously champ new 5*s.  
    - There are not enough 3* chars: meaning should they release more?  In comparison to the bloated 4* tier, then Yes there are too few, but I don’t know anyone that wants more 3*s in the game, so No.  
    - I dislike playing at specific times: this would take a creative solution (I have some ideas) but I voted YES on this issue because I hate scheduling my life around this game.  
    - I’m tired of fighting the same teams in PVP: I don’t know how they would change this, bigger boosts perhaps to force different teams?  I don’t have an issue here, but others may.  
    - I don’t feel my rate of progress matches my time investment: how enlightening! They recognize the grinding nature of the game as a problem!  Should players progress faster? I don’t recommend this game to anyone because of the time commitment (I don’t want to ruin their life). 
    - it’s too difficult to participate in events that interest me: what does this even mean?  You’re missing the required characters or the enemy levels are too high?  Yeah, that can be frustrating but I thought being able to fully compete in an event is the reward for building your roster.  Maybe it shouldn’t be that way? 
    - It’s too hard to get supports I want: I voted YES on this issue, it is too hard.  It’s easier to get a 5* champ than a 5* support!  Maybe they’ll introduce support shards! If they increased support tokens then people may complain about Red ISO.

- I have too much ISO: This only applies to old vets or people that don’t roster everyone. They’re probably asking if they should implement a way to spend on ISO on something else, like buying tokens or HP or shields or slots.  

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My like was : Creating new teams , for a change of pace to prevent boredom.
    My only dislike was : Facing the same team option 95% in VS, because these tinykittys know only 2 things , BRolaris/Kitty or Apoc/ Scarlet Steel. Once you beat a team , any clone of it should be barred in future matches .
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My dislikes were Not enough Iso8 Fighting the same teams in PVP and Something else( Wanting to play SCL9 for PVE but after every PVE finishes it reverts me back to SCL10 just stay at Scl9 unless i Say otherwise.. 
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I find this survey to be enlightening because it shows that the devs ARE aware of the issues in the game, which is why they are listed in the survey! 
    I agree! They wouldn't have appeared in the survey if the devs weren't aware that they were issues. It remains to be seen if they have plans to fix those issues (or if they have any idea on how to fix the issues), but hopefully they are working on them. 
    - There are too many 4*s: there are a variety of solutions to this problem.  I want to point out that after 270 Pulls and 4.5 months of play, I haven’t gotten a single cover for 4*Grocket.  Nevertheless, I don’t think it’s an issue because of shards.  But the 4* tier has to end eventually, right?
    I actually hope the 4* tier doesn't end! I feel like if they stop releasing 4* characters and only release 5* characters, most of the player base would lose out on the excitement of new character releases because most of the player base is not in the 5* tier (I don't have data to back this assertion up, just assuming that most people aren't because of how long it takes to break into the tier). Moreover, while I find 5* characters very cool, I personally don't get very excited for the newest 5*s because I know it will take me a very, very long time to ever get that character even remotely covered, if I ever do at all. On the other hand, new 4* character releases are exciting to me because I know I can cover the character over the course of only a couple months. With all that being said, I'm still firmly in the 4* tier myself so I would be biased towards that, but I think that stopping the production of 4* characters would only serve to hurt newer players or players whose rosters are still developing. Rather than stop making 4* characters, I'd like to see them become more relevant and for there to be a solution to the dilution of the classic legendary store. I've seen people on the forums suggest breaking the classic legendary store up into multiple stores, and I think that could be a good idea. 
    - I’m tired of fighting the same teams in PVP: I don’t know how they would change this, bigger boosts perhaps to force different teams?  I don’t have an issue here, but others may.  
    This doesn't really bother me that much either. I know in the 4* tier I see a lot of Polaris and Grocket, but I think they have released enough counters to that team that I don't mind it as much. Maybe along with boosted characters there could be banned characters in Versus for that week? i.e., x, y, and z characters are boosted for the week while a, b, and c characters are banned for the week. The bans would only apply to Versus of course, but maybe that could help shake the meta up now and then. 

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of the game just needs an overhaul. Just off the top of my head right now...

- They can bring back Heroic and 7 day events to help the game be less repetitive but maybe change up the enemies a bit.

- Rework the layouts of some of the events. A sub like Florida desperately needs to be changed up. I would get rid of a lot of the extra nodes and add a boss fight like Alligator Loki. I think each pve event should feature a boss node on at least one of the subs. 

- Give supports a shard system and put all supports together instead of putting them in different groups. You would essentially favorite a specific support and then depending on the level of the support token you would get X amount of shards to level up your support.

- Rework rewards so that support tokens and support shards are in progression. 

- Give the ability to "refresh" the point value on a pvp opponent. Somebody hit you earlier. The game says that the retal is worth 45 points so you do the fight but then only end up getting 21 points for it. It would be nice if you could refresh the node and see that it's only worth about 20 pts so you don't waste your time on it. I'd also like to see 3*s added to pvp bonus rewards as well as an increase in Bagman covers. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My responses were, 
    The combination of LL/CPs being a bit too scarce and hard to build up for many, plus the all too often lousy RNG really kills the fun of this game for a lot of players. I'm not saying LL/CPs or 5s should be given out for free, but D3 could certainly tweak rewards up a notch and consider some additional changes to draw rates or some sort of slump busting mechanic. Epic bad RNG streaks are especially punishing in a game as silly as MPQ where you need 13 covers to complete a character and in most cases stuck with dupe covers. It's really lame that you can end up with a plethora of dupe covers and still not hit on that last one or two you need after hundreds of pulls, further bleeding ones resources even further.

Many players including myself would like to roster and cover each 5, but it can be tough with the state the game is in. Not everyone has the resources to fully champ all 5s in LLs then still be in good standing when the next good/great/meta character comes around. For those that can keep up that's great. For others it might mean just getting one cover for required nodes or skipping a lackluster character all together, to hoard for months when something much better comes around. 

As far as events they can't get any more stale and boring than they are now. There's hardly ever anything new or worthwhile added to get excited about. Aside for releasing new characters once you have a mature 5* roster, but D3's quantity over quality kills the fun factor  in that department for me these days. 

Lastly seems like quite a few of us don't feel the rate of progress in any way matches our time invested. That's something everyone has to measure with their own parameters of course. I think a lot of this can be tied into how often new characters come out. Tokens & CPs not being as plentiful as they need to be in a game set up like MPQ with the nightmare LL store, needing 13 covers to compete a character, being stuck with dupes and bad RNG. The fairly fast rate new characters are released is tough, then once they hit classics how hard it is for lots of players to finish them at that points.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Out of all those choices, not enough 3* seems to be a new addition. I chose "too hard to get supports I want" and "creating teams that work well together".
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I chose repetition of events because it does badly affect my enjoyment of the game. I struggle with PvE at the best of times due to boredom, when it is the 4 millionth run of The Hunt it is hard to stay interested. Even if they just shook up who you fight against it might help - I love @shardwick Alligator Loki boss battle idea!
    I feel the boost lists do help with PvP but considering we have so many 4* I feel we should get more 4* PvP than we do currently.
    I am interested in what these new Classic tokens mean for the game. Are we going to have them integrated into events as rewards? If so, is this additional (which they could claim addresses 5* drop rates) or as a trade-off?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    Options

If they ever want to truely fix it. Make many many strong characters or theme teams.

Web teams don't work in 5star land. Fortified tile teams dont work in 5star land (make more 5star characters with those kindof powers).

As an estimate, there are probably 10-25 5stars that hardly see any use. Give them all buffs or changes to bring them in line with everyone else. Maybe don't make them all as strong as Okoye, Apoc etc, but make them stronger or more versatile. Too many old characters have high cost powers as an example.

Maybe add a new status effect, confusion: When a character who is confused makes a match in their colours, have a 50% chance to deal the damage to someone on the enemy team instead. 

I played a bit of Gems of War on the Switch and the roster and gameplay was really interesting. 
    You pick 4v4. If you do a match 4 or 5 you get an extra turn.
    When you use a power, your turn ends. Unless you make a match 4 or 5 or the game says using that power gives you an extra turn. 

And, there are a lot of powers that change colour tiles. Or cause explosions.

AND your teams had passives that were based on the type of characters you were using (symbiotes, villains etc) and also from which region they were from (latvia, team ironman  etc).

And the game speed could go really high. Tiles dropped maybe 300% faster than mpq currently does. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had to do the survey again, because I thought of a different "Something else" that I like the least.
    My initial complaint was about 5* cover distribution, currently I have 13 Sersi covers, but 7 of them are yellow.  The same thing happened with Gamora, I had 7 Yellow covers before I was able to champion her.
    My second complaint was about the time enemy turns take.  The AIM goons with repeaters that move around the board are particularly annoying with the time it takes for the repeaters to move.  Also, when the AI cascades into match-5s, and even when they don't but have long cascades, I would love to have a fast forward button or something to get through their turns and back to mine faster.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A new survey is posted in the game today and along with it is a question that reads, "Which of the following do you like least? (Select up to 3)." Which three options did you choose and why? Personally, I think there is a good list of issues with the game here and I am hopeful the devs are aware of these issues and are working on them in some way. I don't know how to make a poll in a post, so here is a list of the options in the survey:
    • In Versus, I don't like being attacked by teams much higher than me
    • There is not enough Iso-8
    • There are too many 4-star characters in cover packs for me to get the character I want
    • There is not enough Red Iso-8
    • There are not enough 3-star characters
    • I dislike having to play at very specific times
    • I am tired of fighting the same teams in Versus
    • It is too difficult to participate in events that interest me
    • It is too hard to get the supports I want
    • I have nothing to do with all my Iso-8

BTW Kirk - in future if you want to make a poll then click on the drop down arrow next to the post new topic option and you can do it from there. You can only have a maximum ten options though so it would have still meant you couldn't feature all choices. ☺️
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thought it was a request to rate the game in the Google Play store so I skipped it.  I wish I didn't but here are my two major gripes with the game. 

First is in regard to PVP.  It's absolute **** that you can be attacked unlimited while in a battle.  Nothing and I mean nothing makes me want to give up on this game more than coming out of a match winning a measly 30 points to see I've been beat by seven teams and 185 points down from where I started.

Second is the rate characters are released.  I think this should be slowed waaaaaaaay down.  It should be a much bigger deal when the game gets a new character.  That's not the case due to the volume of releases.  

I got plenty more to rant about but those are the two big ones.  Glad to see whoever makes these decisions is showing interest in what the players think, but I don't expect anything major to be done.  End mini rant. 

I believe you can still take the survey if you skipped it.  Click on the settings icon when you're in game and click "today's news" and It should pop back up.

The speed of character release is how they make the bulk of their income, they've been releasing a character every 2 weeks for years now and I don't expect that will stop until the game itself stops.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

If they ever want to truely fix it. Make many many strong characters or theme teams.

Web teams don't work in 5star land. Fortified tile teams dont work in 5star land (make more 5star characters with those kindof powers).

As an estimate, there are probably 10-25 5stars that hardly see any use. Give them all buffs or changes to bring them in line with everyone else. Maybe don't make them all as strong as Okoye, Apoc etc, but make them stronger or more versatile.

There are at least 50 that I see once per PvP event or less. If you’re seeing 40-55 different 5* being played tell me where and I’ll go there. My last PvP I counted 13 of 66 used in about 450 offered matches ( I skipped 425).
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

As an estimate, there are probably 10-25 5stars that hardly see any use. Give them all buffs or changes to bring them in line with everyone else. Maybe don't make them all as strong as Okoye, Apoc etc, but make them stronger or more versatile.

There are at least 50 that I see once per PvP event or less. If you’re seeing 40-55 different 5* being played tell me where and I’ll go there. My last PvP I counted 13 of 66 used in about 450 offered matches ( I skipped 425).
    Probably in a place you can't go anymore and that's 4* PvP land.
    I just finished my climb to 900 points in the Rhino event and there were probably only 20 5* I didn't see at least several times and one of those surprisingly was Okoye (my guess is players either have her champed and aren't in 4* PVP land or they barely have her at all and never user her). I see lots of the recent 5* (ones in the last 2 years) but almost never in teams like Scarlet/Steel because the 5* I do see are rarely fully covered so it's Colossus + 4* or Switch + 4* or Shang-Chi + 4*. Lots of BRB + Polaris of course and plenty of whatever 5* is boosted this week. However lots of non-boosted unloved older PvP characters like Rescue, Hela, OML, Phoenix, Thanos etc.
    Of course 4* PvP land is full of Polaris and her counter teams along with Karnak and/or Chavez teams etc but there are also boosted 4* teams too.
    KGB
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    KGB said:
    Srheer0 said:

Probably in a place you can't go anymore and that's 4* PvP land.
    I just finished my climb to 900 points in the Rhino event and there were probably only 20 5* I didn't see at least several times and one of those surprisingly was Okoye (my guess is players either have her champed and aren't in 4* PVP land or they barely have her at all and never user her). I see lots of the recent 5* (ones in the last 2 years) but almost never in teams like Scarlet/Steel because the 5* I do see are rarely fully covered so it's Colossus + 4* or Switch + 4* or Shang-Chi + 4*. Lots of BRB + Polaris of course and plenty of whatever 5* is boosted this week. However lots of non-boosted unloved older PvP characters like Rescue, Hela, OML, Phoenix, Thanos etc.
    Of course 4* PvP land is full of Polaris and her counter teams along with Karnak and/or Chavez teams etc but there are also boosted 4* teams too.
    KGB
    So what you’re saying is the game becomes duller and monotonous as you develop and get a better roster . That’s disappointing as lower tier battles are too easy even if the diversity is there