General Forums Contest Chatter (2/18/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited February 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Please keep all chatter about the contest to this thread.  No submissions from the February Forums Contest will be accepted via this thread.

Thank you!

Find February Forums Contest HERE to submit your answer.

Comments

• jjjjhhhhhhffff
    jjjjhhhhhhffff Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    This is the first time that I do a contest. How will you contact me if I win (I don't think so but I have to try)? 

Sorry if there are some mistakes, English is not my language

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The mod or admin will pm you.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    Oof, I totally didn't see / understand the ranking part of the scoring until I went back to figure out why I hadn't been contacted... that's rough. It looks like a lot of us did the same, would have really helped if the example submission included ranking numbers so that more of us would have caught on.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nebula turns out to be the least used MCU character. What a surprise. There were a lot of Talos and Wasps guesses. I guessed Wasp. I was thinking of Mysterio bur decided to go with Wasp. It looks like we have a new Talos.  :D
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Nebula turns out to be the least used MCU character. What a surprise. There were a lot of Talos and Wasps guesses. I guessed Wasp. I was thinking of Mysterio bur decided to go with Wasp. It looks like we have a new Talos.  :D
    I'm shocked that it's her. From a personal standpoint, she's been my hardest 4* to acquire covers for (despite being many years old I barely have her at L300 and I recall at the time of her release that I didn't get 13 covers of her for a very long time) via token RNG.  That said, she's mostly mediocre and not Talos or 5* Wasp bad.
    I went with 3* Quicksilver because I figured who uses a 3* in a pick 2/pick 3 once you are in 4* land and above and for 3* players, he's going to be WAY down the list because he brings next to nothing to the table. Would love to see the usage numbers on him vs Nebula.
    KGB
    @Timemachinego - I also didn't understand I was supposed to rank them in terms of use from 1-10. I just thought we had to pick the pairings. Wouldn't have mattered in my case since I missed quite a few of them but I would definitely have changed order.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:

@Timemachinego - I also didn't understand I was supposed to rank them in terms of use from 1-10. I just thought we had to pick the pairings. Wouldn't have mattered in my case since I missed quite a few of them but I would definitely have changed order.
    By my figuring I was third or at least tied for it before I read the ranking thing... I'm really inclined to believe that was not in the initial contest text. You can go and look at the entries and nobody on the first  (or even most of the second) page were responding as though rankings were part of the criteria.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had forgotten we had Nebula so actually fair enough. She does everything bleh but is not totally terrible in any one ability. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nebula was immediately superseded by Dazzler at the time, and isn’t the best at anything. I’m surprised she is used less than others too though.