Nissa, vital energy+khalni garden [To Be Fixed]

DrRuphus
DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
Hello!

When matching more of 1 seed gem with nissa as pw and khalni garden on the board the game soft locks. I. Currently trying it with other PW so I'll keep you up to date

Comments

• DrRuphus
    edited February 2022
    DrRuphus said:
    Hello!

When matching more of 1 seed gem with nissa as pw and khalni garden on the board the game soft locks. I. Currently trying it with other PW so I'll keep you up to date
    Just tried in canopy of turntimber with kasmina. Khalni garden ran smoothly

Addendum: tried with huatli (green and white). It works too

Addendum 2: tried again with nissa PMA. the problem seems to appear if khalni garden and yavimaya cradle of growth are both on the board (confirmed by removing yavimaya from the deck without crashes)

Addendum 3: another cause might be the triggering of a cascade of seed destruction and reseeding by nissa. The game soft locks (impossible to swap, while the pause menu can be opened). Most of the times the elemental token remains zoomed on the foreground
  • DrRuphus
    Ok this is the last one, I promise.

So, after several combinations of PW and cards with khalni garden I believe that the problem is indeed with nissa pma
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    This is happening exactly like you described it. Khalni Garden + Yavimaya Cradle of Growth at the same time on the board soft locks the game if you play that combo with any green Planeswalker. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86419/khalni-yavimaya-investigating#latest

If you take Yavimaya Cradle of Growth out and just play Khalni Garden, it will work perfectly fine except if you play Khalni Garden with Nissa Vital Energy. Khalni Garden + Nissa Vital Energy soft locks the game instantly.

I'm guessing that this happens because both Yavimaya and Nissa have an ability which says that when a seed gem is destroyed you immediately seed another gem. Since Khalni Garden creates an Elemental when a seed gem is destroyed but the game is also trying to create another seed gem at the same time it seems like the game just don't knows what to do first and the game soft locks.

• DrRuphus
    I agree. Furthermore I was playing the two cards with domri in today's ZE and when I matched 2 seeds the softlock triggered again
  • DrRuphus
    This is happening exactly like you described it. Khalni Garden + Yavimaya Cradle of Growth at the same time on the board soft locks the game if you play that combo with any green Planeswalker. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86419/khalni-yavimaya-investigating#latest

If you take Yavimaya Cradle of Growth out and just play Khalni Garden, it will work perfectly fine except if you play Khalni Garden with Nissa Vital Energy. Khalni Garden + Nissa Vital Energy soft locks the game instantly.

I'm guessing that this happens because both Yavimaya and Nissa have an ability which says that when a seed gem is destroyed you immediately seed another gem. Since Khalni Garden creates an Elemental when a seed gem is destroyed but the game is also trying to create another seed gem at the same time it seems like the game just don't knows what to do first and the game soft locks.

So, the problem seems to be with any condition that seeds gems when a seed gem is destroyed, right? Bit of a bummer because PMA cards seem to be designed to sync with PMA PW, but nothing too bothering... Except for the fact that yavimaya cradle of growth loses a lot of its worth.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, but only when that simultaneous seed destroy/creation condition is combined with Khalni Garden trying to create an Elemental token
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    @Oktagon_Support any way this can have a status label.   is it being investigated??
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.