How much improving would Silver Surfer (Skyrider) need, to be viable with a weekly boost?

Kolence
Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
Sorry about the delay in these. I was busy and haven't quite had time to wrap up Rescue to my satisfaction yet.

So, Surfer has already been buffed once, and that rework could fall under option 4 here, more or less. But that was so long ago, the game has been running almost twice as long with this latest version of him than without. :)

Not really sure what to do here other than updating match damage and health. He does play kinda fun, just slow. Against some newer opponents, too slow even if boosted, sadly.

Perhaps further boost his health to Knull levels and scale his healing accordingly if not more, so he's tougher? Red could also get extra damage tied to charged tiles somehow, so he has a chance to overcome some resistances or protect tile spam when boosted. 

How much improving would Silver Surfer (Skyrider) need, to be viable with a weekly boost? 17 votes

1. No need for a rework
0%
2. Updating match damage and health
0%
3. The above plus powers damage
5%
Godzillafan67 1 vote
4. The above plus minor tweaks in power costs or other numbers
64%
KolenceAlfje17JaGoCharlieCrokerTiger_Wongbowla33PtahhotepcaptainheathSrheer0MegaBeeDavidk777 11 votes
5. Needs a rework in 1 power
11%
mdreyer93skittledaddy 2 votes
6. Needs a rework in 2 powers
5%
658_2 1 vote
7. Needs a complete rework
11%
bbiglerNatenatenate 2 votes
8. Something else, please elaborate in a post
0%
9. I'm not sure
0%

Comments

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Make the black hole cheap.  A cost of 12 is ridiculous considering others gather AP passively.  I'm thinking a cost of 7 or 8.  Red and Blue could also be cheaper without being overpowered.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if the black hole did something else, like pull specials in towards it and turned them into charged tiles on his colors when they got close enough or something? Just think of ways to enhance the theme of that power in addition to improving it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    IMO he needs:
    (1) more health. At least 65k at 450. And modern match damage at or above 900 on blue at 450.
    (2) biggers numbers on blue and red, or lower ap costs, or both. 
    (3) black should be cheap, and do little direct damage. Make it 6ap, but it lasts 4 turns and only does 6k damage on resolution at 5 covers, and cap the number he can have out, so maybe only 1 at a time at 3 covers, but 2 or 3 at 5 covers.
    1 and 2 are just bringing him in line with the strength of modern 5*s, but 3 is about changing his play style. He should be able to get the singularities out really fast, giving him some very strong, if somewhat random, board control and making him a good counter for any team that wants a stable board. He doesn't really have a big nuke, but that's fine if his role in the game is a self-healing support providing boardshake and ap-acceleration.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Besides the standard match damage and health buff,

1) Turn his blue into a 2-turn repeater or  turn it into a passive power. Make his healing based on anyone matching/destroying charged tiles.
    2) Increase red's damage to about 14-15k damage.
    3) Reduce black's ap cost to 8/9 and make it deals AoE to everyone, including allies. AoE would be around 10-11k to enemy and 2-3k to allies.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make the black hole cheaper. Have him add more charged tiles to the board with his blue. Then, when your team matches charged tiles, he gains health. When a charged tile goes into the black hole, do AoE dmg to the enemy team. Red can stay a jab.
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I will give home a typical buff. Blue heals for about 20K.  They buff Phoenix red to 16K and drop 1ap, so I don't see why silver surfer can't have the same. The big change I would do is his black. Dropped it by 2 ap and add a second black hole. This way you can get a nice boardshake, so you can play him with both boardshakers and or charged tile character. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give him the Jean treatment. Pump up the power, drop the AP, raise his health and match damage. There’s a lot of things you can do to his black power. I like the idea of sucking in enemy special tiles and charged tiles and blowing them up. Also…..

Black hole blows up enemy tiles - damage to enemy for each enemy tile it explodes

black hole blows up charged tiles -
    damage to enemy team

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I like some of the ideas above regarding changes to black hole. It should only destroy tiles adjacent to the black hole, but it should also rotate the tiles around it similar to what Big Wheel does. The more covers, the larger the black hole.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    5. Needs a rework in 1 power
    Black Hole is so pointless, as is.
    This could become a really fun power if the devs got more creative with what it could do. A black hole collapsing should be a battle altering event (if not battle ending, altogether), right now it's nothing more than a minor nuisance.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    7. Needs a complete rework
    To make him unique, interesting, fun and playable, I would redesign him like this: 

Health: 70K - modern match dmg

8 Blue - Heal himself 25K and create 6 charged tiles on a chosen color.  

9 Red - Deal 25K and create 5 random charged tiles

6 Black - create 4-turn black hole tile; each turn it destroys all charged tiles surrounding it generating AP, then pulls in all charged tiles from the board to surround it.  
    *This way his black is very cheap but he’s not OP by himself.  Plus, his black hole could be used with or against Black Bolt & Storm