PMA (Red) Discussion

Options
Asylamb
Asylamb Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
Hello, everyone!
Right away: this is not a topic to discuss PMA boosters' prices. We all know it's a slow grind.
I'm here to discuss the design of each PMA.
---
First of all, the PW.
I don't understand why Oktagon would commision a fan art when there are plenty of visual material. I think, Chandra Aflame (M20) would do just fine for PMA Chandra.

She IS Ignited.
---
I appreciated that none of the Red PMA cards has a doppelganger in other sets. But some cards did raise my brow.

1) Why is Fire Servant a Dragon, when it's an Elemental by all accounts? @BongoTheGrey did raise the same question here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86431/fire-servants-creature-subtype.

2) Novice Pyromancer is one of Chandra's monickers, but Novice Pyromancer creature card isn't supposed to show Chandra at a younger age. It's supposed to show a pyromancer girl inspired by Chandra, and in Paper she's called Young Pyromancer.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. I thought this thread would be about the extremely underwhelming red PMA cards.

I get the impression the lead Game developer is a “blue” MTG player and has no interest for red.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Interesting. I thought this thread would be about the extremely underwhelming red PMA cards.

I get the impression the lead Game developer is a “blue” MTG player and has no interest for red.
    I ALSO came for the "man, the red cards suck" thread. I stayed for paper nostalgia!